Arsenal home Sunday 16th April 14.00 BST.

123457»

Comments

• There’s a difference between giving up on a game & posting comments that suggest you have. Personally, even though I put something like ‘go home, dolls’ at 0-2, I continued to watch the rest of the game.
  • edited April 2023
    I'm sure that the eight or so gooners that I work with can't wait for me to arrive later =)
  • I wonder if Benrahma will be getting extra coaching this week. He was AWOL from his defensive duties for both Arsenal goals. In contrast, Bowen made a good headed clearance to prevent another Arsenal goal.
  • Pengeman said:

I wonder if Benrahma will be getting extra coaching this week. He was AWOL from his defensive duties for both Arsenal goals. In contrast, Bowen made a good headed clearance to prevent another Arsenal goal.

Bowen was at fault for the first goal, IMO. Looked at Jesus but didn’t track him, despite Coufal already marking someone.
  • alderz said:

Pengeman said:

I wonder if Benrahma will be getting extra coaching this week. He was AWOL from his defensive duties for both Arsenal goals. In contrast, Bowen made a good headed clearance to prevent another Arsenal goal.

Bowen was at fault for the first goal, IMO. Looked at Jesus but didn’t track him, despite Coufal already marking someone.
    Yeah, both Benrahma and Bowen shoulda done better with the first goal, and Benrahma certainly shoulda with the second. Bowen, to his credit, did make a good headed clearance later on.
  • I think Coufal was as much to blame for the first goal, in appealing for offside he delayed getting into a position he could have intercepted the cross from. Especially with VAR there is almost no point in appealing - maybe question after the event.
  • Bowen and Benrahma both ball-watching and allowing a free runner at the back post. Not sure what either think they're doing back there if not tracking that runner, they're not standing near anyone. Bowen at least makes up for it later it with his clearance and general performance. The back post run kills us so often, whether it's the wingers not tracking back or our full backs being beaten there.

Yesterday felt like the longest game I've ever watched. For the first 15, I thought for the first time that we might go down. They seemed to be toying with us, passing it where they wanted and we couldn't catch up with them. Jesus was coming into a DM position at times. It was partly us being terrible and them putting in one of the best performances I've seen this season. The penalty was a lucky break - Rice did brilliantly but Paqueta's touch was awful - and then all their confidence evaporated. The rest of the game we were brilliant, pressing as a team and attacking. Hope we can see more of that. Now I'm sure we won't be relegated.
  • Hamstew said:

Can't wait for Arsenal fan tv

Plenty of language so be warned:

https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=137928

So nice to see that annoying woman with nothing to say when our second went in. Still think the Spurs supporting brothers caps it though.
  • Reading that makes you love this site even more
  • Just need to play like that against Baz's mob and we could do the scousers or anyone else, maybe apart from maybe Citeh

At the moment we dont know if 6+ goals Liverpool will turn up or poor defeat Liverpool! Im worried that theyve turned a corner... Thay said, points against Liverpool, Utd or City will not define our season IMO. Bonus one vs Ars was nice though
  • Bazshuayi said:

Just need to play like that against Baz's mob and we could do the scousers or anyone else, maybe apart from maybe Citeh

At the moment we dont know if 6+ goals Liverpool will turn up or poor defeat Liverpool! Im worried that theyve turned a corner... Thay said, points against Liverpool, Utd or City will not define our season IMO. Bonus one vs Ars was nice though
    Absolutely this. I saw anything against Arsenal, Liverpool, City, United and Brentford as bonus points. Bournemouth, Palace, Leeds and Leicester are where we need to be targeting three points.

We question which Liverpool we'll get, but more importantly is what West Ham will they, and Bournemouth, and City etc. get. We need to make sure they get 2nd half v Arsenal West Ham rather than the West Ham that we've seen during the majority of the season.
  • If we play like we did for the last hour against Arsenal, we have more than enough to trouble everyone we play for the rest of the season.
  • alderz said:

If we play like we did for the last hour against Arsenal, we have more than enough to trouble everyone we play for the rest of the season.

Yeah, just hope that's triggered something in the players to realise how they need to, and can, play.
  • The biggest problem is that we don't seem to realise that the game has actually started until 10 minutes/2 goals after the ref blows his whistle.
    They need to start getting their brains into gear from the off.
  • Tbf I think in the last two games we’ve started very much on the front foot.Gent weathered it and Arsenal scored two quick goals.
  • We started the Newcastle game well too, and could have got an early goal ourselves.

The issue seems to be that if we don't break through we struggle to know what to do next, and seem to stop playing.

I may have completely made this up, but I don't think we've scored in the first 20 minutes of a league game so far this season? I'd love to see this change against Bournemouth and then try to press home the advantage and not just sit back on it.
  • I may have completely made this up, but I don't think we've scored in the first 20 minutes of a league game so far this season? I'd love to see this change against Bournemouth and then try to press home the advantage and not just sit back on it.

We certainly haven't scored in the first 15 minutes (I think we're the only club yet to do so in the PL) of a match this season as it seems to be mentioned every game now, not sure when our earliest goal is.

• edited April 2023

I may have completely made this up, but I don't think we've scored in the first 20 minutes of a league game so far this season? I'd love to see this change against Bournemouth and then try to press home the advantage and not just sit back on it.

We have, just 😂🤣😂. We opened the scoring in the 20th minute at home to Palace although we went on to lose 2-1.
  • Our earliest goal this season was Benrahma after 20 minutes v Palace 6 November

We lost 1-2