TV and Films

Comments

• You should modernise 64.
    I just stick a tape in the vhs and press play and record at the same time. It's magic ;ok
  • Has anyone seen "Welcome To Me", starring Kirsten Wiig? Enjoyed and recommend are not words I would use because it might not be to everybody's taste but I would pay to see it again. A very black comedy about a California lottery winner [with a "border-line personality disorder"] who funds her own day-time chat show, with no guests, on a financially ailing TV station so that she can talk about herself.
  • Played 5 aside now bake off time ;wahoo
  • GBBO

;bowdown
  • edited August 2015
    I here twin peaks season 3 in 2016
  • edited August 2015
    Twin peaks
  • Anyone else watch American Horror Story? I absolutely love it. The first three series are on netflix and I'm just re watching them now.
  • If you've got netflix it's on there ;biggrin no season 4 yet though, and I can't even get it on disc from lovefilm either!
  • Yeah good stuff ;ok
  • On flight from London to Bangladesh watched:
    Avengers: Age of Ultron - Not as bad as some people told me, don't expect that from these films and it was better than Iron Man 3.

Chappy – Alright. Felt like it could've been better.

Then yesterday watched Escobar: Paradise Lost. Another meh but passed the time.
  • I would like to save some fellow Hammers three hours of their lives. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE TEMPTED TO WATCH BOYHOOD. It is the most boring non event EVER committed to film. Truly awful.

As for the Great British Bake Off. Love all cookery programmes/competitions. Mel & Sue I would love to put in a blender.
  • watched Mission Impossible. The new one, not that bad actually.

Watched Inside Out, tear jerker ;weep. But if you have kids completely recommend this (as a psychologist also) to any young kids that want to learn about emotions. I swear half the cinema cried near the end.
  • Yeold. Two films I have on my "to see" list. I love the Mission Impossible films. Not Tom Cruises biggest fan, but these are great entertainment. Also saw a film called Edge Of Tomorrow/Live Die Repeat recently starring Mr Cruise and that was also very good. Will recommend my two and the Mrs go and see Inside Out over the holidays. Talking of cartoons and tear jerkers. The first ten minutes of Up. ;weep Went to the pictures and saw the new Jurassic movie a couple of weeks back, again great entertainment, although possibly a little predictable. MJ, also saw Pacific Rim recently and thought it was very entertaining, but not quite as good as Transformers, and of course no Megan Fox ;diva ;phew
  • Anyone seen the film Barton Fink? ;wink
  • edited August 2015
    NO!

Not fit to grace the DVD player. ;wink
  • ;doh ;lol

Took me a minute to work that out.

I was thinking ;puzzled I liked it.
  • edited August 2015
    Barton Fink yes I have seen that John Goodman and John Turtorro was in it I think , the only good Barton I know of ;lol
  • There used to be a really good bakers called Bartons, in Walthamstow. Did great doughnuts. Got taken over by Percy Ingles though. Mind you, their doughnuts are excellent as well.
  • edited August 2015
    Don`t know if this has been done already over the previous 30 pages, but my daughter has recently introduced me to a fantastic new (to me) TV programme, and that is Modern Family. Have always liked American comedy, and have also recently started watching The Big Bang Theory which is great and am a big fan of Friends, Frasier, Everybody Loves Raymond etc. But I think Modern Family (at times) tops the lot. A slightly unusual format, but the acting and writing are first class, and it is genuinely laugh out loud funny. ;biggrin ;ok
  • Just sitting here watching Keanu reeves over act with an appalling English accent in Dracula.

Just started watching Gotham as it's now on Netflix. Very good so far. The tv series of Daredevil was also very good
  • Watching Masterchef Junior. Is it ok to hate an arrogant 12-year-old?
  • Outcast

Certainly!
  • GBBO day ;wahoo ;bowdown
  • ;cake ;cake ;cake
  • Just started new girl
    3 ep's in but very funny
  • edited August 2015
    Madcap ;ok love modern family.. Also love 2 broke girls ;diva ..I tend to only watch comedy rather than heavy stuff!.. Recently here in SA we got new series of Blandings and Raised by Wolves , which both I love ;run ;ok
  • Jay ;ok Unfortunately I don`t have much time for TV, but there are countless series I see snippets of, or see advertised etc that I would love to watch but simply don`t get the time. One that really appeals, as I like horror/zombies etc is American Horror Story. The quality of a lot of the TV series now (mostly American) is incredibly high, so much to see, so little time.
  • Madcap - American Horror Story is excellent. A bit gruesome at times though so not for the squeamish. I love the fact that each series is a new concept with the same cast (Murder House, Asylum, Coven, Freak Show, Hotel)
  • Wrath ;ok Will have to make a determined effort then.