Full confidence in our professional refs

Comments

• We'll have to get the slizzster onto it...

;wave

I wish I could but I can't, the blighter blocked me years ago....I called him out and invited DG to a convo when The Ginger Muppet tried to make out that neither of our owners has put their own money into the club.

I don't think he was too happy that I did that, plus it was late...I'd lay money he'd been drinking.
  • edited April 2016

Eski - I stopped reading after the first line, which was already inaccurate when he claimed Bilic had spoken about refereeing decisions 'relentlessly' and 'week after week'.

This is a line from the article:

Bilic is on a mission to make sure any blame for a failure from his team to make the top four this season is laid firmly at the door of referees.
    Which is absolute guff.
    I had a feeling this article was coming....last week after the Kouyate red card was appealed/rescinded the Moose was banging on about how we've had terrible decisions go against us and Durham was tweeting him as well as mentioning it on the show. He wound up a couple of WHU fans and said we should be getting on with it....just because a few decisions went against us....

What he does is look at the reaction.....then build a bigger "story" for the Mail column. It's just attention seeking and to keep getting him noticed for the show.

Absolute twonk.
  • ;lol Excellent

He's blocked me too... I took it as a compliment ;biggrin
  • This was one of his best...... (worst)....he blocked me on another account for reminding him of it ;biggrin

Screenshot_2015-02-05-13-27-36
  • ;biggrin ;doh
  • My take on it we ARE having no rub of green whether sub conciously refs are against us I dont know
    If pen at Everton and Chelski were given even though outside box then Lanzinis was a nailed on pen Vardy 2nd goal was no diff to Caroll clash with Payet disallowed goal so totally baffled by it all ;puzzled
  • edited April 2016
    Talk sport get money when people call their phone line don't they?

So they want people to generat reaction and it doesn't matter if that is fact.

The Zeig Hail is just rag that I wouldn't want my fish and chips in.

Match made in heaven.
  • I'd be far more concerned if The Daily Mail started supporting West Ham. It's a compliment to us that they have an agenda against the club. ;wink
  • I'd be far more concerned if The Daily Mail started supporting West Ham. It's a compliment to us that they have an agenda against the club. ;wink

;nonono ;nonono ;nonono ;nonono
  • Talk sport get money when people call their phone line don't they?

So they want people to generat reaction and it doesn't matter if that is fact.

The Zeig Hail is just rag that I wouldn't want my fish and chips in.

Match made in heaven.

Phone in is pennies compared to adverts..that's where the real money is.
  • I read Dullards piece it was truly biased and awful its biggest flaw was that it was a singular view on ;scarf incidents and there was no like for like comparision with incidents with other teams getting decisions if the Chelsea or Everton pens were given then Lanzinis was exactly the same well not quite he WAS in the box ;angry
  • Actually AKA he does sometimes provide good examples of scenarios.....in order to back his point up..but on this occassin he was flat out on the wind up.
  • What I meant to point out that he just said Lanzini wasnt pen did not compare them to pens against us made no comparision with Payet goal and AC foul to Vardy his comparision was purely decisions Arsenal did not get worse where he said AC should been sent off he totally neglected Gabriel exactly same first 10 min ;ok
  • PL has moved Kevin Friend from reffing the Spurs game because he's a Leicester fan.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36042805
  • Mrs Grey, So why did they appoint him for the game in the 1st place, the boses surely are aware where he comes from etc ;doh ;wave
  • edited April 2016
    jay, I think the issue is because now at this late in the season, Spurs are challenging Leicester for the title. I don't know how they allocate refs - but if they simply do randomly by some computer programme, they maybe programme in all the 'prohibitions' at the start of the season and then let the computer do its thing every week?

He would have been barred from reffing any Leicester games from the get-go, but presumably they wouldn't have know that Spurs and Leics would be rivals at this late stage... so wouldn't have programmed a ban for him at the start...

;hmm

• Yeh u r correct, I have now read another article.
    So he's a supposed Leicester supporter and spurs were worried or their fans started on Twitter that they have a ref who wants Leicester to win the league etc...
    Mmm...
    Appointments for games are made on Mondays so they knew the league positions before the appointments, if they had any worry about this they should not have appointed him for that game to start with, IMO they have bowed down to pressure / covering themselves incase Friend had made a real mess of the game and robbed spurs etc.
    It just would have been wiser in 1st place to appoint a different ref....
  • jay

I think he is definitely a Leicester supporter.

I agree that in retrospect it might have been better to name someone else from the off, but then you could just as easily argue that it showed they had full confidence in his ability and probity.
  • Grey, but now they have removed him from the game shows that they do not have the faith...
    Does this also mean that ref & Sunderland supporter Jonathan Moss should not be allowed to ref any games relating to other teams at bottom, think it's a poor decision to start with and perhaps even poorer to remove him from the spurs game ;ok
  • Disagree jay. They have faith in him but fear the fans won't, and considering the conspiracy theories aired on this site they are probably right. ;ok
  • Iron / Grey ;ok understand where u coming from, so Iron u actually telling me that they do care about the fans ;nonono ;wink
  • Well, in this case, Spurs fans anyway. ;lol
  • I think I am right in saying the ref for the Cup Final against Liverpool was changed because the originally appointed ref came fro the Wirral.
    There was no suggestion he might be biased and I doubt he was never appointed to ref other Everton or Liverpool matches!
  • Well it would seem there are very few WHU fan refs out there based on their recent performances.
  • edited April 2016
    So we managed for Leicesters two goals, number 1 and number 3, the ref #shouldhavegonetospecssavers ;angry
  • Personally I think it would be a good start if after the game the ref had to step out to the press and answer their questions. He could then explain his point of view on situations and might, in some instances actually admit he got it wrong. THAT would help a lot in getting their respect back.
  • I agree wholeheartedly Munich.
  • ;clap Munich. I must admit, despite being on the receiving end of countless dubious decisions this season, which has honestly led me in to doubting my own sanity at times, I do actually feel for the refs. They are asked to make snap decisions in an atmosphere of intimidation, gamesmanship and down right cheating, and will make mistakes, this is why some type of video assistance is needed. I can`t see any other way, refs need help. But equally refs should be held accountable, a post game press conference is a great idea. ;ok
  • Munich, even the Twonk said they should do that.