Silke Smooth Irons away to Man Utd

edited October 2022 in Match Threads
Back to a SunDeGea game but I feel like I am just holding this place for Steve. It's nice to win the Conference group and also a little fortunate to be 10th in the league.

We never seem to do well or get a break against Man United however well or poorly they play. I'm going to take a wild guess that Moyes is cautious with his formation and tactics. I know, I just feel a bit psychic sometimes...

So predicted line up will most likely be this:

Fab Areola Coufal Kehrer Dawson Zouma Johnson Ogbonna Cresswell Emerson Ashby

Injury news:
Raphael is out injured but none of the other Ninja Turtles report any new knocks. Several teams are to 'court' Martial and he too is likely to be still out for a bit 'Elanga'. Also, in a reserve game it was reported Lindelof went off with a nasty Rash-ford or even a case of Malacria!

As for West Ham, Cornet seems a bit flakey.
However, it was Aguerd debut for someone else and hopefully his quality will be witnessed again very soon.
Paqueta went Downes with a shoulder injury but he's feeling much better...

Verdict: Its a Shaw thing

Comments

• Your line up is ridiculous. Soucek will obviously start.

Well done for getting the best ninja turtle mentioned in your post though.
    I'm a secret TMNT fanatic.
  • Baz I don’t think we are allowed to play two keepers
  • Bazshuayi said:

Fab Areola Coufal Kehrer Dawson Zouma Johnson Ogbonna Cresswell Emerson Ashby

Maybe not quite that cautious 🤔🤔🤔
  • I never said that both the keepers would play in goal...
  • Baz you can have the match thread for for at lest until the world cup .I need the rest =)
  • Obviously a lot depends on the fitness of a couple of players, but I think best case we'll see:

Fab
    Kehrer Dawson Zouma Cresswell
    Rice Paqueta Soucek
    Bowen Scamacca Benrahma

The fact Downes didn't start last night makes me think he'll start ahead of Paqueta, and it'll be Johnson at RB and Kehrer CB if Dawson isn't ready.

My biggest concern is how isolated Scamacca will be. Can't help but think this will be another typical Moyes away day at the big six.
  • Fabianski
    Johnson - Zouma - Kehrer - Cresswell
    Soucek - Downes - Rice
    Bowen - Scamacca - Benrahma

Is what I expect but it could easily be Emerson for Benrahma. With Paqueta, Cornet & Dawson not likely to be fit to start (even if available), that is pretty much the only side we can select.

Man Utd 1-0 West Ham
  • Just seen Moyes says Bowen has an ankle injury & is a doubt for Sunday.
  • If Bowen is injured too he is probably going a back 5 again with wingbacks.
  • If Bowen is injured too he is probably going a back 5 again with wingbacks.

For five at the back you need three fit CBs; do we have that? Might be:

Fab
    Kehrer Zouma Cresswell
    Johnson Rice Downes Soucek Emerson
    Benrahma
    Scamacca
  • Fabianski; Johnson Kehrer Zouma Cresswell; Soucek Rice Downes; Benrahma Fornals; Scamacca

I don’t see Moyes changing much given we won’t two nil last time out. Fornals in for Bowen is a pretty easy swap for Moyes to make, IMO.
  • alderz said:

Fabianski; Johnson Kehrer Zouma Cresswell; Soucek Rice Downes; Benrahma Fornals; Scamacca

I don’t see Moyes changing much given we won’t two nil last time out. Fornals in for Bowen is a pretty easy swap for Moyes to make, IMO.

One player with pace in that line up. Considering we're likely to set up to defend hard and try to catch them on the break, I just can't see how that happens with that eleven.

I'd almost be tempted to play Antonio wide right. At least he'd bring some pace and power (and chaos) to the game; Fornals is offering very little at the moment.
  • I’d like to see Antonio in for Bowen, I just think Fornals is more likely to come in for him.
  • Think there is a distinct lack of "pace and power" being shown by Antonio

Hes clearly lost a yard of pace over the years but he seems to have lost another, and while he's always been good at winning fouls under heavy challenges he seems to be buying them now and he's going down FARR too easily

Maybe he hasn't had enough game time to get up to speed....or maybe he's a 32 year old with a history of muscle injuries and a game reliant on pace and he's slipped

Think Moyes will look what he usually does and set up very negatively and as mentioned without much pace going forward it's going to be hard to get anything out of United at OT
  • What’s interesting is that Antonio we always felt needed a striker to ease the burden on him but I also think he’s a player who benefits from regular games & finding a rhythm. I don’t think him being a substitute with the odd start actually helps him find any form, so not sure what we’ll be able to do with him longer term.
  • edited October 2022
    Fabianski
    Kehrer - Zouma - Cresswell
    Johnson - Soucek - Rice - Emerson
    Benrahma
    Scamacca - Antonio

Could be interesting if no Bowen.
  • Think there is a distinct lack of "pace and power" being shown by Antonio

Hes clearly lost a yard of pace over the years but he seems to have lost another, and while he's always been good at winning fouls under heavy challenges he seems to be buying them now and he's going down FARR too easily

Maybe he hasn't had enough game time to get up to speed....or maybe he's a 32 year old with a history of muscle injuries and a game reliant on pace and he's slipped

Think Moyes will look what he usually does and set up very negatively and as mentioned without much pace going forward it's going to be hard to get anything out of United at OT

I think Antonio might not have completely lost that pace, he's just been preserving it because those bursts were putting a lot of strain on him. He's still faster than lot of what we have and I think he does make some difference when he comes on.

Wonder if he has lost some of his strength though. I was shocked when I saw one of the Bournemouth defenders easily barge him on Monday, he went flying like one of his own victims.
  • Antonio was pretty woeful last night. He seems to have the hump.
  • Move him back to wing back 👍🏻
  • Paqueta definitely out for Sunday, Bowen has a chance of making it according to Moyes' presser.
  • Really hope it's Benrahma in the 10 then or even Fornals, despite his form, but not Downes. Can't keep isolating Scamacca.
  • Do we expect Aguerd to not be involved or may he be on the bench after yesterday? I know Moyes said he wouldn’t be available for this but surely he needs some league minutes if Morocco expect him to play at WC?
  • Bench job I reckon
    He would trust him more than one of the ‘kids’
  • Obviously it will depend how he comes through last night's game, but yeah, you'd hope he'd be OK for the bench.
  • Not involved imo.
  • A win tomorrow and we'd go above the Pool
  • We have a chance to go 9th tomorrow.
  • 3 points off top 6 with a win!!!
  • Let’s all hope DM sees this possibility & sends the team out to play to win. 🤞
  • Lukerz said:

3 points off top 6 with a win!!!

3 points off a relegation battle if we lose 😆