Home to yucky old Zaha FC

15678911»

Comments

• For a CM who's supposed to be the heartbeat of the team and the core of it, Soucek passing is so limited its painful......

Downes needs a run in the team, and even then he is a player who's still trying to adjust from the championship...hard to expect too much from him

Do wonder when or if its the time to trial Fornals at CM, a lot of fans think he's got the skillset for it but Moyes obviously disagrees which I find off given he has trialed Lanzini there who is physically much weaker than Fornals
  • I think this says it all.

West Ham players' average positions:

Palace players' average positions:

• Odd that Downes is included over either Scamacca or Antonio, skews things a little.
  • Yeah, I noticed that when I saw that the other day. For reference, this is what SofaScore have:

• Look at our LW 🤦 And how bunched our players were. Little wonder our final third threat was so minimal.
  • Look at our LW 🤦

Because there's an emphasis on helping Cresswell?

• So is it an idea to just get a better LB?
  • Not (completely 😂🤣😂) digging out Antonio for their winner, but 5 of our players had raced to join him in their box for his cross, so hardly surprising we were a little stretched elsewhere.

Also, perhaps naive defending by Cresswell to let Olise come inside when he must have been aware that was what he wanted to do? 🤔

The first goal was just so poor, initially with Dawson's very unsympathetic pass, secondly Kehrer's poor control, and thirdly Dawson again giving Zaha space to get in behind him unchallenged by initially facing off Eze who Soucek was coming across to intercept.

All in all both goals completely avoidable imo.
  • So is it an idea to just get a better LB?

It's a bit left field and completely out of the blue, but might be worth considering 🤔🤔🤔😂🤣😂.

Cresswell has just signed an extension though, which wouldn't be so bad if Emerson had displaced him in the team, but it's going to be so disappointing it we have another season and a half with Cresswell starting at LB (for me anyway). I know defensively he's not been as bad as he was at the end of last season, but that may well be because he seems to offer less and less going forward.
  • Those 2 graphics are quite different... Which one is right?

Is any one of them right?
  • edited November 2022
    MrsGrey said:

Those 2 graphics are quite different... Which one is right?

I think for us they're very similar tbh, although obviously the second one has Scamacca instead of Downes.
  • There would have been an element of countering Palace’s threat on the break, with that deeper positional play.
  • MrsGrey said:

Those 2 graphics are quite different... Which one is right?

My understanding of positional maps is that they are based on where the players has “actions”. So, passing, dribbling, shooting, tackling, intercepting, foiling, etc.

Sometimes sources collect different
  • buffy, There have been a few comments since our last European game that the money spent on Emerson has been wasted as Scarles should be in the team in the near future but that is only if we play three Centre Halfs.
  • buffy, There have been a few comments since our last European game that the money spent on Emerson has been wasted as Scarles should be in the team in the near future but that is only if we play three Centre Halfs.

I’m not sure about that. I’m not convinced Emerson is the long term future, but he’s definitely a sellable asset if Scarles did step in. But Scarles isn’t even 17 yet. By the time he’s ready Emerson will be in his 30s and Cresswell will be retired.
  • Emerson’s done pretty well in his cameos so far
  • buffy, There have been a few comments

Who's making these comments?
  • See we have one of the worst shot conversion rates in the league, yet Antonio isn’t it the 11.
  • alderz said:

buffy, There have been a few comments since our last European game that the money spent on Emerson has been wasted as Scarles should be in the team in the near future but that is only if we play three Centre Halfs.

I’m not sure about that. I’m not convinced Emerson is the long term future, but he’s definitely a sellable asset if Scarles did step in. But Scarles isn’t even 17 yet. By the time he’s ready Emerson will be in his 30s and Cresswell will be retired.
    Don't be silly, Scarles will retire before Moyes stops picking Cresswell 😂🤣😂
  • Is Scarles actually a left back? I thought I saw someone mention he was a midfielder
  • Outcast, Yes he is, that is why I mentioned the need to play 3 CB’s.
    MrsG, Benrahma! 😉😃
  • Is Scarles actually a left back? I thought I saw someone mention he was a midfielder

The OS has him listed as a midfielder. I'm assuming a left-sided one, who can play centrally and out wide.