The Big Europa Conference League Adventure 2022-23

Things are beginning to move with the draws for the 1st and 2nd Qualifying Rounds having been made. The first games are on 7th July

West Ham will enter at the Play Off Round stage where we will be seeded. The draw for the Play Off Round will be held on 2nd August.

More details - https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaconferenceleague/fixtures-results/#/dw/1359

COYI

Comments

• The big question is whether you're going to be working out our prize money again?
  • I will endeavour to do so. 🧮
  • Just seen that Rice has received a two match UEFA ban for his comments about the ref, and Moyes has a one match ban. So our playoff will be completely without Dec, which is good.
  • Probably deserved more than two matches. Good rest for him.
  • alderz said:

Just seen that Rice has received a two match UEFA ban for his comments about the ref, and Moyes has a one match ban. So our playoff will be completely without Dec, which is good.

Good to be without your best player in European qualifiers? 🤔

I know we should be able to progress without playing our strongest team, but, k'now, Astra Giurgiu.
  • alderz said:

Just seen that Rice has received a two match UEFA ban for his comments about the ref, and Moyes has a one match ban. So our playoff will be completely without Dec, which is good.

I know we should be able to progress without playing our strongest team, but, k'now, Astra Giurgiu.
    When I wrote it I was being sarcastic, but tone doesn’t always come across very well when it’s written
  • alderz said:

alderz said:

When I wrote it I was being sarcastic, but tone doesn’t always come across very well when it’s written
    👍
  • Wont Rice be a Chelsea player by then =)
  • He must need the rest, those pointless England matches have eaten into his and Bowens summer break.
  • The Competition kicks of tonight in Poland and Gibralta.
  • BT showing 30 minute highlights of every West Ham game in Europe last season from 12
  • Malta and Gibraltar

Gzira Utd (Malta) v Atletic d'Escaldes (Andorra)
    St Joseph's (Gibraltar) v Larne (N Ireland)

Somehow I don't think we'll be away to any of those
  • 🤦‍♂️
  • The Play Off Round draw takes place on Tuesday 2nd August. Here is the list of our potential opponents -

Lillestrom / Antwerp (Norway / Belguim)
    Lugano / Hapoel Be’er Sheva ( Switzerland / Israel)
    Nice (France)
    Paid Linnameeskond / Anderlecht (Estonia / Holland)
    Fehervar / Petrocub Hincesti (Hungary / Moldova)
    Wolfsberger AC / Gzira United (Austria / Malta)
    Riga / Gil Vicente (Latvia / Portugal)
    Hajduk Split / Vitoria de Guimaries (Croatia / Portugal)
    CSKA Sofia / St Patricks Athletic (Bulgaria / Ireland)
    Twente / Cukaricki (Holland / Serbia)
    AIK / Shkendija (Sweden / North Macedonia)
    Spartak Trnava /Rakow Czestochowa (Serbia / Poland)
    Vaduz / Konyaspor (Liechtenstein / Turkey)
    Viking / Sligo Rovers (Norway / Ireland)
    Viborg / B36 Torshavn (Denmark / Faroe Islands)
    Sepsi Sfantu Gheorghe / Djurgarden (Rumania / Sweden)
    Levski Sofia / Hamrun Spartans (Bulgaria / Malta)
  • BRING ME HAMRUN SPARTANS
  • There are som well known teams in there we need to avoid.
  • A nice friendly Irish team, Sligo Rovers.
  • To be honest there are 12 teams in that list who I've never heard of.
  • Proud to say there are only 10 I don’t know
  • alderz said:

BRING ME HAMRUN SPARTANS

There are 300 of them you know. 😉
  • alderz said:

BRING ME HAMRUN SPARTANS

Is that the lot who all play wearing clown gear 😁
  • Maybe a bit of a dumb question but why do we need to qualify rather than go straight into the group stage? Also have there been qualifiers already?
    Not really up on this stuff.
  • Slacker said:

Maybe a bit of a dumb question but why do we need to qualify rather than go straight into the group stage? Also have there been qualifiers already?
    Not really up on this stuff.

The structure of the tournament is that there is a qualifying, then everyone goes into a playoff round, and the winners all qualify for group stage. Nobody qualifies directly for the groups, everyone has at least the playoff round
  • 👍Cheers mate.
  • Half the teams sound like anagrams!
  • We probably do to them though.😀
  • Vyborg or B36

off to Denmark or the Faroe Islands
  • Viborg / B36 Torshavn

Faroe Islands anyone, or Denmark?
  • edited August 2022
    Worth noting that these teams will be well into their season by the time we play the first leg of our playoff; I suspect that it will be in the week commencing 15th Aug. We'll have played twice, Vyborg will have played 9 times.