England Squad and upcoming internationals

Comments

• In my view these nonsense nation league games and international friendlies need scrapping immediately. We have two international tournaments, the World Cup and Euros, as do the African sides and south American sides etc. it's time to say the qualifying for these tournaments offer teams the chance to ascertain their best side and play together before the tournament itself.

I could not actually have cared should we have beaten Italy 5-0 or lost 5-0 and that is a meaningless fixture. The only thing I cared about was if Rice, Scamacca, Emerson or Bowen got injured.
  • edited September 2022
    Kehrer playing RB for Germany tonight so we'll get to see how he does

Well, you will, I'll be driving a train until 10:30pm
  • Bowen not in the squad tonight so he won’t get injured. An indication that he won’t make the World Cup squad?
  • He hasnt done anything to warrant a place in the WC Squad (unlike the massive Luke Shaw and Harry Maguire... But they apparently have some credit left in the bank)
  • I feel like Rice knows he’s getting compared to the likes of Musiala as an up and coming talented midfielder and is trying to prove a point that he can contain him in this match
  • Does Reece james know he`s playing with a furry animal on his head.Looks so stupid
  • edited September 2022
    Maguire poor again, gives the ball away and then fouls the player and concedes a penalty.

Germany lead 1-0
  • edited September 2022
    Harry Maguire, the CB who keeps on giving. 🤦🏼‍♂️

P.S. Bowen cold play CB I suppose.
  • Maguire loses possession at their end and they go forward and score.
  • Southgate has a lot of questions to answer if Maguire starts at the World Cup.
  • Its fine playing boring defensive, non attacking football when you're getting results. Now the results aren't there, it's time to move him on, after the World Cup.
  • Shaw gets one back, at least we're on the scoresheet.
  • edited September 2022
    2-2, Mount with a lovely first time strike from the edge of the box, 2 goals in 3 minutes.
  • edited September 2022
    England penalty, given after ref called to the monitor by VAR

3-2 England, complete turn around from 2-0 down.
  • edited September 2022
    Pope spills a shot and it's a tap in for Germany, 3-3
  • 3-3 now. Ridiculous game it’s turned into.
  • Great chance for Saka, solo run from the halfway line but keeper gets a touch (might have been going wide anyway).
  • We have such a poor defence. Can't go far in the World Cup unless that is sorted.
  • Not one mention in the comma that Kehrer is a West Ham player and I thought he looked good going forward on the right. If he can do that for the German national side surely he can do that for West Ham.
  • Can't say I was very impressed with Kehrer as right back - He was very cautious and mostly played the safe easy ball back inside. He did not run forward at pace with the ball and never tried to go past anyone.
    Rice worked his socks off for another 90+ minutes.
  • edited September 2022
    But all 3 pitch-side pundits were former West Ham players. COYI =)
  • I read a comment in the German media that the 3 best players in the Germany team were Ter Stegen, Musiala and Maguire. They need to start every match. Is there any possibility we can transfer him?
    I was watching the match on German TV and it took me until around the hour mark to actually notice Rice was on the pitch. Seemed pretty anonymus to me.
  • See Lucy Parker (WHUW) has been picked in the next Lionesses squad.
  • Munich, isn’t it funny how we all see things differently. I thought Rice was everywhere and always making himself available for a get-out pass.
  • I also thought Rice was very involved tbh, not doing anything spectacular, but doing what he does best; harrying, breaking up play, being available when we're in possession, moving the ball on quickly when the opportunity arose.
  • @Giant_Hammer, I think it is less a matter of seeing it differently rather than the TV focussing on different players. I mainly started noticing him, once he was mentioned. Up until then I didn't see him, possibly due to being distracted.
  • See Lucy Parker (WHUW) has been picked in the next Lionesses squad.

Unfortunately she's had to withdraw due to a knock she picked up at the weekend:

https://www.whufc.com/news/lucy-parker-withdraws-england-squad-due-injury
  • edited October 2022
    The draw for the Euro24 qualifying groups is this morning at 11am. England aren't a seeded group thanks to our Nation's League performances, so it's maybe a more important draw than the last few have been.
  • A link to live coverage of the draw if anyone is interested:

https://www.uefa.tv/video/live/224389/