West Ham vs Everton (H) Sunday 14:00 KO

123457»

Comments

• Love you to Herb =)
  • Aww. Thanks steve.
  • Get a room you two =)
  • I popped out to get some popcorn and it's all over.
  • Story of my life that Preston
  • Don't eat popcorn then. 😁
  • IronHerb said:

I love West Ham supporters.

Ok
  • It was Gold label popcorn, the kind for a special occasion, like a verbal punch up. Which reminds me, my kettle has clicked and is ready to pour over my Gold label tea hahaha
  • I popped out to get some popcorn and it's all over.

I'm confused. is that a direct quote from Steve or Ironherb ;)
  • I’d be worried for Everton. The feeling is that was a marked improvement & they deserved a point. I thought they were awful & didn’t get to a stage where they left everything they had on the pitch. They went out with a whimper after being 2-1 down. Very worried for them. I think Watford will pick up under Roy the longer the season goes on (historically that’s what happens with Roy managed teams) & Burnley are always likely to scrap points.
  • I agree. We never got out of second gear and never felt troubled by them.
  • Genuinely hope they go down. They've been in the top flight so long and could do with a taste of the Champo!

Disclaimer: No Liverpool bias intended ;)
  • Jeez, just read a Daily Mail article.😡
    That’s another shower then.

• edited April 2022
    Everton will certainly have problems up at Turf Moor tomorrow night

Allan and Keane suspended
    Gomes, Patterson and van de Beek added to the injury list
    Coleman doubtful due to illness

Dyche must fancy his chances
  • I've been a Fredericks critic, but he was probably the only player who could have kept up with Richarlison and made those saving tackles. Fair play to him, he didn't give up after any mistake (like Everton mostly did)
  • Yeah I thought the second tackle was a penalty though
  • I've been a Fredericks critic, but he was probably the only player who could have kept up with Richarlison and made those saving tackles. Fair play to him, he didn't give up after any mistake (like Everton mostly did)

I do agree with this. His recovery was superb, no denying it. I think my point is that the recovery was only needed as he made a mistake.
  • Funny that Fab made a whopper leading to their goal but barely, if at all, got a mention. Fredericks made a mistake, made up for it, and we didn't concede a goal and yet had a poor game. 🤷‍♂️
  • I thought it was the other way around. Fredericks made some mistakes and managed to rectify most of them but was tipped for man of the match.
  • I thought Fredericks had a decent game overall, I think he has the ability to offer more in attack than Coufal or Johnson, although in this game he seemed to lack the confidence or licence to get forward too often. I wouldn't blame Fab too much for the goal as Iwobi was backing into him as he punched it. Rice gave the ball away under pressure prior to DCL hitting the woodwork. Mistakes happen.
  • edited April 2022
    Defensively, Johnson is one of the best in the league. What we really want is for him to have Fredericks' pace and Coufal's effectiveness in the final third.

Between the three of them, we have a top class modern-day right back.
  • Defensively, Johnson is one of the best in the league. What we really want is for him to have Fredericks' pace and Coufal's effectiveness in the final third.

Yep Johnson just needs to sort out his end product.
  • Hamstew said:

Defensively, Johnson is one of the best in the league. What we really want is for him to have Fredericks' pace and Coufal's effectiveness in the final third.

The lad can finish; his goals against Brighton and Villa have shown that, but his crossing and general decision making in the final third needs some work.
  • Hamstew said:

So, Fredericks' legs, Johnson's body and Coufal's head??
  • edited April 2022

Add in Cresswells delivery and you have the perfect full back. Coufal's forward facing intent is brilliant but the final delivery can often be less so.
  • Defensively, Johnson is one of the best in the league. What we really want is for him to have Fredericks' pace and Coufal's effectiveness in the final third.

Ah, got the right quote this time. Should be running VAR, me...
  • So, Fredericks' legs, Johnson's body and Coufal's head??