Home to yucky old Zaha FC

Comments

• Moyes has to go, this calendar year our Prem performances haven't been good enough and he's been given the money

Hes took us as far as he can and he's shown the ability to turn our fortunes around

Been great for us but cycles end and his cycle has ended
  • How big is the Leicester game for moyes
  • Yeah all managers leave as do players in order to freshen things up. I think we need a change if I'm honest.
  • Moyes doesn't need to go. We won't get any better (IMO).

But he needs to sort this quickly. Performances just aren't good enough and, if history has taught us, when given good players a level up, he struggles.
  • If he goes who do we get
  • Leicester game might be a make or break game really for the manager, the team, the owners.
  • For the first time I really think that Moyes' position could be under threat. So much money spent for so little return is going to be trying the owners patience before long.
    The football we're playing at the moment is dire, and something needs to change.
  • edited November 2022
    IMO Moyes is fortunate he's got the WC to avoid what has been a very underwhleming start to this season on top of a very poor end to last.

I was never a fan of Moyes and thought he was a joke of an appointment when he was brought in, BUT he proved me well wrong...sadly though results are what matters and at present he's not getting them.
    Have we improved with the generous budget he's been given or has his tactics been found out.....

For me, it's going to be touch and go if we stay up if he remains...some may laugh at this statement, I don't doubt, but this IMO has been coming from around game 25-30 last season, not just this season, the writing has been on the wall and performances can't lie......

I again, hope he can turn this around and prove me wrong, sadly this time we stand 2 points from the bottom 3 and are looking doiwn the league rather than up....
    It's over to you boss Moyes to earn your dosh....
    Personally, NOT CONVINCED THIS TIME......
  • @Lukerz, Depends who you try to bring into replace him? Villa got Emery & Wolves have Lopetegui coming in.
  • Poch......Running quickly.....
  • Don't enjoy watching us ,so something needs to change ,,.......and when I am not happy things have to change =)
  • Poch running fast the other way =)
  • I don’t think you forget the last (nearly) 3 years after a couple of underwhelming months.

And I don’t include last season, our focus clearly shifted to Europe after March so not fair to judge that form.
  • Well, I'm glad I didn't sit through that.

Some questions of those that did though:

Why was Scamacca subbed? (shades of Haller?). Why was Benrahma subbed? Did we look as negative as we have done in recent games?

An in-form Leicester up next; good luck Moyes. I think he's taken us as far as he can now, to be honest. And it isn't based on this one result. He seemed to excel when we were the underdogs, but now there's a level of expectation, I don't think he's doing enough. We have a very good squad on paper; it's his job to get the most out of them and I think it's fairly evident that he isn't. We've been poor all season and for most of the second half of last season, too. This is no longer a blip; it's becoming the norm.

I do think the ECL results have papered over some cracks, because let's be honest, the standard of opposition has been poor. I'm not expecting the board to do anything this side of the World Cup, but Moyes will certainly be under pressure when the season resumes, irrespective of how we do against Leicester.
  • Thing is does anybody seriously think that he tells the team to stroll around for the first 45 minutes and let the opposition dominate proceedings.
    As for the money spent that is a complete red herring. Aguerd hasn’t kicked a ball in earnest since pre season. Kehrer went straight in. Scamacca keeps getting taken off for Antonio. Pacqueta who is real quality has been injured as has Cornet.
    I expect Leicester, if they play like they did yesterday and we play like we did today, will win fairly comfortably.
    Hopefully starting again after the World Cup will give us some impetus especially as it’s likely we will only have Aguerd, Rice, Kehrer and Pacqueta there playing. Areola will be a sub.
    After today though it will be interesting to hear what claptrap Moyes and the squad come out with. They should be honest and say they were diabolical.
  • @Lukerz, The Leicester fans were calling for Rodgers to go a few weeks ago and they have been closing to Champions League football than we have in that time. I know they have picked up recently but were actually playing well but weren't getting the results. We just haven't been that good for several matches.
  • Lukerz said:

I don’t think you forget the last (nearly) 3 years after a couple of underwhelming months.

And I don’t include last season, our focus clearly shifted to Europe after March so not fair to judge that form.

IMO it is completely fair to judge that. If you prioritise a competition and then ultimately fail to deliver, then you carry the cab for that as the manager.

As has already been said, I personally get very little pleasure watching us play. If we’re going to lose games and be a bad watch, then what’s the point?
  • I wouldnt mind Poch and wont be running. I'd still like Brenden whatever Leicesters current results are, it seems like they've lost their money. We have Kretinskys and I'd be cool with us trying to buy him

All that said, I do believe that there are plenty of forward thinking younger managers out there. I am not qualified to pick them out but I would imagine the club could employ someone in recruitment with this in mind
  • alderz said:

Lukerz said:

I don’t think you forget the last (nearly) 3 years after a couple of underwhelming months.

IMO it is completely fair to judge that. If you prioritise a competition and then ultimately fail to deliver, then you carry the cab for that as the manager.

As has already been said, I personally get very little pleasure watching us play. If we’re going to lose games and be a bad watch, then what’s the point?
    Exactly why I didn't watch today. Realised there was no point. We're no fun to watch, and haven't been for a while now. Honestly can't remember the last time we played well in the league (apart from a coupe of ten minute spells when we're behind).
  • edited November 2022
    In all fairness, in general Moyes said what it was in his press conference..
    Sadly does not change results or performances.....
    Oh well, a well gutting end to a weekend.
  • I’m still worried about what Paqueta offers and that he’s getting minutes whatever he delivers. Fornals, Benrahma and Lanzini get far more criticism for the performances he’s put in since coming.
  • Were most people happy with the team selection? Yup.
    Then how is it the manager’s fault if most of them looked like they’d never played together?
    It wasn’t tactics, it wasn’t formation and it wasn’t personnel,they were collectively awful.
  • I don’t think we’ll go down with Moyes in charge, for the record. But I don’t think we’ll be close to the European places either. I do think he can turn it around, but he does need to try something different soon. Changing manager is always a risk, but it is slowly looking more appealing.
  • edited November 2022
    As previously said, and similar to OldCastle above, I've lived through many seasons of watching us not get good results but have put up with it because the entertainment factor has been there. I dont expect it all the time nor do I expect us to win all the time by any stretch. A certain level of performance and being attractive to watch is something I certainly desire. We do have quite a few very good players....
  • The fact we’d not won 7 consecutive home games for 25 years, and we won’t be alone in that, suggests that every run is going to come to an end at some point. Trouble today was, and I always felt we weren’t going to win because we rarely beat them at home, was that we were so awful in everything we did.
  • Our worst performance of the season so far.
    Really glad I didn't go to the trouble and expense of being there. :(
  • One of the frustrating things from my point of view was that for both goals we conceded so quickly after losing possession, extremely poor, both goals were completely avoidable imo.
  • Slacker said:

Were most people happy with the team selection? Yup.
    Then how is it the manager’s fault if most of them looked like they’d never played together?
    It wasn’t tactics, it wasn’t formation and it wasn’t personnel,they were collectively awful.

I kind of agree and I don’t think he should go unless we’re at threat of relegation but also it is ultimately the manager’s responsibility if they don’t perform collectively. Whose else is it? He did massively well and got credit for how well they worked as a unit after the lockdown so he will also get criticism for not getting them to work as a unit now.

Maybe he needs to make some brave decisions around players like Bowen and Soucek who are underperforming a bit. Just to let them know there’s competition. I thought Downes was far more active at helping us win the ball back then Soucek was.
  • Watching them this year, Europe apart, they've turned me off watching them. In fact I'm not sure I'm going to even bother watching the World Cup. I think I've had enough of football.
  • We are so boring to watch, no pace, no creativity, no energy, no passion, no gameplan

It's the same formation and style week in week out and Moyes subs are like for like

Mix it up, play Antonio and Scamacca

Be brave, take off Bowen not Benrahma who atm is the only attacker who looks like he knows he's a winger

Moyes is tactically so inflexible