Home to yucky old Zaha FC

Comments

• Think we’ve beat them at home twice since 2012?
  • Lukerz, today is the day
  • Lukerz said:

Each week I feel we are due to ‘thrash’ somebody but we never do.

Today would be a nice time to do that
    COYI ⚒️⚒️⚒️
  • Sky provisional squad shows no Fabianski
  • edited November 2022
    We've won three in a row at home in the league, scored 8 and conceded one so we might not be "thrashing" teams but we're winning which is what matters

The last time we beat Palace at home was 3-2 December 2018, we lost 1-2 in 2019, drew 1-1 2020 and 2-2 2021. We've not kept a clean sheet at home to Palace since 2017 so that would make a nice change!

Paul Tierney has reffed five games at the London Stadium since 2019; three wins (Wolves, Spurs, Norwich), a draw against Villa in April and a loss to Everton back in 2019
  • Aguerd & Paqueta both posting ‘match day’ on their social media accounts
  • I wouldn't go as far as to call them a bogey team, but they're certainly a team we've "under-resulted" (as opposed to necessarily under-performed) against recently.

Would be nice to have a comfortable, convincing win today, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • If Fab is out I think we'll see:

Areola
    Kehrer Dawson Zouma Cresswell
    Soucek Rice
    Bowen Paqueta Benrahma
    Scamacca

3-0, lovely jubbly.
  • Hardly a bogey team.
    Since they come up it's been W7, D6, L5 overall with W2, D4, L3 at home.
  • IronHerb said:

Hardly a bogey team.

That record seems like bogey team to me, they've got more wins at ours than we do

Clearly the fact we have both been counter attacking teams has meant we both win more away than at home...but to have a losing record at home against a team who usually finish below us isn't great
  • I think Pablo’s performance in midweek will see him start so if Paqueta does come back in, expect Benrahma to miss out. I’d be pleasantly surprised to see Bowen - Paqueta - Benrahma in the side.
  • edited November 2022

IronHerb said:

Hardly a bogey team.

That record seems like bogey team to me, they've got more wins at ours than we do

Clearly the fact we have both been counter attacking teams has meant we both win more away than at home...but to have a losing record at home against a team who usually finish below us isn't great
    Yeah, on average they've finished 2 places below us (18 places in total) over those 9 seasons, so you'd hope to have better results at home to them than we've managed.
  • Think we’d all like to see this trialed at some point:

Areola
    Kehrer - Zouma - Aguerd - Cresswell
    Downes - Rice
    Bowen - Paqueta - Benrahma
    Scamacca
  • Nervous! Tell me it's going to be ok.
  • Lukerz said:

I think Pablo’s performance in midweek will see him start so if Paqueta does come back in, expect Benrahma to miss out. I’d be pleasantly surprised to see Bowen - Paqueta - Benrahma in the side.

Whilst I agree Fornals has generally been favoured over Benrahma by Moyes, I'm not sure a midweek performance against a weak side should be enough to "win" the shirt back off of Benrahma after the latter's last couple of PL performances.
  • Hamstew said:

Nervous! Tell me it's going to be ok.

Have some of this to calm the nerves..

• Fabianski, Paqueta and Aguerd all have shirts hanging up in the changing room in the clubs Instagram story.
  • edited November 2022
    Fabiański, Kehrer, Dawson, Zouma, Cresswell, Souček, Rice (c), Lucas Paquetá, Benrahma, Bowen, Scamacca
    Subs: Areola, Coufal, Aguerd, Ogbonna, Lanzini, Downes, Antonio, Fornals, Emerson

As I called it for the outfield 10, and I did say Areola if Fab was out, so I'll take that as getting it right 😂🤣😂

Harsh on Johnson not even making the bench, does show how our squad depth has improved, and we've still Cornet to come back in.
  • That’s a pretty decent squad of 20. Need 3 points today.
  • That's our best team apart from aguerd
  • Like the line up, would've prefered Downes over Soucek but Soucek isn't evergetting dropped

Strong team and strong bench
  • Guaita
    Clyne Andersen Guehi Mitchell
    Dacoure Schlupp
    Olise Ayew Eze
    Zaha

Clyne in for Ward
    Dacre in for Milojelevic
    Edouard not on the bench
    Totally beatable
  • Will you stop, please.
  • This could be the game we score a hat full
  • We’ll hit the post and go close 20 times, but it will be 1 - 1.
  • steve said:

This could be the game we score a hat full

This big?

• That front four if theirs looks good though right?

Eze, Zaha and Olise are all good players, Ayew is also ok
  • Issue with this team is it has no central progressing passing. Great having Paqueta in there but relying on Zouma, Dawson & Soucek to find him between lines is going to be very difficult. All needs to come through Rice.