We've not met up since September 2019

Enjoy

Comments

• The Paul Allen derby.
  • Another big game ,My poor old heart
  • Not for me this one. One game to far.
  • Take a cinema break hahaha
  • edited March 2022
    I am experiencing a most strange sensation in that after last night I don't seem to care so much about this even though in normal times it would be one of the most hoped for victories in the season. I am sure come kick off normal service will resume.

Just checking in on the Spurs forum and omg someone only tried to be unbiased and objective.

West Ham didn't look as bad as a lot of you are making out last night, I think you watched it with an opinion before a ball was kicked.

I watched about 50-60% of the game and West Ham were the only team in that game. They thoroughly deserved to win it and go through.
    The good thing for us is they gave 110% all over the pitch and it will be hard to get over that and do it again on Sunday.

Then another poster showed they are still deluded

I think many fans will be surprised how comfortably we will beat them this time.
  • Let's just round off the week. Antonio amongst the goals.

COYI
  • Spurs are due an L in their WLWL etc sequence. And it's more their Cup Final than ours this year, being out of Europe while we're still in it, so the pressure is all on them. They need a 'diving-friendly' ref to help them. COYI!
  • Anthony Taylor is the ref for this one.
  • IronHerb said:

Anthony Taylor is the ref for this one.

Loss. He absolutely hates us, dreadful ref for us.
  • I'm anticipating defeat tomorrow, tbh. Nothing to do with Spurs at all, because I do think they are absolutely beatable. But I've seen so many teams have a big, triumphant midweek night, full of emotion, absolutely pumped with adrenaline, and then have a bit of a crash at the weekend. I think there is a real chance that the players will feel flat in comparison to Thursday night and Friday morning, and we'll struggle.

And, to be perfectly honest, I don't mind. If we get beat by Spurs on Sunday, then I don't really care because we beat Sevilla and we're in the quarter finals of the Europa League. I'd not swap that for a win over Spurs ever.
  • alderz said:

And, to be perfectly honest, I don't mind. If we get beat by Spurs on Sunday, then I don't really care because we beat Sevilla and we're in the quarter finals of the Europa League. I'd not swap that for a win over Spurs ever.

Nothing wrong with wanting both though =)

COYI
  • edited March 2022
    alderz said:

I'm anticipating defeat tomorrow, tbh. Nothing to do with Spurs at all, because I do think they are absolutely beatable. But I've seen so many teams have a big, triumphant midweek night, full of emotion, absolutely pumped with adrenaline, and then have a bit of a crash at the weekend. I think there is a real chance that the players will feel flat in comparison to Thursday night and Friday morning, and we'll struggle.

I get that, but the opposition is largely irrelevant at this stage. It's three points that we need if we want to have another Sevilla experience next season.

I hope the players see that (I'm sure they do) and pick themselves up for this one. It's huge in terms of keeping Spurs behind us, and with Chelsea and Man City still to play, we need all the points we can get from the other games.
  • Spurs and their fans will fancy this, as they know how Thursday nights affect future performances

But we keep it tight and not give them many chances they fans will get frustrated, there is a deffo a big chance for us here

But do agree with Alderz, do think it's gonna be hard for the lads to be as up for this after a hard game, hope we don't have a slow start

Would take the point
  • Not so worried about picking themselves up as I'm not sure they will have come down yet. 😀
  • Would take a point now.But when i see that lot tomorrow ,I will want 3 =)
  • I think had we lost in extra time the defeat would have ended this match tomorrow, but we won, the players are tired but on a high and must feel they can beat anyone at present. they will be tired but will also know this is a six pointer and Moyes will get every last bit out of them for this and let them rest next week.

If we win after Spurs fans having to watch our heroics in mid-week, and Arsenal cementing themselves into top four against Villa? I think it will be more than they could take, they will be crying for the next too weeks, it will be Levy out, Conte out, Son out, Kanes fault and proper blubbing from them.
  • Dont see how most of our players can rest .when they will flying here there and everywhere .
  • I really hope Rice wont be asked to play in these nonsense friendlies, surely a chance for Southgate to see other players. Does anyone know If Antonio is going to Jamaica again? I don't think they can qualify anymore so as our main striker it would be a real let down if he went. Soucek has a big game to help the Czechs qualify, so he needs to play obviously.
  • I'm going to the England friendly with my boy so for my own selfish reasons I hope he plays some part of the Switzerland game.
  • Let's meet in the middle Hamstew, he can come on with twenty to go but promises to score a wonderful individual goal on one of his runs from midfield onto the edge of the box.

• If we win after Spurs fans having to watch our heroics in mid-week, and Arsenal cementing themselves into top four against Villa? I think it will be more than they could take, they will be crying for the next too weeks, it will be Levy out, Conte out, Son out, Kanes fault and proper blubbing from them.

This

• edited March 2022
    There’s an international break after this. Moyes’ record is not one where he leaves players out in big games, especially league. There is no way Moyes rests players for this game. The only possible exception may be Antonio on the bench (after his two hours on Thursday) & Yarmo getting rewarded with a start. Fab back in for Areola. Other than that, it will be our strongest side, likely the one that played Thursday.

As alderz said, often these end up being like going to work with a hangover, but they can also just as easily have the opposite effect & we play off the adrenaline from Thursday. It’s a big game & we need to get away from there with a point, ideally.

Fabianski
    Johnson - Dawson - Zouma - Cresswell
    Soucek - Rice - Lanzini
    Fornals - Yarmolenko - Benrahma
  • Antonio has a decent scoring record against Spurs so, if fit, he plays. Yarmo is now our super sub, whoever would have thought that? 😀

I'm now killing time before leaving for the game. Can't wait.

Away win.

COYI
  • I'm doing the decent thing and not watching the game. Worked for Wolves. Worked for Villa.
  • I'm doing the decent thing and not watching the game. Worked for Wolves. Worked for Villa.

Very thoughtful and selfless of you OCS, but please make a prediction of a loss and Antonio not scoring before you pop off.
    Your fellow posters would be most grateful.

What you up to.
  • Go to the cinema with him Hamstew hahaha
  • edited March 2022
    Trying to get up for this one .might go for a quick jog to get my blood going .Then again i could just nap for an hour =)
  • Hamstew said:

I'm doing the decent thing and not watching the game. Worked for Wolves. Worked for Villa.

What you up to.
    Marwell Zoo with the family. Currently in Penguin Cove. This is a lot less stressful than watching Antonio attempt a through-ball.
  • Fab in for Areola and Masuaku in for Pablo.