NEWCASTLE (H) WED APRIL 6TH 8PM

1234568»

Comments

• I thought Paqueta did ok, he seems to be getting more used to the pace of the prem and certainly puts in a shift. Reckon there's a class player in there somewhere once he gets a bit more confidence and understanding with the players round him. I know we lost heavily but that was a whole season's worth of howlers in one game. How different might it have been if the ball had gone in off the post after 40 seconds.
  • How different might it have been if the ball had gone in off the post after 40 seconds.

Or Antonio hat got the penalty he should have had.
    It certainly feels to me like 1-5 doesn't reflect the game. Sure, we weren't as good as we know we can be but 1-3 sounds more like it.
  • How different might it have been if the ball had gone in off the post after 40 seconds.

This did get me thinking, as it feels like we hit the woodwork a lot, obviously you can argue that's down to poor finishing, but with a fraction more luck who knows?

Not sure that effort would be included in these stats (PL site), as technically it came of a Newcastle player, but currently only 5 teams have hit the woodwork more than us this season, Newcastle, Villa, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs. 2 seasons ago we were 2nd in those stats, only 1 behind the "winner".
  • I think Paqueta has been better at getting stuck in but is still quite wasteful with his passing and doesn’t offer much. It’s nice to see some improvement but he’s been given far more chances than Fornals and Benrahma have when they’ve put in the performances he’s had. I’m baffled that Fornals couldn’t get on against Newcastle.