The Big Europa Conference League Adventure 2022-23

Comments

• BT sport has a Euro conference game listed as live next Thursday. Says TBC but presumably it's us
  • alderz said:

BRING ME HAMRUN SPARTANS

10 minutes to go in the 3rd Quali Rd and the Spartans are 1-0 up against Levski Sofia and so drawing 1-1 on agg. The dream is still alive. πŸ™
  • Levski equalise on full time but the Spartans go upfield and score themselves 2-1 on the night, 2-2 on agg. Into extra time.....
  • This game marks the day of my retirement after 54 years of work. I will watch it in uber-relaxed mode
  • Well done Epsom,I'll toast your good health
  • Enjoy your retirement epsom
  • IronHerb said:

Levski equalise on full time but the Spartans go upfield and score themselves 2-1 on the night, 2-2 on agg. Into extra time.....

The Spartans win on pens. Alderz will be euphoric. πŸ˜„
  • This game marks the day of my retirement after 54 years of work. I will watch it in uber-relaxed mode

Congratulations epsom. Enjoy your retirement.
  • Following tonights Europa League and Conference League matches West Ham hold the 9th highest coefficient and so will be in Pot 2 for the Group Stage draw. The Europa League Play Off round contains 5 teams with higher coefficients than West Ham. Should they lose their ties they would enter the Conference Group Stage but not impact West Hams position in Pot 2.

βš’
  • IronHerb said:

IronHerb said:

Levski equalise on full time but the Spartans go upfield and score themselves 2-1 on the night, 2-2 on agg. Into extra time.....

The Spartans win on pens. Alderz will be euphoric. πŸ˜„
    I’ve enjoyed this a lot
  • Epsom, congratulations πŸŽ‰
  • Thanks for your kind words. It is still weird being so close and having to say goodbye to work mates, and not having to get up at dawn. Still, my West Ham family will keep me awake 🀣
  • Big Congratulations Epsom.
  • edited August 2022
    Thanks guys. 70 on Tuesday and retire on Thursday
  • Well done Epsom
  • Keep up the good work epson .oh right you dont have to =)
  • Back by public demand ☺️

CONFERENCE LEAGUE 2022-23

This seasons UEFA Conference League Prize Money : -

Participation: €100,000 βœ…
    Qualification Round Elimination: €750,000 βœ…
    Qualified to group stage: €2,940,000
    Match won in group stage: €500,000
    Match drawn in group stage: €166,000
    Group Draw Pot: €0
    1st in Group Stage: €650,000
    Runner Up Group Stage: €325,000
    Play Off Stage: €300,000
    Round of 16: €600,000
    Quarter-Final: €1,000,000
    Semi-Final: €2,000,000
    Runner-up: €3,000,000
    Winner: €5,000,000

Coefficient Ranking payment: €44,000 per Coefficient ranking position: (Min €44,000)

Market Pool* €11,750,000 / Number of Associations in Group Stage x 100% (Min €367,187)

Market Pool** (Group Stage) €4,700,000 / Number of Associations x 100% (Min €146,875)
    Market Pool** (Knockout Round) €1,760,000 / Number of Associations x 100% (Min €110,000)
    Market Pool** (Round of 16) €2,350,000 / Number of Associations x 100% (Min €146,850)
    Market Pool** (Round of 8) €1,530,000 / Number of Associations x 100% (Min €191,250)
    Market Pool** (Semi Final Round) €940,000 / Number of Associations x 100% (Min €235,000)
    Market Pool** (Final Round) €470,000 / Number of Associations x 100% (€235,000)

Running Total : €850,000 😎

Plus home attendances -
  • yoyo said:

BT sport has a Euro conference game listed as live next Thursday. Says TBC but presumably it's us

Confirmed

• Where is viborg? Is it up the M2?
  • It's a city in central Jutland, Denmark, I think they breed cyborgs there.
  • Like the Borg Identity?
  • I’m hoping confidence won’t be low on Thursday. We had a poor pre season and lost of first two and this is a one-off (over two legs) chance to get to the group stages.
    Danish teams are not normally pushovers.
  • Think we'll struggle for numbers on Thursday. No Rice or Cresswell, so not sure how we're going to line up.

Presumably it'll be:

Areola
    Coufal Zouma Johnson Cornet
    Downes Soucek
    Bowen Fornals Benrahma
    Scamacca

Again, no real option to rest any of the first eleven, because we have even less options than today. Looking at a bench of Fabianksi Ashby, Baptiste, Coventry, Chesters, Lanzini, Antonio and a couple of other random U23s.
  • Wonder if Oggy could manage a run-out:

Areola
    Coufal - Zouma - Ogbonna - Johnson
    Cornet - Soucek - Downes - Benrahma
    Fornals
    Scamacca
  • Think we'll struggle for numbers on Thursday. No Rice or Cresswell, so not sure how we're going to line up.

Presumably it'll be:

Areola
    Downes Soucek
    Bowen Fornals Benrahma
    Scamacca

Again, no real option to rest any of the first eleven, because we have even less options than today. Looking at a bench of Fabianksi Ashby, Baptiste, Coventry, Chesters, Lanzini, Antonio and a couple of other random U23s.

Three games in and you're looking to rest players? The way they are performing they need as much game time as possible.
  • edited August 2022
    We play again Sunday. You want the same players playing both games?

Our inability to effectively rest and rotate players badly affected our form last season, IMO.
  • They've just had the summer off.
  • ...... Danish teams are not normally pushovers.

Exactly - look at Brentford.
  • edited August 2022
    Zouma is already looking off the pace. I'd give him one of the games off, but we literally have no available back-up. And we have a big league game on Sunday that I'd rather hold a couple of players back for, personally.

So let me re-word it; we have no real option to rotate any of the first eleven. Do we really need to risk most of our first eleven for a game against a team that in all reality a PL B-team should be able to beat?

Presumably it'll be:

Areola
    Downes Soucek
    Bowen Fornals Benrahma
    Scamacca

Still got me boots.
    Just saying.