Home to yucky old Zaha FC

edited November 2022 in Match Threads
We must destroy them!!!
I WANT TO SEE THEM CRY!!!
I want to call them CRYstal Palace!!!
Loss!

Comments

• I don’t mind Palace
  • Presumably, as Areola played last night, Fab is fit for this one. And taking into account Moyes' post-match comments about Aguerd, we'll probably revert to the usual:

Fab
    Johnson Zouma Kehrer Cresswell
    Rice Downes Soucek
    Bowen Scamacca Benrahma

I'd rather see Downes alongside Rice and, depending on fitness, either Paqueta or Fornals in the No10 role. This and the Leicester game are important if we want to challenge for the top 7 again, so I'd like to see a more attacking set up and, of course, better finishing.

Palace have a lot of pace in their team, which we don't, so I'm worried they could cause us a lot of problems. I'm thinking score draw right now.
  • edited November 2022
    alderz said:

I don’t mind Palace

Get out!
    SECURITY!!!! Remove him from my thread.
  • Yes stop clowning around 🤡
  • edited November 2022
    Fabianski
    Kehrer - Dawson - Zouma - Cresswell
    Soucek - Rice
    Bowen - Fornals - Benrahma
    Scamacca

I’d personally play Downes over Soucek but it’s unlikely.
  • I must have missed any news about Paqueta and Aguerd. Can anyone tell me what their injury status is please.
  • edited November 2022
    Moyes says Aguerd is fit and ready but won’t play PL before World Cup. Paqueta we don’t know about yet. Was touch and go for last Sunday but has trained this week.
  • Am i right in thinking all the 3rd place teams in the europa drop down th the conferance in which case not much to worry about ,Lazio perhaps .
  • Presumably, as Areola played last night, Fab is fit for this one. And taking into account Moyes' post-match comments about Aguerd, we'll probably revert to the usual:

Fab
    Rice Downes Soucek
    Bowen Scamacca Benrahma

I'd rather see Downes alongside Rice and, depending on fitness, either Paqueta or Fornals in the No10 role. This and the Leicester game are important if we want to challenge for the top 7 again, so I'd like to see a more attacking set up and, of course, better finishing.

Palace have a lot of pace in their team, which we don't, so I'm worried they could cause us a lot of problems. I'm thinking score draw right now.

Think Dawson is available? Doubt he’ll be dropped for Johnson as we defended quite well at Man Utd.
  • Lukerz said:

Presumably, as Areola played last night, Fab is fit for this one. And taking into account Moyes' post-match comments about Aguerd, we'll probably revert to the usual:

Fab
    Rice Downes Soucek
    Bowen Scamacca Benrahma

Think Dawson is available? Doubt he’ll be dropped for Johnson as we defended quite well at Man Utd.
    Yep, forgot Dawson played the other day. Thought it odd that Moyes played Coufal and Johnson yesterday; makes sense now if Kehrer's playing RB on Sunday 👍
  • Presser from Moyes:

"Lucas Paquetá has been training so he’s probably ready to be included in the squad. Whether he’s ready to play we don’t know, but he should be available."
  • edited November 2022
    Thanks for the updates. Must admit I’m puzzled by the Aguerd situation. If he’s our player and he’s fit and ready why wouldn’t he be available to play for us before the World Cup.
  • Because he has been out all season, just coming back and getting some match fitness but Moyes not certain he is up to a PL game just yet.
  • edited November 2022
    He’ll play v Blackburn & maybe get a bench place v Leicester but we’ve spent a lot of money on him to rush him back just before a 6 week break. We have Dawson, Kehrer, Zouma & Ogbonna.
  • Lukerz said:

Fabianski
    Kehrer - Dawson - Zouma - Cresswell
    Soucek - Rice
    Bowen - Fornals - Benrahma
    Scamacca

I’d personally play Downes over Soucek but it’s unlikely.

So I‘d change Fornals for Paqueta.
  • steve said:

Am i right in thinking all the 3rd place teams in the europa drop down to the conference in which case not much to worry about ,Lazio perhaps .

Lazio and Braga are the highest rated by EuroClubIndex, and we are rated (slightly) higher than any of them! They have us second favourites for the tournament, behind Villarreal.
  • Thanks for the updates. Must admit I’m puzzled by the Aguerd situation. If he’s our player and he’s fit and ready why wouldn’t he be available to play for us before the World Cup.

I think being fit for an easy group game in the Europa Conference against weak opposition is very different to being fit for a PL game.
  • These games Aguerd has played have been pretty easy for him and a PL game won't be, so when we have Zouma, Dawson, Kehrer and Ogbonna all fit, there's no real rush on Aguerd. Maybe it's even just being nice and thinking that, as we don't desperately need him right now, we might as well not risk him getting injured before the World Cup. If he comes through that ok, he'll be fully fit for us in December.
  • Hamstew said:

We must destroy them!!!
    I WANT TO SEE THEM CRY!!!
    I want to call them CRYstal Palace!!!
    Loss!

For goodness sake, just say what’s you’re thinking Ham!

Re Aguerd, I think Moyes may be being clever here. The more Aguerd plays, and we demonstrate he is up-to-speed, the more likely he is to go the World Cup and break down again.

Overly cynical?
  • He'll be going to the World Cup, it's not West Ham's call.
  • He'll be going to the World Cup, it's not West Ham's call.
    I know it’s not West Ham’s call, and I think he’ll go, but Morocco have new coach who he’s never played for…….. so who knows!
  • Apparently today is #InternationalClownDay 🤡
    This game so should have been today.
  • Why no Clown collection?
  • A win tomorrow would take us way up the table
  • Right back is the main area of our team that worries me. We have a lot of options there but none of them are exceptional. All great players to have in the squad but none are stand out players or look particularly confident on the ball (both going forwards and, to a slightly lesser extent, defending).
  • I agree Kherer probably has the most ability as a footballer but the least disciplined and so most likely to provide an opening for the opposition, Coufal maybe the most disciplined but very limited going forward, is a premiership defender in his own half but a pub player when it comes to delivering his final ball, whilst Johnson is a mixture of both regard good and bad qualities, good on the ball but poor going forward, good defender but prone to the odd error also. Cresswell is more complete on the other side but some of his deliveries, although provided with more intent than any on the right have lacked what they had a season or so ago.
  • edited November 2022
    I don't think we have to worry too much about Palace attacking, they've not scored in the last three away matches, drawing 0-0 with Newcastle and Leicester then losing 3-0 to Everton. They only managed 8 shots against Leicester, 9 against Everton, they've only scored three in five away games and one of those was an own goal by John Stones.

Vieira doesn't shuffle the pack much with nine players starting the last four matches. At his press conference he singled out recent performances by Luka Milivojevic and Jordan Ayew so maybe a hint they will start today

Cheick Doucoure has missed the last two games which allowed Milivojevic to feature while Odsonne Edouard went off after scoring the winner against Saints last weekend.

Both face late fitness tests but if neither of them is fit enough to start best guess is...

Guaita
    Ward Andersen Guehi Mitchell
    Milojelevic Schlupp
    Olise Ayew Eze
    Zaha

The bookies like 1-0 or 1-1 at 6/1, 2-0 or 2-1 at 9/1, 0-0 at 10/1 and 0-1 at 11/1

I got back from West Virginia yesterday morning after a week of sunny skies and temperatures around 23-26°C so I deserve a bit of cheering up on my return to damp, dreary London. A 3-0 thrashing would be nice

Plus I really, really hate Zaha
  • We seem to struggle beating them at home.
  • Each week I feel we are due to ‘thrash’ somebody but we never do.