The Big Europa Conference League Adventure 2022-23

Comments

• Home leg on 18th day of train strikes :-(
  • We play on the 18th and 25th and if we can’t beat teams of that level then we don’t deserve to be anywhere near Europe.
  • Bring home the 🥓
  • edited August 2022

• 0-2 it is then
    Lovely
  • Moyes is banned for the first leg and Declan banned for both legs.
  • Moyes is banned for the first leg and Declan banned for both legs.

Sorry, but that news doesn't bring on a panic attack...
  • It’s not meant to and needn’t given the opposition. Just reminding people of the result of Moyes and Rice’s actions at the semi. Would imagine any repeat will incur stringent punishment though.
  • So far it looks like a trip to Denmark.
  • edited August 2022

So far it looks like a trip to Denmark.

We almost certainly guaranteed a trip to Denmark as there are no direct flights from London to the Faroes with most flights requiring an overnight stopover in Copenhagen

Viborg FF is going to be like playing a mid table League 1 side, their most expensive player is CB Nicolas Burgy who cost £0.5m

B36 Torshavn are semi pro and don't appear to have ever paid a transfer fee. Conference?
  • A Danish Kidderminster?
  • Viborg wear green and white with a shamrock on their badge

Nobody seems to know why
  • It’s not meant to and needn’t given the opposition. Just reminding people of the result of Moyes and Rice’s actions at the semi. Would imagine any repeat will incur stringent punishment though.

It wasn't a dig at you, Thorn... I was just surprised to realise that I still felt confident even with the manager and best player missing =)
  • Viborg 1-0 up so it's all over.
  • Does anyone know if either of the Play Off games are on tv anywhere?
  • BT have secured the rights to the majority of the UEFA Champions League games, plus all the UEFA Europa League and the UEFA Europa Conference League exclusively live, for a further three seasons, including highlights and in-match clips.

So BT methinks.
  • IronHerb, Thanks for the info. BT haven’t got the match on their schedule yet hopefully🤞that will change for next Thursday.
  • BT probably waiting for kick off time to be decided I think
  • edited August 2022
    There are more matches tonight and tomorrow, I imagine UEFA won't announce who is playing when until Friday

From memory some were 5pm ko last year
  • Yep half the games at 5 and the other half at 8 👍🏻
  • We kick off at 7.45 for the home game. Hearts are definitely playing next week along with Dundee and Linfield, subject to results.
  • Away game at Viborg is a 6pm k.o..
  • Is that 6pm in Viborg or London?
    Denmark is an hour ahead so that would be 5pm London time
  • That k.o. is from the OS so it's almost certainly BST.
  • It actually states 6pm BST
  • Not where I looked.
  • Here you go IH

The Hammers are now set to take on Viborg at London Stadium in the first leg on Thursday 18 August at 7.45pm BST, before heading to Denmark for the return game a week later for a 7pm kick-off local time (6pm BST).
  • we need to win the home game at lest3-0 so we can rest some for the away game