Full confidence in our professional refs

Comments

• I'd think he'd received my cheque
  • So, it's the FA Cup replay.

We're leading by a single goal going in to time added on, of which there are 4 minutes.

The clock has gone in to the 95th minute, and Man U break into our half.

And stop here....

If there had been no other reason to carry on adding more time as we all know "it's the minimum amount added"

Then this is where you stop it.

Not with the ball in/around the six yard box or about to enter the net.

#YouAreTheRef
    #ShootMagazine
  • I 100% believe the ref in that clip just like Clive Thomas made a monumental mistake

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it, others of course are free to have their own opinions which will be respected

But are of course wrong ;biggrin

#AllRISE
  • Anyway, looks like Clattenburg has got wind of the decision

IMG_20160405_131205
  • edited April 2016

So, it's the FA Cup replay.

We're leading by a single goal going in to time added on, of which there are 4 minutes.

The clock has gone in to the 95th minute, and Man U break into our half.

How many people aren't screaming at the ref to blow the whistle?

The ball goes wide, and Mata delivers a peach of a cross.

As Rooney shapes to volley, the ref blows up.

Rooney makes the sweetest contact, and the ball screams into the net.

How many people feel the ref made a mistake?

The ref has definitely made a mistake, but, if we win on pens I'd most likely forget about his error. If we lost the shootout, I'd remember that ref forever and he'd likely end up with a horse's head on his pillow courtesy of the Austin mafia.

#notbiasedoranything

• Still haven't forgiven Keith Hackett
  • I'm going to go with 9. Arsenal get to play with 12 players after a 2-4-1 half time substitution and no one bothers to count or notice
  • Yeah it is....

False alarm...everyone stand down

#AllRise

Blimey!

Stand down, all rise

Shouldn't this be on the Fit & Healthy thread? ;poormf
  • ;lol ;poormf
  • ;hmm

First paragraph, refers to refs judging tackles.

But it wasn't a tackle was it. There were 2 players competing for the ball that was there to be won.

So I'm already a bit ;hmm about the article.
  • Para 3 'it took a commission 3 days to announce'

The writer has phrased it in a way that tries to give a negative view of the length of time it took, as a way of criticising the FA...

.. but it can't take less, on account of the established schedule to allow time for the ref's report to be submitted, and the time allowed to the appealing Club to submit its evidence. And then then the panel has to be convened, according to the normal routine, assess the evidence and reach a decision. And then the FA has to put out its press release.

So not sure how the timescale is in any way relevant to the argument he is building...

• Although, I though it had to be unanimous - the writer of the article seems to say it can be a majority.

;hmm Will have to investigate.
  • One wonders if we actually lodged an appeal or whether it was rescinded by the panel without our appeal.
  • edited April 2016
    No, there has to be an appeal.

They don't have a panel that just reviews all reffing decisions and rights wrongs pro-actively.

Also as per the club announcement
    West Ham United can confirm that a Football Association Regulatory Commission has upheld the Club’s claim for wrongful dismissal in respect of the red card shown to Cheikhou Kouyate against Crystal Palace.
  • Must have been a great disappointment for Mr Sam Wallace (the author of the article) - he claims neutrality but a quick perusal of his 'previous' suggests that he is a Gooner through and through. He used to be correspondent on the Independant until his boss moved to the Telegraph and hired him to replace Henry Winter (who has moved on to the Times).
    If you can be bovvered check out some of his old stuff - he don't like us!
    Oh - and his article is absolute uninformed tripe. ;wink
  • Checked behind the sofa and can't find any bothered there. It's probably all in a cupboard in the "thankyoutaxpayer stadium"
  • Oh and ......... He (Sam Wallace), really doesn't have much of a background in 'football' - for most of his working life he is described as a news correspondent. He left uni with an English Lit. Degree and went to work, initially at the Telegraph as an office boy (sorry newsroom trainee).
    But - he did say, when somebody bothered to interview him "I have always liked football" - so that's alright then.
  • When you see this tackle, see that the ref saw it and deemed it not to be a foul, then I don't see how I can have any faith in today's refs:

• Preston - but Gabriel is an Arsenal player - so that must be a perfectly legitimate tackle - I just don't think you understand. ;wink
  • Sam Wallace [Telegraph] thinks the red card being rescinded is to do with political wheeler dealings within the FA.

Referee Mark Clattenburg is again hung out to dry by the FA after key decision is overturned...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/06/referee-mark-clattenburg-is-hung-out-to-dry-by-the-fa/
  • Did Wallace write a piece on why Vardy never received a yellow, or more, for his tackle on Davis in the Southampton game?
  • No ;whome

Not allowed to say anything negative about Leicester or it's players..
  • Oh sorry. Forgot about that ;doh
  • That's ok. Just don't do it again.
  • Just seen the Lazio v Roma game - the ref was utterly shocking - at least SIX straight mistakes all obvious and three of them leading directly to goals , don't think even clatters could have managed that
  • Talking about refs....if we should progress to the semi final of FA cup...
    Ref appointed : Everton v West Ham / Man Utd...

Anthony Taylor ( this is not a belated Aprils fools ).... ;run