Arsenal home Sunday 16th April 14.00 BST.

Comments

• Post match it was all about how Arsenal threw it away. No credit given to West Ham.
  • alderz said:

I think it’s the best we’ve played since the Lyon game last year (coincidentally the last time I wore a West Ham top while we played, so I’ll be doing that some more for the rest of the season).

Kinda begs the question of why you've not worn a West Ham shirt in so long 🤔🤔🤔, this season is obviously on you 😂🤣😂

I wear them to football and usually they’re still in the wash. Also, we’ve been rubbish so the less time in a West Ham top this season the better
  • alderz said:

Also, we’ve been rubbish so the less time in a West Ham top this season the better

Chicken or egg 🤔🤔🤔

• edited April 2023
    Next weekends game is immense. If we can fashion a win that almost puts us safe. We would just need one more win from the last 7 games to stay up IMO.
  • MIAHammer said:

Next weekends game is immense. If we can fashion a win that almost puts us safe. We would just need one more win from the last 7 games to stay up IMO.

If we win next weekend then I think 2 draws or a win from the last 7 would be enough. Won't be easy as they'll be buzzing after their win at Spurs, and it will be our 7th game in 22 days, and, unfortunately, we have to field a strong team on Thursday to ensure we progress in the ECL. But yes, a win next weekend would be huge.
  • Massive bonus point, that. Expected nothing, and that looked likely after ten minutes, so I was really surprised and pleased to see we'd got the point.

More so than anything though, I hope it gives the players confidence going into the Gent and Bournemouth games. It sounds like they put on a performance after the early setbacks so kudos to everyone involved. Hopefully that's the level they'll keep to now because there's still some big games to come.
  • Hopefully Moyes and Rice can look at this game and put a run together. Gent / Bournemouth / Liverpool / Palace
  • Tbh, after the first 10 minutes it's got to be close to, if not the best we've played all season.

Great bonus point, and hopefully will put us in good stead for the next 2 huge games on Thursday and Sunday. Small point I know, but nice we're at home on Thursday, just avoiding the need to travel at this point in our run of fixtures is a real bonus.
  • no idea how we have pulled this back to 2-2

Because, today, we're not as bad as is made out on here.
  • Me personally, I'm going by the first 10 minutes, well the second goal actually. Call me a lousy fan if you want but I am fed up to the back teeth of toothless performances. A bit gutted I didn't continue with the game though hahaha
  • IronHerb said:

no idea how we have pulled this back to 2-2

I think our position in the table says more than anything that's said on here.
  • Me personally, I'm going by the first 10 minutes, well the second goal actually. Call me a lousy fan if you want but I am fed up to the back teeth of toothless performances. A bit gutted I didn't continue with the game though hahaha

Going by the last 65 minutes, we were better then top of the table, and not toothless at all.
  • Our best 80 minutes of the season.
    Even better it was against Arteta.
  • I only watched the first 10 minutes, I didn't watch the rest of the game. I called other performances toothless, not the other 80 minutes or so of today's game.
  • I honestly can never understand just giving up on your side after ten minutes of a game.
    Today was proof, if needed, that a football match is over 90 minutes.
  • Bully for you
  • I think I heard comms say something at half time like that was the most attempts against Arsenal by any team this season.
  • edited April 2023
    I actually thought our first 6 mins were really good, we were in their face and pressing, the fact is that we gave away two pretty soft goals through poor defending and it was disheartening as you could literally see the shoulders sag, the energy drain and all of a sudden there was only one team in it and it wasn’t us.

The penalty changed all that through Rice’s pressing and although I still think there was a suspicion of handball, the goal woke us up and we were back on it.

To be fair, our tactics were appropriate, we did not really try to play their game but went more direct and they could not handle it, Antonio was a beast up top and once back to one goal down, everyone played their part.

I was not that worried about the result, other than a proper shellacking, I just wanted to see passion and effort and to leave Arsenal know that they had been in a game, and I saw that today in spades.

To see all that and nick a point - I’ll take that all day long
  • edited April 2023
    The approach to this game was different. There was a nice balance of sitting in shape but we engaged Arsenal whenever we felt we could win it, which was a lot of the game. Like anything, when you work hard & take a bit of a risk, you often get rewards. We did that with our start (which came together with the atmosphere) we did that with Rice, we did that with our chasing & tacking & pressing & desire to get forward whenever we could. Our set-plays were bang on all game &, apart from the two goals we conceded & the following 20 mins, we were excellent. We got a bit of fortune with the penalty miss but, again, you make your own luck & we earned it with our overall effort & quality when on the ball. It was the West Ham of last season. Reminded me of our wins over Chelsea, Liverpool that we had last season. The difference was we played with intensity with the ball & without it & we showed quality when on the ball.
  • Obviously delighted with the result but it’s a shame Saka had to miss the pen as he seems like a nice bloke, I would have much preferred ‘Mr sulky face’ Jesus to smash it wide.
  • Bully for you

👍
  • IronHerb said:

no idea how we have pulled this back to 2-2

I think our position in the table says more than anything that's said on here.
    I tend to disagree with that. Going by what's said on here we should have been relegated about ten games ago.
  • Half the time we talk a load of rubbish, I know I do. I talked myself out of a great game of football hahaha
  • Just wanted to say and yes I am on my 3rd glass of good red ,that I never give up on a game ,that's nothing against anyone its just me as I want to see how we respond if we are 3or 4 down and how the manger who ever that may be makes the changes and the players handle it ,hence why I sat and watched the whole Newcastle game
  • I didn’t see the game but read a couple of comments praising kehrer. Has he come good?
  • He grew into the game .and had one of this better games
  • I agree he grew into the game, for me though, right at the start when we were generally pretty good, he looked the weakest link, gave up the ball a bit easy and once again gave them to much space and looked a little lost, to be fair, he was on the left of the central two which is probably not his norm

Let’s see how he does in the next couple but for me, he still has to prove himself, he is a far cry from “come good”
  • Arsenal have three players named Gabriel (Jesus, Martinelli, Magalhaes)

Maybe the should be all be called Gabriel to avoid confusion
  • Kehrer has had two assists in a week. His attitude on the pitch is good, and if he can improve his positioning then we'll have a very good player. I keep thinking of Reid, and he turned out pretty well.
  • If KDB had lobbed the ball like Kehrer and Haaland had finished like Bowen they would still be talking about it =)