Everton (A) Sunday 18th September 2:15pm Sky Sports

Comments

• Benrahma started off the season our best attacker and was immediately dropped for Paqueta before he could even prove his worth
  • I think Moyes has generally been great for us but I simply don’t understand what he’s playing at. We might as well lose by two or three. Just go for it for goodness sake!
  • Would it have been that hard to put Antonio over on the wing for Bowen?
  • Inside of the post, we really have not had much luck with those bouncing in
  • Great tackle by Kehrer there.
  • Eghhh

Why isn't Benrahma starting

Off the post

Because Moyes either doesn't like him or doesn't rate him. He's always the first to be sacrificed.
  • My stream says we've had 10 attempts on target. I honestly can't remember that many.
  • MIAHammer said:

Eghhh

Why isn't Benrahma starting

Off the post

Because Moyes either doesn't like him or doesn't rate him. He's always the first to be sacrificed.
    Yup, Moyes has his favourites and I don't think anyone can argue otherwise.
  • If moyes doesn't be brave here this season could be a awful one

Soucek & Fornals shouldn't be near the starting line up and Benrahma need still be the first name on the team sheet for attacking players
  • If moyes doesn't be brave here this season could be a awful one

Soucek & Fornals shouldn't be near the starting line up and Benrahma need still be the first name on the team sheet for attacking players

As long as Benrahma isn't on corners he's first name on the team sheet.....that was rubbish
  • Yup, Moyes has his favourites and I don't think anyone can argue otherwise.
    OCS if that’s the case he needs a rocket.
  • You have to wonder what they do in training. When you watch the top teams, they have a fluidity that we can only dream about.
    I'll give it to 10 PL games and if we don't improve I can honestly see Moyes being sacked after spending so much on his supposed own targets.
  • Honestly get soucek off

Bored of this now

Hes absolutle garbage atm, guy is technically awful
  • Benrahma's corner could compete with Coufal's free kick earlier.
  • Well we can’t blame the board for this little lot can we.
  • Thought Cornet had messed that up but a brilliant tackle
  • The last half of last season and the start of this has been bottom 3 form…
    Certainly a major cause for concern IMO
  • edited September 2022

The last half of last season and the start of this has been bottom 3 form…

2022 has been bad
  • The last half of last season and the start of this has been bottom 3 form…

100%

The issue is Moyes seems too arrogant to drop players out of form based off their form from 2020/21

So many passengers and out of form guys, we could be in trouble this season
  • What odds Haaland scores more goals than us this season.
  • That was the absolute worst
  • edited September 2022
    Well, we're in for a long season. People will say we're not in a relegation battle, but I think we are.

Absolutely dreadful for far too long now. I'm trying not to overreact, but I'm starting to question Moyes’s position now. This wasn't even a good Everton side. They were poor but more than enough to beat us.
  • Tbf we're not really used to playing on real grass
  • That was shocking
    Absolutely awful

Moyes has to earn his stripes here, tactically we just have nothing going for us and he's getting the line up wrong every game

Very very worried about this season
  • I thought Moyes made 4 bad decisions in this game:
    1. Starting line up.
    2. Not making a change after 30 minutes.
    3. Not making a change at the break.
    4. Not leaving Antonio on when bringing Scamacca on.

Based on our first 7 games I don't think it's too early to say we're in a relegation battle.
  • I think we are definitely in a relegation battle if our previous relegations are any guide. We have been poor for probably the last 25 PL games.
    We couldn’t even refresh our performances after the summer break and the signs were all there in pre season, which although primarily for fitness, showed alarming indications that we were regressing as a team.
    I’m just thankful it’s a break now as we at least won’t lose next week and don’t have to go through this again for a fortnight now.
  • I'm starting to think that Moyes is exacting revenge for being replaced by Pellegrini =)
  • Poor play though we perked up a bit with Cornel and Benrahma. Benrahma was unlucky not to score. How it comes other teams can integrate their new players quickly but WHU can't. Scamacca hardly got any service. Paqueta was poor. Players are bought because have excelled in particular positions. So why try to change it?
    I am getting a bit worried about how this season might turn out to be.
  • buffy, You really need to look north of the border to see extremely poor respect and bad behaviour & not only from Celtic followers solely unfortunately. :p

But only Celtic supporters being subject to disciplinary proceedings.

Odd, that.
  • Not good at all. We've lost to Forrest and Everton. Extremely worrying.