Spurs (a) 4:30pm Sunday 20th March Sky Sports

Comments

• It has been a great season.

But it could have been an even better season with a real push in January.

With Arsenal, City and Chelsea to come it'll be 7th at best.
  • Let Spurs have there minute of glory, that’s about as good as it’s gonna get for them, as for the game, we were in it till
    89 mins…
    Son , great player, rather annoying though!!
  • WHU didn't carry much threat in the top-third. Too many backwards and square passes. Disappointing and now would be lucky to finish in top-six.
  • MrsGrey said:

You don't think it's a great season? You're a tough audience!

it has been a good one, but every time we post anything negative as we have a right to, we get sniped, we had the opportunity to push on and again we have not
    This is squarely down to our transfer windows. We knew we were in the Europa League but didn’t strengthen our squad. At this point we might as well just go for it in the Europa League and forget about our Premier League position.
  • now to focus on Europe and rest players for that, wining that cup will be a great season, maybe even epic. My hope we win the cup, spuds finish 4th and we take their place and Kane leaves :)
  • Let Spurs have there minute of glory, that’s about as good as it’s gonna get for them, as for the game, we were in it till
    89 mins…

I fear it'll get better than that for them. 6th, probably, if not 5th.

And Europa League next season. Not the Champions League that they want, but more than us, I suspect.
  • There whole team is rather annoying
  • Totally agree Hamstew. I couldn't careless about this game. I watched this with my Dad and brother watching downstairs who are both Spurs fans. They can dream about finishing in the top 4 and win nothing, we won't finish top 4 but can dream of actually winning something and be in the Champions league next season. I know what camp I'd rather be in.
    89 mins…

And Europa League next season. Not the Champions League that they want, but more than us, I suspect.
    But most spurs fans I know don't want 5th or 6th. They want top 4 or nothing.
  • Hamstew said:

Let Spurs have there minute of glory, that’s about as good as it’s gonna get for them, as for the game, we were in it till
    89 mins…

But most spurs fans I know don't want 5th or 6th. They want top 4 or nothing.
    They'll take EL football over nothing. Particularly given the stick our fan base gave them for playing EL Conference League football this season.
  • edited March 2022
    Well they see it as a hindrance as they think they are a top 4 team. Those I know anyway.
  • edited March 2022
    Hamstew said:

Well they see it as a hindrance as they think they are a top 4 team. Those I know anyway.

A lot are deluded, sure, but if you offer most of them 7th and Conference League or 6th and EL proper, they'll happily take the extra route to the CL and, unfortunately, bragging rights over us (unless we win the EL this season, of course).
  • Oh yes they're definitely deluded
  • And they will still implode before the end of the season 🙃
  • The season isn’t over yet so I can’t really judge it. I reckon we are playing for Sixth or 7th which is hopefully European football again. Unless of course we win the Europa League which is where the squad issue comes into play. ☹️
  • Conte was crying and quitting a few weeks ago. No doubt when Levy doesn't open up the purse strings in the summer, he'll be crying and quitting again.
  • Every time I see OCS's profile picture, I see 70's adult film star hahaha
  • Zooming through the knocking posts, I just want to say that I absolutely HATE losing to this lot but on the day they were better.
    However that incident when Son went down like he’d been shot when that ball viciously struck him on the legs was an absolute joke. The man should be embarrassed. Hopefully the meme of it will start circulating soon.
  • I was hoping we'd nick a couple of goals to draw 3-3 just to see Son in tears again hahaha
  • Hamstew said:

A lot are deluded, sure, but if you offer most of them 7th and Conference League or 6th and EL proper, they'll happily take the extra route to the CL and, unfortunately, bragging rights over us (unless we win the EL this season, of course).
    What a mighty fall from champions league final a few years ago..I’m lucky I don’t have to listen to Spurs fans, too often anyway…

If we finish 6th or 7th, then for me we’re being consistent, last year was a shock perhaps for many, but to do it again , then that’s great IMO..
    If we can improve the squad in the summer, then that’s giving us a perfect platform, as long as the board fund it and Dithering Dave ( re - slow pace with transfers) do the business..

Not fussed where Spurs finish, in general they’ve being doing it for many seasons ( generally top 6 )….
  • Had a season pass at Marwell Zoo when the kids were little and we lived in Southampton. The red panda was always the highlight!

Still there, Exeter (though possibly not the same ones...)

• What's the rule about slapping someone? I thought the rule was if you raise your hand to anyone it's an automatic sending off. I didn't realize it depended on the severity of the slap. Why didn't VAR intervene? Not that I thought it deserved a sending off. I was just wondering what the rule is?
    In fact I must admit that I didn't like Antonio trying to get Reguilon sent off. He was dragging Cresswell over to the referee and Cresswell kept trying to get away as he didn't want anything to do with it. It was a bit comical to be honest.
  • edited March 2022
    How a Spurs player wasn't at least booked in that incident is amazing, but, then again, it was Taylor, so 'nuff said.
  • Had a season pass at Marwell Zoo when the kids were little and we lived in Southampton. The red panda was always the highlight!

Still there, Exeter (though possibly not the same ones...)

Oh so that is what a red panda looks like hahaha
  • edited March 2022
    I hate Son more than Kane and I really don't like Kane.

He fell over when the ref brushed him and then realised it was the Ref and got up again.
  • now to focus on Europe and rest players for that, wining that cup will be a great season, maybe even epic. My hope we win the cup, spuds finish 4th and we take their place and Kane leaves :)

For that happen Chelsea would also need to win the Champions League and finish outside the top 4. I fear that might just be too much to hope for.
  • My hope is Spurs finish 7th Kane leaves Conte leaves and they go bankrupt not too much to ask for is it :-)
  • Kane has to leave this time surely. I'd say it's quite convenient that his form has picked up again now we are nearing the end of the season.
  • I was temporarily disappointed by this result, then I remembered 3 things & instantly forgot about it:

Sevilla
    Yarmolenko
    Thank god I’m not a Spurs fan

Irons