TV and Films

Comments

• Last film i went to see was Shaun the Sheep with a 2 year old ;biggrin
  • edited May 2015
    Mad Max was good totally bonkers crazy.

Sticking a Mustang on top of tank tracks is some what ingenious.
    Also the guy with the guitar and fire coming out the end ;bowdown non stop rocking !
  • Anybody watching W1A ?
    Absolutely brilliant
    Just what you'd think the BBC would be like ;ok
  • edited May 2015
    Hannibal season 3 and True Detective season 2 returning soon. ;wahoo
  • David Lynch to direct a new Twin Peaks! ;wahoo
  • edited May 2015
    Grey - he quit and then came back again, he could quit again before it comes out.

Ye old - no, the original Mad Max with Mel Gibson before he became famous and went totally hatstand cannot be beat.

Anybody watch "Just call Saul"?
  • Yep, finished Just Call Saul. I enjoyed it, ends when you want it to get going though.
  • Not for a while now.

Feel free to start one.
  • Completed Broadchurch last week - ;bowdown

Late to the party but just starting breaking bad.
  • Rav - started that around a year ago.

Into the 4th season. ;ok
  • I'm only 2 episodes in so far.

very slow for me at the mo but theres so much hype around it i will stick with it.
  • The Business - great film ;biggrin
  • edited May 2015
    I'm only 2 episodes in so far.

very slow for me at the mo but theres so much hype around it i will stick with it.
    There are a fair few 'slow' episodes, generally used to develop the characters involved.

But just stick with it. It's worth it. Genius.
  • 'Better to be someone for a day than no one for a lifetime'
  • Definitely stick with it.... #BreakingBad ;bowdown
  • all my programs are ending again ;weep

only 3 more episodes left of Marvels Agents of Shield and Game of Thrones and i think there is only 3 more left in the Blacklist.

;weep ;weep ;weep ;weep

have to wait till Autumn for Walking Dead and Doctor Who
  • We went to see the new Mad Max film last night, it was proper bonkers.

I love going to the flicks.
  • GoT has only been running a short while Yeold, the book for this season was quite thick (unless they are planning two series from it) so it should have longer to run, there have been a couple of departures from the book though - the election of Jon Snow to Commander of the nights watch was a bit more involved in the book, Sam and his crows had more of a hand in it with an almost unanimous vote in favour.

Sana Stark was kept at the Eyrie by Petyr Baelish (he got rid of her aunts rug rat and took the Castle, Lands and Titles as his own by right of marriage and intended to marry Sansa as the replacement for not winning the hand of her mother) and Ramsay Bolton was married to a girl who used to be a Servant at Winterfell who had a more than a passing resemblance to Arya Stark in order to claim Winterfell, with Theon Greyjoy being the witness as to her authenticity as Arya.

There are a couple of other things as well so I can only think that at some point there will be a major departure from the stories in the books to maybe make the TV series a bit more interesting and viewer friendly. I am sort of hoping it is regarding one of the main characters demise in the not too distant future (which I think is the biggest turn off for most, just gets interesting and they get the chop) - will be very interesting if they are kept alive.

Also there is a conspicuous absence of young Brandon Stark (the one who cant walk) so far, maybe he is in later episodes but I am sure he should be in there.
  • ;lol I so enjoyed reading that. It made absolutely no sense whatsoever ;wahoo
  • Not a Throney then Mrs G?
  • ;lol Not at all.

I like fantasy epics, historical dramas, dynastic and internecine batles AND swords and sorcery-dragony type stuff. So it seems on face value that it would be my kind of thing, but I have to confess that from what I have read - reviews, comments, etc - it doesn't appeal.
  • ;lol Not at all.

I like fantasy epics, historical dramas, dynastic and internecine batles AND swords and sorcery-dragony type stuff. So it seems on face value that it would be my kind of thing, but I have to confess that from what I have read - reviews, comments, etc - it doesn't appeal.
  • edited May 2015
    Admeus its 10 episodes a series and next episode is episode 7 i believe. I know GOT isnt over plenty more series at least 2 more after this one. But i meant in terms of this series this year 3 more episodes till its over and the 1 year wait begins.

I know they have heavily drive away from the books now. Characters are dead that shouldnt be some are alive that shouldnt be and so on.

It was confirmed before this season even began that Brandon stark Hodor and Co would not feature at all this series they are on a 1 year hiatus. As where they are in comparison to the books is way far ahead of everyone else. They are essentially bringing everyone else up to speed with where they are.
  • Yeold

Finished The Blacklist (US broadcasts) - very interesting finale, setting up an intriguing 3rd series.
  • Can't wait for the new series of Octonauts ! oh wait that's my two year old, at least i won't have to watch the same episodes again and again and again ;wahoo
  • 9pm tonight on Quest, Evel Knieval film premiere. ;wheelie
  • finished blacklist didnt realise it was finale thought there was 2 more. :o

Rewatched Shaun of the Dead still hands down one of my fave films. British comedy done right.
  • Shaun of the Dead is utterly brilliant...