Brighton @ Home, Sunday 21st

Comments

• They’re SO much better than us

Easy win this has been
  • Surely Fabianski has to try close that down??
  • edited August 2022
    Ooooops
  • They’re so composed and they look like they’ve got a plan every time they get the ball, and we just look clueless at the moment.
  • Brighton are no mugs, for sure, especially away..but apart from 10 mins after the break, we look very, very poor....
    I know there will be posters on here saying it's only 3 games etc etc....
    But think this is sadly a long season ahead......
  • Just everything top to bottom is totally poor. If you have a tenner stick it on Moyes being shifted out before Christmas, I legit think the board will push the button to get rid of him after spending 100m odd if the performances don't increase ten fold.
  • It might help if we actually passed to our own players occasionally
  • It’s disappointing that even with Scamacca on we’re still playing the exact same system. Why not try two up top when the 4-2-3-1 clearly isn’t working?
  • Brighton are no mugs, for sure, especially away..but apart from 10 mins after the break, we look very, very poor....

For me, it’s too early to say it’s a long season ahead. But we really need to show more then we are, IMO.
  • Yeold, But it won’t be his fault will it?
  • Should have gone to a back 3 at HT, it’s not hard
  • edited August 2022
    Lanzini and Cornet coming on, Benrahma and Antonio off.

Although Coufal down now too, Johnson being readied and is on for Coufal.
  • Coufal is offering nothing at RB, he needs a spell out the team. Zouma looks like he has an injury. Rice looks off it, Soucek is so limited.

Also, why have we signed Scamacca, he looks a similar profile to Haller.
  • Moyes watched that first half & made no half time changes, that’s bad enough
  • alderz said:

Brighton are no mugs, for sure, especially away..but apart from 10 mins after the break, we look very, very poor....

For me, it’s too early to say it’s a long season ahead. But we really need to show more then we are, IMO.
    Just a gut feeling from years gone by....
    There IMO is something that seems wrong....Like we know we have peaked the last 2 years and that is it....
    Hope I'm wrong, of course, and what do I know.....
    Just looks devoid of anything, let's hope the new players can prove a point and performances pick up.....
  • Still relying on Lanzini off the bench
  • What does Soucek have to do to come off?

Hes done nothing, we need a better passer alongside Rice in the pivot

Can't keep a player on the pouch in he hope he converts a set piece...hes completely anonymous
  • Shoulda been 3
  • I am really worried about this season, I never felt a relegation scrap would be on and maybe I'm overreacting but what I have seen so far looks like a side who thinks their journey together has finished
  • edited August 2022

What does Soucek have to do to come off?

We've still got no-one to come on for him.
  • Let's hope it just a slow start..
    But commentator just said it's been a breeze for Brighton, completely agree.....

Will be keen to hear the "positive bunch's view " on here.....
  • The problem is the players will know the start we’ve made now makes top 6 very difficult, so in their heads they’re thinking already the seasons over.
  • Decent cross by Johnson for a change, and a decent effort by Soucek that's tipped over by the keeper. Soucek denied again from the resulting corner.
  • Lukerz said:

The problem is the players will know the start we’ve made now makes top 6 very difficult, so in their heads they’re thinking already the seasons over.

I really think not.
  • We have nothing in midfield to dictate what to do when we have the ball. Until that changes, we are not going to proceed up the table.
  • Rice has also been very very sloppy IMO, no player should get off without
    MrsGrey said:

Lukerz said:

The problem is the players will know the start we’ve made now makes top 6 very difficult, so in their heads they’re thinking already the seasons over.

I really think not.
    We IMO are this seaon way off a top 6 finish, and that;'s based on the end of last seaon and the start of this....
  • Lukerz said:

I am really worried about this season, I never felt a relegation scrap would be on and maybe I'm overreacting but what I have seen so far looks like a side who thinks their journey together has finished

This is a side that believed it's own hype. I think Moyes did, too.

Second half of last season was poor, and he contributed to it by running the players into the ground. Yet here we are, starting basically the same team with most of the same issues we had last season.

The lack of business last summer and in January has meant we're playing catch up this summer but have left it too late to sign all of the players we need. Kehrer, Scamacca, Cornet and (probably) Emerson will have had to have been integrated during a tough run of opening games and now we'll have to play catch up on the pitch, too.

This start was all too predictable to some. Villa becomes another big game and with Spurs and Chelsea after that, this could be a disasterous start to the season.
  • We seem to be off the pace. Need to get our players up to fitness.
    That’s just 5 points from the last 30. It’s not just about a slow start to the season. This pattern has been going on for a while.
  • 13 defeats in 22, I mean it’s a concern, this team will know top six is light years away
  • Rice has also been very very sloppy IMO, no player should get off without

MrsGrey said:

Lukerz said:

I really think not.
    We IMO are this seaon way off a top 6 finish, and that;'s based on the end of last seaon and the start of this....
    Jay, I was disagreeing that the players will think the season's over.