West Ham v Arsenal (H): Sunday 1st May 2022; 16:30

Comments

• I get the vibe Rice is getting impatient. I don’t think he would except a year of league football only. But who knows.
  • The bigger issue with Rice is probably what someone is prepared to pay, I could quite easily see a gap of about 30-40m between what is acceptable for us and what someone will pay.
  • edited April 2022
    If someone comes in for him they'll be playing in a bigger competition than the conference league. So I don't understand how the conference league persuades him.
  • I agree, he isn't going to be impressed with the conference league, us fans will probably take it however as this season has been fun.
  • edited April 2022
    Hamstew said:

If someone comes in for him they'll be playing in a bigger competition than the conference league. So I don't understand how the conference league persuades him.

He loves the club. So the hope is that West Ham in the ECL and signing players of genuine quality with a view of regularly challenging for EL/CL may be enough to keep him interested for another couple of seasons.

Ok, it's not the CL which he could probably get in the summer, but his genuine affection for the club will be a bigger consideration than someone like Zouma, for example.

It's a long shot, but Conference League football at a club he loves may trump CL football at a club where he isn't emotionally invested, in the short term at least.
  • If one of the big boys stumps up the cash he's gone conference league or not. That's just my view.
  • Hamstew said:

If one of the big boys stumps up the cash he's gone conference league or not. That's just my view.

And what sickens me is that GSB get a cut of any fee before next year.
    Sulli is probably touting him for 75 mil as we speak
  • The club has been quite clear that he's not for sale. I'd be surprised if they changed their stance this summer (unless someone comes in with £150m for him).
  • To be clear I'm talking about if someone bids an amount that is accepted by the club, then he goes and the conference league doesn't change his mind.
    I cant Imagine Declan would push for a move himself.
  • The club has been quite clear that he's not for sale. I'd be surprised if they changed their stance this summer (unless someone comes in with £150m for him).

I think Moyes hasn't changed his stance but he doesn't necessarily talk for the club.
  • 4 at the back for me for the rest of the season.
  • Tierney and Partey out, Saka late fitness test
  • Their left back - Tavares - is rubbish. Can’t defend at all, and is not great going forward. We should probably go Coufal and Bowen down that flank and tear him apart.
  • edited April 2022
    IronHerb said:

The club has been quite clear that he's not for sale. I'd be surprised if they changed their stance this summer (unless someone comes in with £150m for him).

I think Moyes hasn't changed his stance but he doesn't necessarily talk for the club.
    Sure, Sullivan may think differently, but Moyes has always claimed he has the final say on transfers, so unless Rice hands in a transfer request, or Moyes is full of hyperbole, we have to assume he's staying.
  • It’s a bit like Grealish at Villa, their man man who was staying/going/staying/going and eventually Villa took the massive money.
    Who knows what’ll happen with Declan but in the end I guess money talks.
  • In a way the Grealish move may work on our favour. He hasn't come close to justifying the £100m fee so it may put clubs off paying more than that for Rice.
  • I don't for one moment expect to get £150m for Rice. £100m will be a tough get.
  • I agree, but that’s one of the main reasons I think he’ll stay. To us, he’s worth £150m - so that’s the price. But to other teams I think nobody’s paying more than £70m for him. I think you take £70m when he has two years left on his deal, but not three. Unless someone goes nuts and pays the asking price, he’ll be here next season.
  • A last chance to say farewell to Mike Dean. What a star, well in his own mind anyway.
  • IronHerb said:

A last chance to say farewell to Mike Dean. What a star, well in his own mind anyway.

Which of our players is he sending off tomorrow I wonder 🤔
  • Arteta hopefully. 😉
  • I dont expect us to win post europa (mix of fatigue and having one eye on next europa game) but hope for no injuries and the game of their lives vs EF next week
  • edited May 2022
    I imagine this will be a similar side to last week:

Fabianski
    Johnson - Alese - Cresswell
    Fredericks - Soucek - Noble - Lanzini - Masuaku
    Vlasic - Benrahma

Areola, Zouma, Coufal, Kral, Rice, Fornals, Bowen, Antonio, Yarmolenko

With Wolves losing, Moyes will see this as an opportunity to rest again. No way will Zouma play having just returned Thursday.
  • I actually think Zouma will start, though I completely get the argument why he wouldn’t or even shouldn’t
  • edited May 2022
    I'm with alderz. Zouma needs minutes, not necessarily ninety, but minutes all the same.
    With Wolves result yesterday one point becomes very valuable.
  • Is Zouma even fit .did not look to great after thursday
  • Even when Zouma is fully fit he walks as though he is injured.
  • Diop on the bench. Zouma starts. No Johnson in the squad
  • Coufal CB?

I think I'd rather he rested Bowen over Antonio.
  • Fredericks Coufal Zouma Cresswell?

Or Coufal Zouma Cresswell Fredericks?

I haven't got a clue what we're doing at the back today 😂