Brighton @ Home, Sunday 21st

Classic bogey team.

Probably looking at something like:
Fab - Johnson Zouma Kehrer Cresswell - Soucek Rice - Bowen Fornals Benrahma - Antonio

Comments

• Hate this game
  • Big fat loss, with knobs on.
  • Missing this as I’m giving my youngest daughter away in Bethnal Green. Not a hard choice to make seeing as it’s Brighton. 😂

COYI
  • IronHerb, Giving your Daughter away, surely not! 😮
  • It works out cheaper. 😁
  • edited August 2022
    Potter started the same XI against Man U and Newcastle, no reason to imagine he would change a line up that won at Old Trafford

Sanchez
    Veltman Dunk Webster
    March MacAllister Calcedo Trossard
    Gross Welbeck Lallana

The only player out injured is Jakub Moder, not expected back until February

They signed LB/LM Pervis Estupinan from Villarreal on Tuesday but I don't see him displacing Leandro Trossard from the starting XI

We've drawn the last four home games, the last time we beat them at home was 14 April 2012 in the Championship, 6-0 and Ricardo Vaz Te scored a hattrick

Now I feel old...
  • Ah yes I was there that game
    With my 2 Brighton supporting mates
    Great day 🍻
  • I'm going to this. Loss
  • Do we reckon Oggy could start this one?
  • IronHerb said:

It works out cheaper. 😁

I wouldn't count on that =)
  • IronHerb said:

Missing this as I’m giving my youngest daughter away in Bethnal Green. Not a hard choice to make seeing as it’s Brighton. 😂

COYI

Have great day ironherb, I'm sure you're very proud
  • Gotta be due a win vs these...surely

Nice that there are are a few question, who starts RB? Who partners Zouma? Do we go Scamacca or Antonio? Did Cornet do enough to start?

What I'd like to see

Fab
    Johnson Zouma Kehrer Cressy
    Rice Soucek
    Bowen Fornals Benrahma
    Scamacca

Think Moyes will go for Coufal RB and Antonio CF over Johnson/Scamacca respectively
  • Scamacca will need time, he scored yesterday (as did Antonio) but his general play was rusty. Wouldn’t be starting him.

Only question mark is CB.

Side will be:

Fabianski
    Coufal - Zouma - Kehrer - Cresswell
    Soucek - Rice
    Bowen - Fornals - Benrahma
    Antonio

I’d quite like to see Johnson at RB & maybe Oggy at LCB.
  • edited August 2022
    The bad news is the ref is Anthony Taylor; Chelsea complain about him but I don't think he's reffed us fairly in the last 10 years. We've lost Dean from the rota thank goodness, but Taylor is just so biased against us he should never be allowed to ref us imo.

Not the ref we need against one of our bogey sides, you just know he's going to affect the game with a dodgy decision in their favour 😭😭😭
  • I think Moyes will give time to both Scamacca and Antonio so I would prefer Scamacca to start and a fresh Antonio to run full pelt at them for the last half hour once they are a little beaten up.
  • edited August 2022
    Yep for me Scamacca needs to start and be given some time to get some rhythm going and see what he’s all about.

We know what Antonio is about - inconsistent.
    And not a natural finisher.

All imo of course

He is the better option to come off the bench.
  • Moyes says Scamacca will be eased in gradually & squad is same as last night, with Dawson ‘not too far away now’.
  • edited August 2022
    Fabianski
    Johnson - Zouma - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Soucek - Rice
    Bowen - Fornals - Benrahma
    Antonio

Areola, Kehrer, Ashby, Coufal, Coventry, Downes, Lanzini, Cornet, Scamacca

But this is dependent on Ogbonna being able to start another game, which I doubt, so Kehrer in for him.

1-1
  • I don’t think Ogbonna will be be fit to start two games in 4 days, surely?
  • edited August 2022
    Yeah possibly, thought he seemed comfortable last night though.

I think asking Kehrer to start LCB against an established PL side is a big ask straight away (not saying he can’t do it).
  • Potter confirms that Ecuadorian international Jeremy Sarmiento injured himself playing with the U21s but as he's not played since April its hardly a major blow

Neil Maupay is available after being left out of the side against Newcastle, he was supposed to be going to Forest but it looks as of the deal is off. He's not been in the staring XI since April
  • Potter confirms that Ecuadorian international Jeremy Sarmiento injured himself playing with the U21s but as he's not played since April its hardly a major blow

Neil Maupay is available after being left out of the side against Newcastle, he was supposed to be going to Forest but it looks as of the deal is off. He's not been in the staring XI since April

I was really hoping Maupay wouldn’t be available.

Life, death, taxes, and Neal Maupay coming off the bench to score against West Ham.
  • Ogbonna didn't look quite up to speed last night imo, although hardly surprising given how long he's been out. Can't see him being trusted in the Prem just yet, and especially not so soon after Thursday. Think he'll be given another runout in the second leg.

I think Moyes will go:

Fabianski
    Coufal Zouma Kehrer Cresswell
    Soucek Rice
    Bowen Fornals Benrahma
    Antonio
  • He is a German International CB and bought, short term at least, as a CB. I don't see why he isn't ready.
  • I also have a feeling it will be the same 11 as Forest, with Johnson continuing at CB.
  • edited August 2022
    IronHerb said:

He is a German International CB and bought, short term at least, as a CB. I don't see why he isn't ready.

Absolutely. The guy's played Champions League football. He's a seasoned pro. I don't think he'd be phased by playing Brighton.

Kehrer over Johnson at CB, for me.
  • edited August 2022
    I think being ready is more about whether he’s gotten used to how we play and his defensive partners more than is he able to play at this level. So I wouldn’t be surprised on that basis if Moyes doesn’t put him in. I hope he does though. Want to see Johnson at Rb
  • So if I was to drive to the game on Sunday. Where would be the best place to park.
  • Ham. St Marks Gate Car Park, but get there early.
  • Fast trains from Canterbury West to Stratford International listed as running on time =)
    Really looking forward to this one. I strongly fancy us to get a win today. Come on you Irons.