Everton (A) Sunday 18th September 2:15pm Sky Sports

12345679»

Comments

• edited September 2022
    To win the league you have to spend. Fergie got lucky with the youth players all coming along at once but Utd did spend alot of money for the time and Arsenal spent money, although when they stopped spending because of the new stadium, they didn't win the league. The game is totally different now because of the likes of Chelsea and Man City spending obscene amounts of money.
  • Slacker said:

Just a thought, the two most successful managers in Premier League history were Ferguson and Wenger. They just happen to be the two longest serving I believe.
    Before anyone jumps in with Pep or any of 43 Chelsea managers, they don’t count because whatever success they had was bought.
    So maybe, just maybe there actually is a case for having some patience.

I think there's a pretty strong argument that success leads to patience, rather than patience leading to success. Just giving someone time doesn't necessarily mean they will be successful, IMO.

That said, I think patience is important too. I don't want Moyes sacked, and I think I've only seen one person on this forum say they do want him gone. Everyone else has said that he needs to change things and get results, or he won't get a huge amount more time.
  • I think people are just applying to the manager what they apply to players. When a player is not producing, we criticise, and we heap praise on them when they do. I don't think anyone wants Moyes gone and we would rightly be a laughing stock if we so quickly forgot the stability and success he has brought.

I suspect unless we are in real trouble by Christmas and getting adrift at the bottom that he will be afforded sufficient patience, but were I his employer, and this being such a fast-moving business, I would be asking questions of him, just as he himself would if any of his players are under performing.

I think it's been a massive season of upheaval and the dressing room may be a different place now Noble has gone, add to this so many new faces and a slight pause in hitting our stride is understandable. Yet as I remarked previously this is a fast and unforgiving business and Moyes will be more aware than most that he will need turn things around pretty soon.

I think he will be fine.
  • To win the league you have to spend.

Leicester?

• That is the anomaly. If you look at the rest of the big guns that season they were in a right mess, apart from Spurs but they went all Spursy hahaha