England Squad and upcoming internationals

This discussion was created from comments split from: Couldn't think - from Sept 2022.

Comments

• England squad for up coming games against 🇮🇹 & 🇩🇪

• My eleven from that:

Pope
    Walker Stones Tomori
    James Rice Bellingham Chilwell
    Foden Kane Sterling

We do have some outstanding players at the moment. Just really hope Southgate gets a tune out of them.
  • He should really call up some more defenders
  • Yeah definitely requires another right back 🤪
  • So when we play Germany we will probably have a defender, a midfielder and a striker on the pitch, all currently playing for West Ham. Does it make a difference to England's chances if they don't all play in the same team? 😂
  • Scamacca and Emerson in the Italy squad.
  • Please don't break them.
  • Soucek and Coufal just walked through Stansted departures. No camera ready 🤷‍♂️
  • IronHerb said:

Soucek and Coufal just walked through Stansted departures. No camera ready 🤷‍♂️

Soucek and Coufal just hit form this season. No camera ready 🤷‍♂️🛠️

• From Bobby Manc

Eight strikers feature in the squad, including Ciro Immobile, Scamacca and Giacomo Raspadori, but Mancini reckons he has little options up front as most top Serie A clubs have foreign centre forwards.
    “Top teams have had foreign strikers for some time now,” he said.
    “The only Italian up there is Immobile. Hopefully, we’ll soon see two or three strikers who can be the national team’s future. It’s not a small problem.
    “We’ll play against a strong team physically [England]. Scamacca joined a difficult league and it will take some time to understand English football. He will take four or five months to settle in, but time is by his side.”
    The 23-year-old joined the Hammers from West Ham in the summer and has scored three goals in eight appearances across all competitions so far.
    Italy ended June’s cycle of Nations League games with a 5-2 loss against Germany.
  • It never fails to make me smile when I see the name of the Italian CF, Immobile. Mind you he could fit right into West Ham's lineup at the moment.
  • That England home kit is the absolute worst.
  • Scam the man 🔫 in line to start tonight apparently, as Ciro Immobile has picked up a knock
  • I hope Scam starts, it will be interesting to watch him with an open mind and not willing him to score with every touch.
  • Italia line up 🔫

Italy: Donnarumma; Toloi, Bonucci, Acerbi; Di Lorenzo, Barella, Jorginho, Cristante, Dimarco; Scamacca, Raspadori

Italy bench: Meret, Vicario, Luiz Felipe, Pobega, Frattesi, Gnonto, Emerson, Zerbin, Grifo, Gabbiadini, Esposito, Bastoni
  • England line up

England: Pope; Maguire, Dier, Walker; James, Rice, Bellingham, Saka, Foden; Sterling, Kane

England bench: Ramsdale, Henderson, Trippier, Shaw, Grealish, Coady, Ward-Prowse, Tomori, Mount, Bowen, Alexander-Arnold, Abraham
  • Ravel49 said:

England line up

England: Pope; Maguire, Dier, Walker; James, Rice, Bellingham, Saka, Foden; Sterling, Kane

England bench: Ramsdale, Henderson, Trippier, Shaw, Grealish, Coady, Ward-Prowse, Tomori, Mount, Bowen, Alexander-Arnold, Abraham

Your commas and semi-colons suggest a 3-5-2, isn't it more a 4-2-3-1

Pope

Walker Maguire Dier James
    Rice Bellingham
    Saka Foden Sterling
    Kane

Will be interesting to see as a few of our players are fairly versatile, could even be a 3-4-1-2 with James and Saka as WBs and Foden in behind Sterling and Kane.
  • Still haven't got the foggiest what the nations league actually is but a glorified friendly

Waste of time, even if the WC is early
  • edited September 2022
    Nations League is just an attempt to justify money making friendlies that the FAs of various countires insist on squeezing into an already very full calendar. The friendlies were becoming increasing irrelevant and impossible to justify in footballing terms, so the Nations League, a nothing competition, was invented as a way to enable the FA to generate money.
  • Scamacca was all over Maguire for a header at the far post, Maguire looked dreadful.
  • Uninspiring start from England. Thought I'd get a weekend off from watching slow, passive and aimless football, but I guess not.
  • Balbuena scores the winning goal for Paraguay in a 1-0 win. Liked him a lot.
  • Problem with the Nations League is it gives some countries that may need it an alternative route into the next proper tournament so you have to show some passing interest in it. 😉
  • This is like watching the West Ham Everton game. So little quality anywhere on the pitch.
  • Has been truly forgetable so far, even the rare occasions where we create a good opportunity, the decision making is dreadful.
  • England = West Ham
    Southgate = Moyes

I can see a lot of similarities.

Bias comms tonight, too. Not particularly enjoyable all round.
  • Scamacca off, uninjured I think, just a tactical replacement.
  • Done a lot of work .Took the dog out ,Took phone calls ,Missed nothing =)
  • England have offered nothing, now Italy take the lead.
  • Ravel49 said:

England line up

Your commas and semi-colons suggest a 3-5-2, isn't it more a 4-2-3-1

Pope

Walker Maguire Dier James
    Rice Bellingham
    Saka Foden Sterling
    Kane

Will be interesting to see as a few of our players are fairly versatile, could even be a 3-4-1-2 with James and Saka as WBs and Foden in behind Sterling and Kane.
    I copied and pasted from football Italia when they announced the lineups, wasn’t my interpretation of the formations 👍🏻