TV and Films

Comments

• If you have a netflix account the first three series are on there to watch at your leisure
  • I finished the second season of True Detective last night and I'd give my review but I didn't have the foggiest idea what was going on! Seriously after watching 10 hours of a show I'm none the wiser than if I would have just watched 2 minutes!
  • Wrath ;ok We do indeed have Netflix. Will definitely give it a go. Ta for that. ;scary
  • "Marshland" gets my vote for this week. A Spanish film set in the immediate post- Franco period about two detectives who are sent from Madrid to investigate the disappearance of two teenage girls in Andalucia.
  • Has anyone seen 'Better Call Saul' yet?
    Loved Breaking Bad, so wanted to see this.
  • Yeah, I enjoyed it Twist. It has the same kind of humour, though plot is obviously very different.

But seeing some characters in their earlier form is cool.
  • Twist - It's pretty good, but I didn't think it was as good as Breaking Bad. Worth a watch though.
  • Thanks guys ;thumbsup
  • Sully you dodgy little so and so......

Pwoper nwaughty.......

"I know nuffink about it, I wasn't there, never seen 'em before"

Cracks me up, Claret & No Clue keeps promoting the movie by doing a competition to win two signed DVD copies......

But he keeps thinking the title of the movie is "The Rise and Fall of the Krays"..... in his headline and leading/main article lines....

It's not, it's just "The Rise of the Krays"......he's so impatient in getting his articles out there, he clearly needs to hire a proof reader.

Sully actually talks of doing a second movie which is "The fall of the Krays"
  • Perhaps the next one will be called "The Rise And Fall Of The Krays"......... a bit like The Rise And Fall Of Reginald Perrin...... ;bowdown and every time Sully thinks of our manager he pictures a..............................oh, hang on................that would be the prequel.....................
  • Its worth a watch but the acting especially the police inspector is very suspect - Definitely a "B" movie.
    Better luck with the fall ;biggrin
  • Has Narcos started on Netflix yet? Looking forward to that one.
  • We have been watching Zoo... not sure what to make of it yet.
  • So Narcos is a pretty good watch. About Pablo Escobar; his rise and American/Colombian attempts to catch him. Well made and a good watch, by today I would've finished the series in three days.

Does bug me a bit from a historical point of view, narrator is a DEA agent and it definitely whitewashes the American position in all of it, or even glorifies it. Though, I can't quite tell if that's because they'll switch the narrative on that later. Hopefully.
  • Question I have. I wouldn't be wasting 1 mill or so on a B movie when I have a football club in need of finance. Personally
    Yeah, and does he really need to have marmalade on his toast. That's good money he's spending right there that he could be putting towards a new striker ;angry

• Schmidt - New Girl - ;bowdown

We built this Schmidty
    We built this Schmidty on Tootsie Roll's
    ;quaver
  • Happy GBBO day ;wave
  • Came upstairs from the basement the othwr night.....wife is just starting to watch what apppears to be a Krays movie/programme.

I ask "what is that", "Rise of the Krays".....

"Where did you find that?", "On the Android box"

(Jumps on the couch with a packet of crisps).

It starts getting violent, the wife says she can't watch that nonsense.

She wasn't wrong, truly awful film....acting was terrible, sound/music was terrible, story line was sketchy at best.
  • Came upstairs from the basement the othwr night.....
    My mind is boggling.

• Slizz, But Davey Sullivan said its the best gangster movie of all time.. ;whistle
  • Load of old Tosh Twist.....

Quite possibly one of the worst Krays programmes I've ever seen, the old Kemp brother version was way better!
  • Schmidt - New Girl - ;bowdown

We built this Schmidty
    We built this Schmidty on Tootsie Roll's
    ;quaver
    A girl I used to work with always sang that version! Used to get stuck in my head for days!!!
  • I don't allow my husband out of the basement very often.

Slizzy you must have a very nice wife.
  • Wrath I watched that ep over a week ago and that tune is still in my head ;diva
  • edited September 2015
    Just finished Blacklist series 2.

It was very ;nonono ;lol ;hmm ;puzzled ;baldock ;doh ;icecream ;nolan ;sofa ;bowdown

Only 3 weeks to go to the start of the next series.

PS, I lied about the ;icecream
  • Mrs G, ;ok big fan of the Blacklist, no word on when its back on here. (Although I'm sure we've just finished season 3... ;hmm )
  • ;hmm

All my googling suggests S3 is being premiered on 1 October.

Are you maybe getting confused because S2 was broadcast in 2 distinct parts with a break in the middle?
  • Went and watched Legends on Friday and not quite sure what to make of it ;hmm

It was more based on the relationship between Reggie and his wife. The relationship between the brothers was not particularly explored and the fact xxxxxxxx played both would have made that difficult imo.

Ronnie was portrayed as a buffoon, a dangerous one, but as I don't know the accuracy of the portrayal it came across a bit slapstick.

The Kemp brothers version was better imo, although a little more 'glammed up'.
  • edited September 2015
    i have it on my facebook blacklist announced 3 weeks till it returns :)

James Spader ;bowdown