West Ham v Arsenal (H): Sunday 1st May 2022; 16:30

Comments

• Think we were the better team that half. The goal was against the run of play imo, so I’m glad we got the goal back. Considering it’s a weakened side, we look decent.
  • Alan Smith is gutted, trying everything he can think of to take the shine off Bowen's shot - deflection, Ramsdale would've got it etc. blah, blah, blah =)
  • Looked liked Coufal was leaning offside to me but I’ll take it!

Nope.
  • Really good half

Missing the players not there but so are they

Can win with this XI, but good we can call upon Antonio/Soucek if we need to
  • Sky sports playing so many adverts that they only talk to the pundits for 2 minutes in a 15 minute break. No wonder the pundits sound stupid when they have to rush every word.
  • Kept our record of scoring in every PL game
  • What is the back four formation?
  • Not sure Lukerz, Zouma has played front and centre midfield as well as defence hahaha
  • Sky sports playing so many adverts that they only talk to the pundits for 2 minutes in a 15 minute break. No wonder the pundits sound stupid when they have to rush every word.

Souness,Arsenals had most of the ball, BBC stats 50-50 with more shots and shots on target from West Ham
  • Noble hasn't let us down today. Ledge.
  • Bowen rightly booked for diving.
  • How is that not a red?

Looks like he was caught to me.
  • Well I hope the next Arsenal player who dives, rightly gets booked, but I'll believe that when I see it.
  • edited May 2022
    Another CB scoring for Arsenal. Defensively poor again
  • Useless defending yet again.
  • more rubbish defending
  • Another setpiece conceded today

Are you mad? The Arsenal fans in the pub were arguing that a yellow for Ramsdale was fair even after the replay. It’s 100% a foul, and from it they go get a set piece and score
  • Our lack of height being exploited.
  • Hate this Arsenal team. We've been miles the better team but they're getting all the breaks.

Imagine Arteta's smug face at the end, thinking he's Guardiola.
  • alderz said:

Bowen rightly booked for diving.

Are you mad? The Arsenal fans in the pub were arguing that a yellow for Ramsdale was fair even after the replay. It’s 100% a foul, and from it they go get a set piece and score
    I don't think there was any contact. Bowen's reaction suggested as much, too.
  • Could've used the height of a natural CB in there....
  • That was really poor defending, cannot leave that much space, really poor
  • The keeper has gone studs up with his foot raised, Bowen is getting out of the way more than anything.
  • edited May 2022
    No idea how Bowen was booked for avoiding a keeper rushing at him at high speed? He wasn't caught only because he dived over him, had he let him clatter into him he could have been injured.
  • alderz said:

Bowen rightly booked for diving.

I don't think there was any contact. Bowen's reaction suggested as much, too.
    If you’re sprinting and a 6ft+ goalkeeper flies at you legs first, even if he doesn’t clatter you, it takes out out. It is 100% a foul
  • If that’s Fab on Saka then it’s never going our way
  • For the record, IMO Bowens yellow was a joke, Ramsdale flew out and made no attempt at the ball, Bowen had no choice but to avoid contact.
  • Well Bowens reaction seemed pretty cut and dry he was in the wrong