West Ham vs Everton (H) Sunday 14:00 KO

Comments

• steve said:

Come on Yeold lets get the Lyon thread up and running

i did it
  • How on earth could we not beat Newcastle. Their defence is truly abysmal.

Well it was in this game

Before that they conceded 8 in their last 11
  • How easy does Kurt Zouma make defending look?
  • edited April 2022
    About as easy as kicking a... Ahhh forget it ;)
  • Dawson and Cresswell both make Crooks's Team of the Week:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60974949
  • Cresswell kicked the ball which was close to him as he was on the ground.

I don’t think he made contact with the ball. Richarlison definitely made a meal if it but Cresswell was lucky to only get away with a yellow. To be honest I think most people here would be baying for blood if someone did the same thing to one of our players.
  • steve said:

Frediericks was poor i thought

He’s set the bar so low that I thought he did alright for him. His other performances this season were so bad.
  • Watching MOTD2, and Nedum Onuoha is a really good pundit. I speaks a lot of sense, and does it very articulately - which isn’t the case for a lot of pundits.
  • edited April 2022
    How clever was Bowen’s finish? Didn’t see it get the attention I felt it deserved. Given he’s rusty, it was so clever to chip the ball into the empty net otherwise the Everton defender makes a sliding block. The awareness to just lift the ball. Looks like a simple tap in to everybody else which is how it was referred to.
  • He did the Ozil technique of knocking it into the ground so it lifts up. It's a really clever finish, because if you try to chip it it's really easy to lift it over the bar, but hitting it into the ground means it will get a bit of air but stay low.

Considering it was on his wrong foot too, it was quality.
  • I thought Bowen scuffed it in. But I haven't seen it again yet.
  • Highlights of the game: Cress' goal, Dawson sarcastically applauding the Everton diver. Richarlison and Holgate also make it into my Most Dislikeable Players of the Week. Again.
  • That's the thing with that Ozil technique, he intentionally creates the effect of scuffing it in by hitting it into the ground. It looked to me like Bowen did it on purpose, which I don't think as easy as Ozil used to make it look at that speed.
  • Poor Antonio, does he ever score a 1 v 1 where he has more than 3 seconds to think about it?
  • Lukerz said:

Poor Antonio, does he ever score a 1 v 1 where he has more than 3 seconds to think about it?

Nope. But he's also seriously managing to overthink ones where he doesn't have time. There were a couple of times when Benrahma played him in and he would've finished taken a quick shot when he was in good form. One when he tried to round Pickford and then right before Benrahma went off he made a weird decision to almost switch the ball while he was in the box.

His overall play was good though and thought we flowed much better and created a few good opportunities. Just need him to somehow get back into the right mental space.
  • I'm surprised how much love Fredericks is getting on social media. Whilst he played quite well in the second half he was awful in the first half. Was so out of position.
    Overall he did ok but to suggest he was motm is a bit too far imo.
  • Lukerz said:

Poor Antonio, does he ever score a 1 v 1 where he has more than 3 seconds to think about it?

Nope. But he's also seriously managing to overthink ones where he doesn't have time. There were a couple of times when Benrahma played him in and he would've finished taken a quick shot when he was in good form. One when he tried to round Pickford and then right before Benrahma went off he made a weird decision to almost switch the ball while he was in the box.

His overall play was good though and thought we flowed much better and created a few good opportunities. Just need him to somehow get back into the right mental space.
    Yeah he never really opens his body up to gain control of the chance. Always seems like the keeper is the one in control of the 1v1. His body angle was wrong on a few yesterday where he never got himself into a position to really have a proper shot at goal.
  • Hamstew said:

I'm surprised how much love Fredericks is getting on social media. Whilst he played quite well in the second half he was awful in the first half. Was so out of position.
    Overall he did ok but to suggest he was motm is a bit too far imo.

He had one really good attacking moment early on, but all of the other highlights from him in the game were only there because he was fixing his own mistakes.
  • Compared to their strikers he was far more direct and much more of a handful for their defence. Personally I thought he had a strong game, the goals will come but that’s only part of his game.
  • Everton are now reduced to Big Sam style long ball games.
  • Slacker said:

Compared to their strikers he was far more direct and much more of a handful for their defence. Personally I thought he had a strong game, the goals will come but that’s only part of his game.

I thought Antonio played well. I don't really care how many he scores if we score goals as a team. We've had 16 unique goalscorers in the league this season - only Liverpool (18) have had more.
  • How is it that Nobes was our most forward player there

Because he couldn't get back.
  • Antonio is simply a force to be reckoned with, is he the most subtle, stylish or cultured of players, certainly not, but he must be an absolute nightmare to play against
  • Why is Fredericks criticised for previous performances when he has a decent one?
  • IronHerb said:

Why is Fredericks criticised for previous performances when he has a decent one?

I don't think I've seen anyone criticise previous performances on this thread, but I personally don't think he did have a decent performance. He did two things well, one of which he only had to do to make up for his own error.
  • alderz said:

IronHerb said:

Why is Fredericks criticised for previous performances when he has a decent one?

I don't think I've seen anyone criticise previous performances on this thread, but I personally don't think he did have a decent performance. He did two things well, one of which he only had to do to make up for his own error.
    Well OCS disagrees with you.

steve said:

He’s set the bar so low that I thought he did alright for him. His other performances this season were so bad.
  • IronHerb said:

alderz said:

IronHerb said:

Well OCS disagrees with you.

steve said:

I'm sat here quietly minding my own business.

This beef is between alderz and Outcast. I want no part of it.
  • Sorry OCS. 🤦‍♂️
  • I don't think he had a decent performance. I think he was so bad before that it was a surprise yesterday that he did a couple of good things.
  • I love West Ham supporters.