NEWCASTLE (H) WED APRIL 6TH 8PM

Seems like i am on a 4 game unbeaten run ,I dont expect all the credit however a bit of love would be nice.Next up pesky Newcastle .Not sure this is a must win ,Perhaps a must not loose However a win and 3 more points would do my heart a lot of good .Oh by the way i dont want to see Antonio and Wilson hugging it out in the middle of the pitch

Comments

• If their performance so far today is anything to go by Newcastle are going to be a real handful.
  • Any points we pick up from this will be a bonus imo, so fingers crossed 🤞🤞🤞.
  • edited April 2023
    Calum Wilson has just spoiled my weekend just by scoring ;)
  • Calum Wilson has just spoiled my weekend just by scoring ;)

Wait until Wednesday!
  • I thought we did ok at their place and a point is most definitely possible and should fortune favour us then a win not out of the question.
  • edited April 2023
    Howe has gone with the same starting XI three games in a row for three wins. Rather amusing that Forest and Wolves managed to score but Man Utd didn't.

Pope
    Trippier Schar Botman Burns
    Longstaff Guimaraes Willock
    Murphy Isak Saint-Maximin

Willock had to go off against Man Utd but in the post-match Howe wasn't sure if it was a hamstring injury or just cramp.

If it is serious then the most likely replacement is Joelinton who picked up a 2-match ban for a 10th yellow card against Man City and came on for Saint-Maximin yesterday after they'd gone a goal up.

On the plus side Howe reckons top scorer Miguel Almiron won't be back for another four weeks

A draw would be nice
  • A win would be better👍
  • We're on a decent run at home, but will need to score at least once for a point or at least twice for a win because, y'know, Calum Wilson.

At this stage of our season the results are much more important than the performances, so another scrappy 1-0 win would be good, but I can't see anything other than a Newcastle win.
  • edited April 2023
    This season Newcastle have lost away to Liverpool, City and Sheffield Wednesday in the FA Cup.

PL away P13 W5 D6 L2
  • Smart money on the 1-1
  • Newcastle have the meanest defence in the league, and have only conceded 19 goals all season. We have one of the poorest attacks. I think the smart money is 0-0 or 0-1, tbh.
  • Newcastle have conceded in the last three away games, Forest, City and Bournemouth, whereas we have scored in the last five home games

Plus we've not lost at home this year

1-1
  • alderz said:

Newcastle have the meanest defence in the league, and have only conceded 19 goals all season. We have one of the poorest attacks. I think the smart money is 0-0 or 0-1, tbh.

But we scored 1 of those 19. 💪
  • I believe we will get a draw, 1-1, Newcastle dont have a good history of success in London and if we can get at them early we may get a point. If only we had a Bonzo to stifle the Wilson threat.....I think our midfield needs to tackle more, we are losing too many 50/50s!
  • By early I assume you mean straight from 8pm rather than the 8.25 to 8.30 we are accustomed to starting to attack.
  • edited April 2023
    Leeds v Forest
    Bournemouth v Brighton
    Leicester v Villa

All on Tuesday. So we could be back to 17th come Wednesday. We will definitely drop to 15th.

Hopefully a draw & two away wins.
  • edited April 2023
    Need 3 points here imo. Home game that we need to be targeting. I think Newcastle will take it though. They missed Guimares big time when we played them and I think he will be the difference maker.
  • I think we are the only team in the league not to score in the first 15 minutes… Just saying ⚒️
  • I think we are the only team in the league not to score in the first 15 minutes… Just saying ⚒️

This is the sort of stat where if it was a different team they would definitely break that against us. Why can’t we play us?!

• I can't see anything other than a Newcastle win.

There’s a shock😳😉
  • edited April 2023
    I think the best way to go about this is to try & take the game to them.

Fabianski
    Kehrer - Zouma - Aguerd - Emerson
    Paqueta - Rice
    Bowen - Benrahma - Cornet
    Ings

Areola, Ogbonna, Coufal, Cresswell, Downes, Soucek, Fornals, Lanzini, Antonio
  • I'm not sure about Ings starting. Thought he was the worst player on Sunday. Poor movement when it went out to the wingers and whenever he was played in, he took too many touches/made bad decisions. I think Antonio's more of a threat than him right now.
  • Lukerz said:

I think the best way to go about this is to try & take the game to them.

Fabianski
    Kehrer - Zouma - Aguerd - Emerson
    Paqueta - Rice
    Bowen - Benrahma - Cornet
    Ings

Areola, Ogbonna, Coufal, Cresswell, Downes, Soucek, Fornals, Lanzini, Antonio

I like the front 6 of this team, although more for taking the game to some of the weaker teams we've got to play.
  • edited April 2023
    I just think it’s quite an open side but our goalscoring is so poor & has been all season it’s worth mixing it up a bit. Benrahma could sit on Bruno to try & keep him deeper.

I don’t mind Antonio starting but we’d need one of his ‘unplayable’ games & that’s always a gamble if that version of him will turn up.
  • Lukerz said:

I just think it’s quite an open side but our goalscoring is so poor & has been all season it’s worth mixing it up a bit. Benrahma could sit on Bruno to try & keep him deeper.

I don’t mind Antonio starting but we’d need one of his ‘unplayable’ games & that’s always a gamble if that version of him will turn up.

Or just 'sit on him'
  • Lukerz said:

I know what you mean but I think he's also a bit more of a presence in general, even if he's not playing well. Ings really was anonymous imo. I thought he looked hungrier when he was coming on as a sub.
  • Any news on zouma he seemed to be on the ground at the end .guess that's nothing new for him
  • Thought he’d done his knee for the 8th time this season
  • alderz said:

I think we are the only team in the league not to score in the first 15 minutes… Just saying ⚒️

This is the sort of stat where if it was a different team they would definitely break that against us. Why can’t we play us?!
    We'd still lose. ;)
  • If we play the same formation as yesterday with a lone striker we're not going to get anything.