Dimi Payet; the Epilogue

Comments

• edited January 2017
    If he had gone to the board and to Slaven and told them that he had to leave because of his family but continued to play his best until such time as an agreement was made between us and a n other club, I would have happily accepted that, but to effectively go on strike, be given a bit of time to think it over and then still insist he wasn't going to ever play for us again, really (inserts multiple swear words). I want him gone and if OM don't meet the asking price, then I would rather he stayed at home, well away from our club and training ground, just in case he infects our young players.

I wouldn't have expected to him to bear his soul to the fans for his reasons for wanting to go but he should have sat down and spoken to Slaven and the DD's.
  • The guy just seems to only think of himself whilst others pick up the bill. When you see it from Marsailles view he asked to leave and was allowed to, may well have refused to play for all we know, they sell him for 10m and then have to pay 25m to get him back, and the thing is he is unlikely to have improved but rather just suited the premiership and took it by surprise in the first season here, will he do anything he didn't before for them?

I am wondering if he is marked goods within those who know as he was not being picked for France and very few other clubs appear to have been interested, perhaps this outcome was always inevitable and for once we have been the benefactors as he definitely helped the club appear on the up which would likely have helped the season ticket sales in the all important first season in our new home, we fans had a truly world class player to watch and have now made a 15m profit.

I would rather him have stayed and become the true Hammers legend he was on his way to becoming, but if that was impossible at least we did ok from the whole saga when reflecting upon it.
  • IronHerb said:

Jinxed on KUMB saying Payet deal agreed.

Lets hope so.

and says its for 23 / 24m with some add ons.

We got ripped off.
  • I never expected him to stay that long and become a legend but I thought he'd still get cult status because of how he entertained us, something on the level of Tevez. But it's gone and it's completely his fault, whatever the reason.
  • He is but a grain of sand on the West Ham beach..............
  • Go now, go walk out the door
    Just turn around now
    'Coz you're not welcome anymore
    Weren't you the one who tried to break me with goodbye?
    Did you think I'd crumble?
    Did you think I'd lay down and die?
    Oh no not I, I will survive....
  • Mrs Grey it wasnt him it was you!

;wahoo
  • edited January 2017
    Reckon the deal is agreed for DP

The daves just don't want to announce it yet, they wanna spend the reddies first before other clubs put their prices up as they know how much money there is to spend.

This is what Levy did, got in seven players then sold Bale last minute.
  • Just been to kumb.com and at the top of the page there was a banner (probably) linking to the club store. I was really surprised to see that banner still featured Payet.
    The way he has treated the club I think he would have been deleted.
  • Go now, go walk out the door
    Just turn around now
    'Coz you're not welcome anymore
    Weren't you the one who tried to break me with goodbye?
    Did you think I'd crumble?
    Did you think I'd lay down and die?
    Oh no not I, I will survive....

images

deserves a claret n blue disco ball...
  • According to SSN a deal for Payet is miles away. Can't agree on a fee or how any fee would be paid. Looks like this is going to the wire one way or another but likely to scupper any Hogan deal.
  • edited January 2017
    baz, you're right - falling on his head ;biggrin
  • Which goes to show... All that glisters is not David Gold ;run
  • Latest rumoured offer is £27.2m, with £3m in add ons, according to the Times.
  • IronHerb said:

Jinxed on KUMB saying Payet deal agreed.

Lets hope so.

Sky say the deal is miles away, other newspapers say fee still not agreed ;hmm
  • Nearly £26m at todays E/R - with the money we'll save on wages to the summer, thats around £28million - Taxi for payet...
  • Take it and move on

We've just lashed out 15m one more signing and we're done and dusted lovely
  • Nearly £26m at todays E/R - with the money we'll save on wages to the summer, thats around £28million - Taxi for payet...

I don't think they should. That would simply mean that Payet and OM get what they wanted all along. OM should have to pay the 30m pounds we allegedly want. If we actually keep him until summer we will have to pay his wages but imho it would be a start at moving the power back to the players. In fact, play hardball then and Payet will have to think really hard about whether he rally wants to play in the world cup or not as I can't see tge French calling him up if he isn't playing.

The players have way too much power these days and I really think that with the Sky money the PL could work on taking power back.
  • Take the money, will should then be able to finally sort out the Hogan deal. For me swapping a want away Payet for Fonte, Snodgrass and Hogan is good business.
  • I see your point Munich, and to an extent I agree, but if he stayed it would be like a cloud hanging over the club; a bad smell you just can't shift; like when you want to go to your local but you know your ex will be in there with her new boyfriend Tom who wears skinny jeans and loafers with no socks, even though it's January and he's too fat to be wearing skinny jeans anyway but because it's what all of the hipsters are wearing he thinks it's acceptable to walk around looking like Yosemite Sam.

So yeah, I say we cut our losses and sell.
  • Yep, time to say 'deal'.

It's time he was gone..... gone for good.
  • OCS, you're not talking from experience, are you ;biggrin
  • OCS - If we sell him for less than what we have been advocating all season then it will send out a message to all other players. Come to West Ham, earn a fortune, leave any time you like. The World Cup should be so important to Dimi that he will do almost anything to be part of it. Clubs have so little power nowadays that I really think we should play hardball!
  • I feel like if it's the case Dimi gets everything he wanted..
    Saying that we are getting rid of a problem....
    Pity that no other French team came in for him, but I'd be content on the deal just to get rid...
  • Sell for the good of the team we could get two three extra places in league which would cover the difference in money
  • But we don't know the intricacies of the deal such as add ons, sell on etc.
    We won't be far short of £30m imo.
  • Munich - so what's the alternative? If no-one bids £30m then we keep him for five years, paying him £100k a week for having a kick about with the U23s?
  • And in loafers too.....