West Ham v Arsenal (H): Sunday 1st May 2022; 16:30

Comments

• Unfortunately our defending of the second goal was also a joke, schoolboy stuff and DM must be furious
  • Imagine Arteta's smug face at the end, thinking he's Guardiola.

It's getting increasing difficult to decide who I want to get the final CL spot out of Spurs, Arsenal and Man Utd; I'm going to be disappointed whichever of the 3 gets it.
  • Unfortunately our defending of the second goal was also a joke, schoolboy stuff and DM must be furious

Maybe, but as he chose not to bring in a CB in January despite Ogbonna being out for the season, he has to accept some responsibility.
  • We've played really well today. Big step up in performance, but that final third is letting us down.
  • Wonder if Moyes will risk Antonio or Soucek

We have a chance here, but Thursday has to be priority....finishing top 6 seems a reach now
  • The defending is going to get shredded if its like this against Frankfurt Thursday
  • edited May 1
    Oh shutup Alan Smith!
  • I don’t think it’s got anything to do with not bringing in a centre back in January, it’s all to do with defenders not bothering or forgetting to mark players in their own area especially the six yard box.
    We’ve been guilty of this all season.
  • This could be a masterstroke or end in tears with Antonio coming on.
  • If this stays as it is we’ve managed 1 point out of our last 12.
  • 1 win in 6 if if stays like this
  • We're really unlucky to be losing this on the balance of play. Obviously poor defending but it's a makeshift defence.

A bit of luck in our favour wouldn't go amiss.
  • Arsenal should have got a third there.
  • I don’t think it’s got anything to do with not bringing in a centre back in January, it’s all to do with defenders not bothering or forgetting to mark players in their own area especially the six yard box.
    We’ve been guilty of this all season.

I think the lack of height is a definite factor today, especially as no Soucek or Antonio, so defending at set pieces won't have been as it usually is.
  • Fornals is doing my head in
  • We're really unlucky to be losing this on the balance of play. Obviously poor defending but it's a makeshift defence.

Everyone gets injuries, you have to make it work

We were lucky we didn't have any injuries first half of the season (only Oggy)
  • Fornals is doing my head in

Been terrible again

Everyone gets injuries, you have to make it work

We were lucky we didn't have any injuries first half of the season (only Oggy)
    Don't really get your point? We've had a lot of injuries and disruption across defence and we've played 11 more games than Arsenal this season.

We're trying to deal with it.
  • We have some height in the box and our crossing goes to pot.
  • Arteta's time wasting ploy now underway
  • Keystone cops defending again.
  • I think we have really missed Dawson today
  • We seem to want them to win as we keep passing to them.
  • edited May 1
    Dreadful attempted backpass by Coufal, nearly costs us again.
  • Hate Arsenal
  • Why is it, they watch Yarmo go offside and then pass to him?
  • Yarmolenko on for Benrahma
  • Timewasting is beyond a joke
  • Another Arsenal player pretending to be injured.
  • I am not sure if Antonio has actually touched the ball,