Brighton @ Home, Sunday 21st

Comments

• We're over due a win against them, today's the day. 2-0
  • I would play kehrer think a proper cb will improve the defence and help Zouma out
  • We defend properly, we win. Brighton always have our number. Smart money on a draw but have a sneaky feeling it’ll be a 2-0 home win, where Brighton don’t really turn up.
  • IronHerb said:

It works out cheaper. 😁

Surely you should insist on a sell on percentage clause if she goes to someone else in a certain time limit. Actually I think I watch too much football and read too much about transfers
  • Potter started the same XI against Man U and Newcastle, no reason to imagine he would change a line up that won at Old Trafford

Sanchez
    Veltman Dunk Webster
    March MacAllister Calcedo Trossard
    Gross Welbeck Lallana

The only player out injured is Jakub Moder, not expected back until February

They signed LB/LM Pervis Estupinan from Villarreal on Tuesday but I don't see him displacing Leandro Trossard from the starting XI

We've drawn the last four home games, the last time we beat them at home was 14 April 2012 in the Championship, 6-0 and Ricardo Vaz Te scored a hattrick

Now I feel old...

I remember the game well. I guess thats a given as we dont win 6-0 often

I've no foundation for it but it'd be lovely to beat Brighton for a change as they've not lost to us with far worse squads in the recent past. A no logic win please!
  • Going to need something special, Potter has consistently got Brighton playing better and better each season.
  • edited August 2022
    Lukerz said:

Fabianski
    Coufal - Zouma - Kehrer - Cresswell
    Soucek - Rice
    Bowen - Fornals - Benrahma
    Antonio

Spot on, Lukerz

Subs: Areola, Johnson, Ogbonna, Lanzini, Ashby, Cornet, Coventry, Downes, Scamacca

Brighton unchanged from Man U & Newcastle. Maupay on the bench
  • Our bench now looks pretty good. When Dawson is back, Emerson joins (hopefully) and maaaaaybe a CM comes in, that looks great.

In bad news, Neal Maupay’s on the bench
  • No real surprises

Harsh on Johnson though, did well in shoehorned position so would've prefered he come in for Coufal who has been out of form a long time

Bench is looking a lot healthier now
  • alderz said:

Our bench now looks pretty good. When Dawson is back, Emerson joins (hopefully) and maaaaaybe a CM comes in, that looks great.

In bad news, Neal Maupay’s on the bench

Think we need a bit more attacking wise as Lanzini, Cornet & Scamacca is a little limited given we are allowed 5 subs.
  • Good to see Benny starting think he has been better last couple of games
  • Hoping for similar fluidity as Forest but with the finishing touch. We know Brighton will have over 60% of the ball.
  • Main thing today is we don’t lose. Get a point of the board.
  • My fiancée reckons we’re going to win. When I told her our track record against Brighton she said “todays the day”
  • If she’s right then she’s a keeper.
  • If she’s right then she’s a keeper.

She’s far too short to play in goal, thorn
  • Reading the BBC match build up. Are you sure we are playing today? Hmm
  • What’s the odds that Welbeck will score.
  • Zouma and Kehrer already looking a good pairing

Both very quick and seem to be showing an instant understanding of when to cover one another
  • edited August 2022
    Is it just me that gets annoyed that talk spite and bbc cover the same game on the radio, ignore me talk spite has drop in reports
  • edited August 2022
    That early Bennie chance, Antonio made a proper strikers run which may have been a better option, I can excuse him as he was running and the old red mist comes down, but it was a clever run by Antonio
  • Bowen shoots and Antonio is offside but not active, ball strikes the defender and Antonio plays it and is given offside. I thought if it comes off the defender then you're not offside, or does it have to be the defender actively playing the ball rather than it bouncing off him (although he was deliberately blocking it imo) 🤔🤔🤔
  • Penalty for Brighton
  • Oh dear, might be outside the box but clearly a clumsy challenge - cannot really complain
  • Oh good. That came from Zouma charging out and losing the ball

Not there

Zouma loses the ball and they attack us

Kehrer makes a rash sliding challenge...penalty
  • Does Kehrer even touch him?
  • Horror show from Zouma and Kehrer.......
  • As predicted, Taylor couldn't wait to give a decision against us.