Spurs (a) 4:30pm Sunday 20th March Sky Sports

Comments

• alderz said:

Ah, I see now that we've scored from a corner Taylor will now penalise us at every subsequent one.

It was definitely a foul by Zouma though. I think we often don’t get the rub of the green, but I’m not sure I disagree with any decisions yet
    I'm not so sure. That kind of contact happens at every corner in every game. The defender just chose to go down and Taylor bought it.
  • We have not been at our best but Spurs are only one goal ahead. All to play for. Masuraku looks lost and I suspect will be replaced by Fornals.
  • alderz said:

Ah, I see now that we've scored from a corner Taylor will now penalise us at every subsequent one.

It was definitely a foul by Zouma though. I think we often don’t get the rub of the green, but I’m not sure I disagree with any decisions yet
    I'm not so sure. That kind of contact happens at every corner in every game. The defender just chose to go down and Taylor bought it.
    Definitely a foul IMO
  • Zouma isn’t having a great game on the right of a three. I’d be tempted to move to a 4 of Johnson, Dawson, Zouma, Cresswell. Either get Masuaku off or move him up to play on the wing
  • The push by Zouma was before the kick was taken. what normally happens is the ref would stop the game, talk to the players allow the kick to be taken then blow for a foul by the attacking side - whether anything happens or not :-)
  • Agree with the 4, but replace Arthur with Fornals.
  • I think Romero is one of my most disliked players. He seems like a genuinely awful bloke.
  • We need to withstand this early pressure this time. They’ve come out meaning business.
  • Benrahma went down so easy, but you’ve seen those given before.
  • edited March 2022
    Benrahma gets pushed over right in front of Taylor, then they go up the other end and nearly score.

Son goes down like he's been shot when the ball was kicked towards the corner flag, their players react, but no booking as far as I can see.

Should never ref us.
  • We’re making a double change after 53 minutes?!
  • Please, buy a striker in the summer. Just someone that can finish.
  • Antonio needs to do better with that..
  • That is LAZY again from Antonio. He’s so frustrating. Focus man.
  • Bad miss by Antonio, has to hit the target there.
  • Antonio off

That's a first

Maybe still feeling his hamstring
  • Bad miss by Antonio, has to hit the target there.

And that's his last action, Yarmo on for him, and Fornals for Masuaku.
  • Antonio off

That's a first

Maybe still feeling his hamstring

Put in a shift with extra time a couple of days ago.
  • Hugely optimistic from Yarmo there, surely has to go across the keeper.
  • Better atm though!
  • I know we're losing, but we are a good side these days.
  • Doing well here

Same problem as usual, just lack cutting edge from open play

But the lads are doing great
  • if we equalise I'm convinced we will win this.
  • Romero is brilliant. Is he always this good? I don’t watch much of spurs.
  • I wish Cresswell would just cross it first time. Always takes a touch and slows things down.
  • Romero is brilliant. Is he always this good? I don’t watch much of spurs.

He’s horrible, but yes. He was great at Atalanta too. He’s really aggressive like Rudiger, but I’ve seen him celebrate in peoples faces, go down easy, and hush generally be an unlikeable guy.
  • Yarmo needs to stay in the box. Our attackers have this habit of going out wide and crossing it to the empty space that they should be in.
  • Son trying to get a foul off Anthony Taylor now =)
  • We've slowed right down. And have zero composure in the final third. We're definitely good for a point here, but need to find a bit of finesse up front.
  • Would like to see distance numbers after this game. I think Rice will be a lot lower than normal.