Spurs (a) 4:30pm Sunday 20th March Sky Sports

123457»

Comments

• Anybody seen the video doing the rounds of the Antonio potential red card? Elbow on Dier.
  • Has anyone mentioned what a horrible little oik that Reguilon is? Bleating the whole time.
  • Was going to say that yesterday .But Bennys goal stoped me .He really is a nasty bit of work
  • Has anyone mentioned what a horrible little oik that Reguilon is? Bleating the whole time.

And he slapped Cresswell in the face. I missed it during the game, but I've seen it back and as weak a slap as it is, it was a raised hand and a red card in the modern game.

Both Taylor and VAR 'missed' it, but had it been the other way round, Reguilon would have gone down and forced VAR to review it.

And he slapped Cresswell in the face. I missed it during the game, but I've seen it back and as weak a slap as it is, it was a raised hand and a red card in the modern game.

Both Taylor and VAR 'missed' it, but had it been the other way round, Reguilon would have gone down and forced VAR to review it.
    OCS, I hadn't noticed that either, but what with his and Son's behaviour, if you never hated Spuds before, you'd be wondering why not - absolutely disgraceful conduct from both of them.

I brought this up earlier. I thought striking someone (no matter how weak) is a sending off offence. Has that ruling changed?
  • Clearly for Spurs it has
  • I didn't see the slap but it was obvious something had occured out of shot because Fabianski ( normally Mr Calm) came hurtling across and was outraged
  • Glad to see spurs upset our players .Means its not just us
  • For those that haven't seen it:

It's something of nothing really, but Reguilon charges in to confront Zouma for pole-axing Son and as Cresswell ushers him away, Reguilon slaps him in the face. I mean, I've had more forceful sneezes, but the fact remains it was a raised hand.

And he also took a horrendous dive in the second half as Johnson had the audacity to run beside him which could have been a yellow card in itself, so he was incredibly lucky to stay on the pitch.
  • Reguilon only playing the big man as he knows full well he is in a football match with cameras on him, I doubt he'd have the courage to get in Zouma's face any other time.

Some footballers are such idiots, they act like little children when they get the slightest of knocks and roll around for five minutes as though in agony and at other times like to play the big man when they know they are protected by cameras. Son and Reguilon managed to demonstrate this all in about twenty seconds. Just get on with it.
  • What I did find odd about this game is that, why did he bring in Masuaku to play LWB when he hasn’t played for months & Fornals player the role really well only a few weeks ago? Seemed odd to me.
  • Its being reported that videos are appearing which show Antonio whacking Dier and this is being investigated by the PL and possible retrospective action of a red card issued.
  • In that case he’ll get a 3 game ban
  • edited March 2022
    He sort of deserves it for being so thick. It's about the most thinly disguised elbow in the history of football. I am amazed he wasn't sent off at the time and his only hope is that they may not want to revisit something three days after the match as it does sort of make them look silly for taking so long. With such a big few games coming up, for him to do that is beyond stupid.
  • edited March 2022
    And if the worst happens, we can then cite Romero the thug on Cressy.
    IMO much more justifiable.

The FA will let it go and then find a different way to punish us in a later game
  • Its being reported that videos are appearing which show Antonio whacking Dier and this is being investigated by the PL and possible retrospective action of a red card issued.

Reported by whom? Anyone reputable?
  • Keith Hacket has seen the video and referred it to the PL as he was curious as to why neither the ref nor VAR picked it up.
  • edited March 2022
    thorn, That's really nice of him to do that. He has reported on offences that went unpunished in previous matches in his column which should have gone in our favour but it appears he hasn't bothered to anything about referring them to the FA.
  • I doubt it will come to anything now as it’s nearly Thursday. Had it been noticed Monday I’d expect him to face a ban.
  • edited March 2022

Keith Hacket has seen the video and referred it to the PL as he was curious as to why neither the ref nor VAR picked it up.

Then surely Reguilon's slap on Cresswell and Son's blatant simulation which started all the handbags with the ref being surrounded and holding up the game is well deserving of retrospective action.

• Bubbles, Son falling over after he ran into the referee should be looked at as well.
  • Son should be looked at because of who he is =)
  • Bubbles, Son falling over after he ran into the referee should be looked at as well.

I thought that was hilarious. He ran into someone and just dropped to the floor, trying to con a free kick. I wonder how long it took him to realize it was the ref he hit.
  • I don't think there are two players who would con a penalty more than Kane or Son, can it be coincidence they both play for Spurs. Horrible players.
  • I don't think there are two players who would con a penalty more than Kane or Son, can it be coincidence they both play for Spurs. Horrible players.

I think Salah is right up there too.

How about Vardy?

How about Vardy?
  • Grealish?
  • edited March 2022
    My mate Charlie who used to play for Thorpe athletic in Southend. He used to claim he was taken out regularly by the penalty spot or the goalposts.