Silke Smooth Irons away to Man Utd

Comments

• 16:15 kick off.. interesting.. interesting 🤔
  • Let's hope DM can learn something from Brighton's approach and Leeds result at Anfield and play the first half as we play the second half in recent games. This cautious approach has not really worked.
  • Bowen not in squad
  • I think side will be

Fabianski
    Johnson - Zouma - Kehrer - Cresswell
    Benrahma - Soucek - Downes - Rice - Emerson
    Scamacca
  • edited October 2022
    Lukerz said:

I think side will be

Fabianski
    Johnson - Zouma - Kehrer - Cresswell
    Benrahma - Soucek - Downes - Rice - Emerson
    Scamacca

I don't think we'll play a back 4 with Kehrer as a CB against Man Utd. If Dawson's fit I can possibly see a back 4, but if not I think we'll see 3 at the back with Johnson and Emerson as WBs.
  • Cant see Dawson starting .But do hope Bowen does
  • edited October 2022
    he will go 5 at the back im sure just because of the amount of attackers we have out. Unless he puts Lanzini in or Antonio
  • On my feed they just did a nice little bit with James Collins and rob green about our great escape with Carlos tevas goal at man u .look like Collins could still do a job for us
  • And now its back to all about man u .
  • Let's hope DM can learn something from Brighton's approach and Leeds result at Anfield and play the first half as we play the second half in recent games. This cautious approach has not really worked.

I'll see your Leeds at Anfield this season, and raise you Leeds at Anfield last sesaon. 9-0.

In fact, they were pretty much thoroughly thrashed by all the top 6(ish) clubs.

And so far this season they've won 3 games.

The Anfield result this season is, imo, an outlier rather than an exemplar.

• steve said:

And now its back to all about man u .

Some weeks it's all about them & they aren't even involved in the televised match.
  • MrsGrey said:

Let's hope DM can learn something from Brighton's approach and Leeds result at Anfield and play the first half as we play the second half in recent games. This cautious approach has not really worked.

I'll see your Leeds at Anfield this season, and raise you Leeds at Anfield last sesaon. 9-0.

In fact, they were pretty much thoroughly thrashed by all the top 6(ish) clubs.

And so far this season they've won 3 games.

The Anfield result this season is, imo, an outlier rather than an exemplar.

Thank you MrsGrey for again putting me in my place.
  • Hardly. Merely offering an alternative opinion with a reason why.
  • Ravel49 said:

16:15 kick off.. interesting.. interesting 🤔

Is that because you put the clocks back last night?
  • I just find it odd that’s it’s not 16:30 like it usually is 🤷🏻‍♂️

Not that it matters 😂
  • edited October 2022
    It was originally at 4.30 apparently but changed due some agreement between clubs and broadcaster. Couldn't find out why.

( Tbh, didn't look that hard.)
  • MrsGrey said:

It was originally at 4.30 apparently but changed due some agreement between clubs and broadcaster. Couldn't find out why.

( Tbh, didn't look that hard.)

Probably so they've got an extra 15 minutes to talk about Man Utd after the match.
  • Let's hope that backfires!
  • edited October 2022
    Fabiański, Kehrer, Dawson, Zouma, Cresswell, Rice ©, Souček, Bowen, Downes, Benrahma, Scamacca
    Subs: Areola (GK), Johnson, Coufal, Fornals, Antonio, Lanzini, Ogbonna, Coventry, Emerson

So, Dawson and Bowen both start, guessing more of a 4-3-3 rather than Downes as a genuine 10.
  • Lukerz said:

Bowen not in squad

Cross that twitterer off your Christmas card list!
  • Positive he hasn’t gone to a back 3/5. Downes is given another start although not sure about him as an advanced midfielder!
  • Not a lot on United’s bench
  • Lukerz said:

Not a lot on United’s bench

I agree, but that is a very attacking starting line-up.
  • very happy with that line up, lets hope they play to their potential. Come on you Irons
  • edited October 2022
    So it’s either Bournemouth

Soucek - Rice
    Bowen - Downes - Benrahma
    Scamacca

Or Liverpool

Downes - Soucek - Rice - Benrahma
    Bowen - Scamacca
  • edited October 2022
    I heard a good reason why Downes was possibly playing further forward, almost a 10 in recent games. It’s so that we have a better chance of winning the ball high up the pitch and then can keep possession of it there once we get it. Makes sense.
  • Just heard a stat on NBC …… Moyes hasn’t ever won an away league game against Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool or Man United in 69 attempts. Fingers crossed that the 70th time is a charm.
  • Very open start to the game, can't see this finishing 0-0.