TV and Films

Comments

• Watched Edge of Tomorrow enjoyed watching Tom Cruise getting killed repeatedly . A bit of a silly story but a decent pop corn film and Tom being amusing cowardly
  • Watched Edge of Tomorrow enjoyed watching Tom Cruise getting killed repeatedly . A bit of a silly story but a decent pop corn film and Tom being amusing cowardly
    ;lol
  • edited March 2015
    House of Cards is brilliant

Completely disagree about blacklist, not a one show wonder imo. James Spader is brilliant, currently one of my favourite actors on TV and the story line is still brilliant.
  • m_h

Well, apparently you aren't watching it...

Not sure where you get the idea it has 'loads of pretty faces'.

It's great 'popcorn' watching, for me.

It isn't 'The Wire' or 'The West Wing', but then, it isn't trying to be.

For me, it is the modern equivalent of shows like Mission Impossible or The Saint.
  • Blacklist i guess is different to you and I

HOC though, definitely good not best TV show for me though. Game of Thrones takes that title quite easily by a country mile. HOC i found particular last series, has a good start then drops for a few episodes then picks up towards the end, imo very inconsistent. But when it is good it definitely is some of the best TV around.
  • edited March 2015
    My TV habits are very much all over the place.

I love Marvels agents of shield, even if it is cheesey (also best Female looking cast i ever seen in a TV program ;carew)
    I love GOT then again who doesn't.
    I love the Walking dead, even despite some episode floundering in places.

HOC / Gotham / Blacklist / Mentalist e.t.c.

I guess it depends if you have specific habits and so gravitate to certain programs or not.

EDIT: i even watch some of the BBC stuff like The Musketeers for some cheap easy going entertainment and the 100 (which to be fair the second series of the 100 really has taken the show to a whole new level, first series was pretty bad, but credit to the massive improvements in second)
  • edited March 2015
    Being told to watch Fortitude by a few people at work, one that if you can get past the first 2 episodes really kicks in later on. Anyone seen ?
  • Sorry, m_h, when you wrote 'Blacklist is dire' I assumed that you wouldn't be watching it.

I don't watch anything I think is dire, but maybe you have to for professional reasons.

Personally, I take the show on its own terms, and enjoy it.
  • yeold ;ok , yes I've been watching Fortitude agree its got better but still not that
    good to follow imo , sticking with it but not expecting it to burst into the standard
    of Blacklist or B/Bad .

just finished 4th season of Game of Thrones Fantastic cant wait for the 5th season to start ;ok
  • Moone Boy ;ok
  • edited March 2015
    Braquo is a good french cop show watched two series so far . Quite like the Musketeers well made, decent character development pantomine villians . Just started Critical on Sky 1 not one if you are eating your dinner extremely graphic surgery scenes
  • Wolf Hall, very moody, slow paced and atmospheric due to the candlelight
    Will win awards I think
  • I enjoyed Spartacus but it was very difficult seeing past the nudity. ;biggrin
  • Being told to watch Fortitude by a few people at work, one that if you can get past the first 2 episodes really kicks in later on. Anyone seen ?
    Yes, I have watched the whole series so far, So many unanswered questions,I vow to not watch another one, until it gets to that time
  • Just a heads up for anyone who is interested - This Is Spinal Tap is showing on ITV 4 this Friday 12.20 am ;wahoo
  • Just a heads up for anyone who is interested - This Is Spinal Tap is showing on ITV 4 this Friday 12.20 am ;wahoo
    I'll turn it up to 11
    ;ok
  • ;weep Finished last episode of West Wing (all 7 series).

I'm at a loose end now.

Still, at least I have the England game to look forward to tomorrow night.

;puzzled
  • The whole thing about being able to watch TV shows in batches really makes you watch through stuff you dislike. I only finished Breaking Bad because I was bored in between applying for jobs and everyone told me it was good - I found it irritating until the last season.

I remember when I gave up on Heroes and Lost because after I missed a few episodes I couldn't catch-up.
  • Is anyone else watching Poldark? I have seen the original series that was made back in the 70's so I know what's going to happen, but I've enjoyed the episodes aired so far.

Still watching House of Cards Season 3. I've really enjoyed it, but agree that it's been a bit slower than the previous seasons. To my mind, it's more about Francis and Clare's relationship this season.

I watched 12 years a slave last night. It was a good film, but not the sort of film I'd watch again.

Going to see Big Hero 6 on Sunday, and I really want to see The Tale of the Princess Kaguya as well
  • edited March 2015
    outcast, I find exactly the opposite! ;lol

If there was a poor episode (in my old TV watching days) I'd probably still tune in the following week because ... my irritation had worn off/I felt it was surely going to be better this week/there wasn't much else on.

Now, I persevere through a couple of dud episodes (at most) and then think 'so many downloads, so little time, not gonna waste it on this'. Maybe it's an age thing. I find it happening with books and films too. Time was, my motto was 'I've started so I'll finish.' Now I'm 'You have one episode, If you can hook me in that time, you aren't trying hard enough!'. ;lol

So I said ;wave to new Dr Who (Capaldi) , Sopranos S2, The Following S1, Homeland S1, Fringe after S1.

Going to give Blacklist S2 a go this weekend. See how it shapes up.

#beanygood
    #simples
  • Homeland S1 was immense.. The rest was poor imo

24 remains my fav ;ok
  • ;thumbsup

;hmm

Might be time for a 24marathonfestwatch ;wahoo
  • Only 205 episodes by my calculations

8 series X 24 eps
    1 series X 12
    and i'm sure one had a prelude
  • edited March 2015
    I think it was s8 had the prequel - in Africa ;ok

So, that'll see me through up to the summer holidays (mid June).
  • edited March 2015
    rav, as per your suggestion, I have started re-watching 24S1.

It reminded me of something I had completely forgotten....

a few years back grey re-jigged our email notification sound on our old computers to make that 24 Doop-doop, dee-doop sound every time we got a new message ;wahoo ;lol
  • Really enjoyed the last 2 Louis Theroux documentaries that were on BBC 2
  • Starting Fortitude tonight ;ok
  • Does anyone else watch Hannibal? It's pretty dark but I'm enjoying the first series. I think Mads Mikkelsen is excellent.
  • edited April 2015
    Saw Seventh Son the movie - every Fantasy story Clique you can imagine in this film. Not a good film, though i heard it was suppose to come out in 2014 but because of companies going bust it was delayed it finished filming like 2 or 3 years ago apparently. Weird that it got released like this. Looked like it could be a good film with the cast it had.

Keep an eye out for this girl Alicia Vikander, i think she is going places and reckon she will land some pretty decent and impressive roles in the future more because she is stunningly attractive but after ex-machina and this film her portfolio should shoot right up and is a good actor.