West Ham vs Everton (H) Sunday 14:00 KO

edited March 2022 in Match Threads
Internationals over,
players returning from injury,
a quarter final in the Europa League against Lyon

But before that an important premier league game against Everton

Everton in a relegation battle, travel to West Ham looking to put more distance between them and the bottom of the table.

West Ham in a fight for European football of every kind whether that's a Champions League battle through winning the Europa League or a fight in the league for Europa League or Europa Conference League football.

The margins are tight and one point could sway it.

Will Bowen and Coufal be available ? Will West Ham pile on the pressure to put Everton into a Sticky Toffee mess. Or will the Former Boo Boy Lampard secure some points against the crowd and for the blue side of Merseyside.

The Journey continues.

Thoughts?

Comments

• What is the latest on Bowen ,Keep hearing differant acounts on his injure ,Some reports say he will miss both Lyon games .As for Everton we need to smash them for a number of reasons .Need the points ,And need to see Lampard upset
  • If Bowen was close I'm sure the club's media team would have flooded our social media feeds with pictures of it. Personally, I think he's out for a good few weeks yet.

As for the game, everything should point towards a home win. Everton have been dire of late, and generally our home form has been good.

And for that reason I think it'll be a score draw.
  • Everton are really bad these days. We should be beating them.

Fab; Johnson Dawson Zouma Cresswell; Soucek Rice; Fornals Lanzini Benrahma; Antonio
  • Just want to see our boys again. Seems ages.
  • A comfortable 2-0 win, that could have been 5 or 6, leaves Lumplard in tears
  • Why on earth are we playing sunday with the Lyon game on thursday .Should be playing Saturday .Is this the FA or TV to blame Crazy Guess no one wants to help an English club win the europa
  • steve said:

Why on earth are we playing sunday with the Lyon game on thursday .Should be playing Saturday .Is this the FA or TV to blame Crazy Guess no one wants to help an English club win the europa

Because we're on SKY.
  • Well thats all right then =)
  • edited March 2022
    IronHerb said:

steve said:

Why on earth are we playing sunday with the Lyon game on thursday .Should be playing Saturday .Is this the FA or TV to blame Crazy Guess no one wants to help an English club win the europa

Because we're on SKY.
    And it's liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive
  • My head says 2-0 comfortable win.
    My head also says 1-2 Everton.
  • edited March 2022
    Isn't Sunday - Thursday the norm for clubs in the Europa League
  • steve said:

We play Sunday and Thursday
    Lyon play Sunday and Thursday

City and Liverpool play Saturday and Tuesday
    Chelsea play Saturday and Wednesday

Can't see what the problem is
  • The DCL derby (next season?) ;)

Lampard has not brought bad the feel Goodison factor back... Yet
  • I dont know why 'bad' is in my comment above either. Maybe a subconscious Everton 'bad' thing
  • edited April 2022
    Bowen in with a chance of being in squad... Perhaps Coufal too (which gives me hope Bowen could play vs Lyon!)
  • edited April 2022
    Everton have played ten since Little Frank took over, seven in the Premier League, two in the Cup against Premier League opponents and Boreham Wood which doesn't really count so probably best ignored.

Of the nine games against Premier League opposition they've won three against bottom half clubs and lost six. They've lost all four away games and there were lots of questions about this at the press conference yesterday. Their only away goal was a OG by Lascelles at Newcastle.

Lampard mostly plays with a back four and they've lost the last two times they've tried three at the back

Noticeable absences

DM Allan, second match of a three match ban
    RW Andros Townsend ACL
    CB Yerry Mina thigh
    CM/LB Fabian Delph thigh

Lampard spoke positively about Calvert-Lewin so wouldn't be surprised if the started this one especially as Richarlison has been playing as the lone striker and hasn't scored in the last nine (another issue brought up yesterday)

Deli Alli hasn’t set foot on the pitch since 13th March

Best guess starting XI

Pickford
    Coleman Keane Holgate Kenny
    Doucoure Van Der Beek
    Gordon Richarlson Gray
    Calvert-Lewin

Everything points to another 3pts for us...

...except Lawro has predicted a 2-1 win

Oh dear
  • edited April 2022

Thought this was a really interesting bit of info off the Sky Sports App.
  • edited April 2022
    I think we’ll see both Coufal & Bowen on the bench for this.

Side really does pick itself:

Fabianski
    Johnson - Dawson - Zouma - Cresswell
    Soucek - Rice
    Fornals - Lanzini - Benrahma
    Antonio

Areola, Diop, Coufal, Fredericks, Masuaku, Noble, Vlasic, Bowen, Yarmolenko
  • edited April 2022
    Everton have lost every away game under Lampard, scoring 1 & conceding 14 (4 games).
  • Lukerz said:

Everton have lost every away game under Lampard, scoring 1 & conceding 14 (4 games).

Oh dear………

• Lukerz said:

And that one goal was an own goal by Lascelles
    Lukerz said:

I think we’ll see both Coufal & Bowen on the bench for this.

Side really does pick itself:

Fabianski
    Johnson - Dawson - Zouma - Cresswell
    Soucek - Rice
    Fornals - Lanzini - Benrahma
    Antonio

Areola, Diop, Coufal, Fredericks, Masuaku, Noble, Vlasic, Bowen, Yarmolenko

Maybe Lanzini on the bench too, in the press conference Moyes said he was "sore, a bit sore" after his car crash
  • I think we will play Lanzini, if fit, as he's out of the Europa game on Thursday.
  • edited April 2022
    We really need win tomorrow what with Wolves winning and Utd drawing, Everton at home must be considered one of our easier games in our run in so three points is a must. I was in favour of resting players for the Liverpool match before Sevilla as I considered that if we went full strength or rested we would come away with nothing, in this case I think we need to ensure three points. Especially as most players should be relatively fresh from the break anyhow.
  • 2-0 please.
  • edited April 2022
    I genuinely think top 4 is gone based on Arsenal’s form but it’s obviously still a possibility via winning the Europa League (however big an ask that is). But I do feel, having watched United on several occasions, finishing 5th is definitely achievable.
  • So you're discounting Wolves and Spurs then?
  • No but Man Utd are the most likely of the 3 IMO. Spurs are too inconsistent & Wolves have some tough fixtures but will also lose games like we will.
  • Lukerz said:

I genuinely think top 4 is gone based on Arsenal’s form but it’s obviously still a possibility via winning the Europa League (however big an ask that is). But I do feel, having watched United on several occasions, finishing 5th is definitely achievable.

I think that's optimistic, 6th would be very good from where we are, and even 7th won't be too bad. I can see the league season petering out and us finishing 8th.
  • edited April 2022
    Bowen starts, so does Fredericks

No Ben Johnson or Lanzini
  • Todays team