Dimi Payet; the Epilogue

Comments

• I get that Aldz, but I think we suffer more for not waiving that £2m than Marseille do for not paying it, if you see what I mean.

No. Because ;quaver We've got Payet
  • Who'd have thought that "We've got Payet" would sound like a kidnapper's ransom demand! :-)
  • Also IMO when the bid is Xmillion + Zmillion add ons, those add ons could be for hitting targets the player or team may never, or at least unlikely get, so if the bid was £25m + £3m add ons, don't think of it as a £28m bid, but just a £25m bid really with a Brucie bonus chance at getting a little extra bunce.
  • Id take the 25M whatever the add ons were. I just want him out and when do we ever buy a player and sell him for 15M more. Spurs and others seem to but we dont. Take the 25M, buy Hogan and get Payet out
  • edited January 2017
    Dimitri Payet will continue to train with West Ham's development squad, but has told them he will not participate in any U23 matches - Daily Mail
  • So... he's refusing to do his job? Fine him 2 weeks wages every time he refuses to do something and he'll owe us money ;ok
  • edited January 2017
    Alderz ;ok
    I'm certainly not defending him, for what ... But the club could also just be playing it safe, fear of injury etc, the same reason IMO why he cannot be loaned, just get shot ;ok
  • I hope we fined him 2 weeks worth when he initially refused to play ( and we keep on fining him if he is genuinely continuing to say he will not play ) ;angry
  • Shooting him is a bit drastic Jay ;biggrin
  • LeQuipe say Marseille are confident a deal will be done by Tuesday. Apparently we have threatened to report them to FIFA about tapping up. So they will cough up with the money
  • As far as I am aware, while he is attending training when asked, he is keeping to his side of the deal as far as footballer's contracts go. The argument that refusing to play matches is an issue is that if we didn't pay him for refusing to play, he could then say he would play, and if picked purposely play poorly, which of course is not in our interest.

I'm not saying I agree with this rule, but as far as I am aware this is why only sticking to training is a contractually binding part.
  • I'm not sure I want him anywhere near our under 23s.
  • Just got this from Twitter:

Capture

#fingeronpulse
  • I got something similar Grey ;hmm

Screenshot_2017-01-19-21-27-57_1

Screenshot_2017-01-19-21-27-57_1_1

She's got loads of followers, apparently.

All of them Hamstew.
  • I remember a few years back buying my WHU away shirt from world soccer shop.com,

A couple of days later I got an e-mail from the site that said something like, those who bought this item may be interested in this item etc etc and attached a link

The link went to a Chelsea shirt, ;doh
  • Jinxed on KUMB saying Payet deal agreed.

Lets hope so.
  • edited January 2017
    It still makes me a little bit sad. We were so in love and now it's ended. ;weep
  • MrsGrey said:

It still makes me a little bit sad. We were so in love and now it's ended. ;weep

Crikey. You seemed so close. How did he take it? Who gets the cats?
  • The sadest part is the way he has gone about it....
    I think most of us concede he and his family are/ have been homesick....
    If only he had handled it differently and spoke from the heart from the get go.....
    Sadly it will leave a bitter taste and hard to swallow.
  • However much people want him gone it is/will still be very sad when he goes.

I had him up there with Di Canio amongst the most exciting players I have ever seen in a West Ham shirt (I've followed since the 1980s) such was his genius quality - and I would have still had him up there after he left (because it was always going to impossible to keep him at West Ham) but the circumstances of his departure have now changed my mind completely.
  • I'm not even sad about it, tbh. I'm over it, I'm over him. He is a tiny blip in our history.
  • Absolutely Ald.
  • MrsGrey said:

Do we get to keep the house, the car and the dog?
  • Feel sorry for all those who bought Hammers shirts with his name on especially the kids. They should make him peel every name off! ;wink