Couldn't Think - from January 2024

1101112131416»

Comments

• And again right at the end of the 3rd round.
  • A third count at the start of the 4th round for AJ.
  • After being rocked by a good punch from AJ in the 5th, Dubois then sends AJ to the canvas for a final time.
  • A great performance by Dubois, he was unstoppable, everyone knew AJ wanted to work behind the jab and allow the jab to control him until he left an opening, Dubois just came and came and walked through his jab before it could even get a rhythm. I would have liked see what would have developed as AJ had just caught him heavily for the first time before he got knocked out.

Dubois the better fighter and prevented AJ boxing
    AJ showed heart and resilience to keep going.

The best result now is for Usyk to beat Fury again to allow a rematch for a Dubois now full of confidence and Fury and AJ to settle that question of them two for the domestic audience before both retiring.
  • AJ, who has been running from Tyson, will now look to fight him as it's the last big money fight available to him.
  • IronHerb said:

AJ, who has been running from Tyson, will now look to fight him as it's the last big money fight available to him.

AJ has been running from Fury? Really?

In the case of boxers its usually the case of both parties being somewhat to blame, but if you're gonna pick one of the pair that has been blocking the fight its Fury

Set unrealistic deadlines that were never gonna be met, changed how much money he wanted, retired, unretired, retired again

Both are to blame, but the reason it didn't happen was more likely Fury

And you could argue Fury is in the exact same boat especially if he loses to Usyk in the rematch
  • Billy Horschel, he with the West Ham golf bag, won the BMW PGA Championship. Probably the only time we'll see our glorious colours/crest near a trophy this season ⛳️
  • This is just gutting, you can't help but feel for our owners at times like this.

https://news.sky.com/story/money-consumer-personal-finance-skynews-latest-13040934
  • Can’t believe fans have been complaining about ticket prices for kids when he’s going through such hardship!
  • If he is really struggling for money he could always sell his shares in the football club he has a majority stake in!
  • I’m on a stag in Budapest, and the stags brothers happen to have a friend here so he’s joined. His name is “Braderz” and he’s a spurs fan ;hmm
  • Alderz, enjoy Budapest, it is such a beautiful city
  • 🤣🤪

• Even better - on closer scrutiny, that's a gilet!

• Timmy ;wahoo
  • Hi all .just wanted to say we lost our beloved Dog Aussie yesterday we are heartbroken but so glad he was part of us for as long as he was .He always seemed to know if I was happy or sad after my Hammers had won or lost .I think of this site as a family so wanted to share and say if any of you have a pet please give them a exter hug as they are never with us long enough ..Love you all
  • Aaw, that's very sad. I'm sorry for the loss of your furry friend, steve. They are always much missed x
  • Sorry for your news steve 😞
  • Steve, so sorry for your loss ❤️‍🩹
  • Sorry to hear that sad news Steve, they really are a part of the family in everyway <3
  • Sorry to hear that mate, it really hurts when they leave us.
  • Steve, hope Aussie always stays in your heart with a big smile and happy thoughts, losing a furry family member is always a tough time......But they will always remain part of you and your family <3
  • Indeed, feeling for your loss as there is something special in the relationship with a cherished family pet, we had a red setter for many years and I cannot see one without a memory coming back to me and a smile appearing on my face.
  • Thanks guys means a lot
  • edited October 17
    Even more dumping of sewage comes to light:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cdrj70dynk1o

It's bad enough that some of this discharging of sewage is permitted because "it is sometimes necessary to release sewage into rivers and lakes to stop the wastewater system from being overwhelmed by heavy rain"; in the 21st century this doesn't stand up imo, the wastewater systems surely should have been improved to ensure this doesn't happen, but to discharge when it's not allowed is just dreadful, especially as it's suggested they did it knowingly because they have no respect for the Environment Agency.

I made a complaint about a TV advert run by my local water company, Wessex Water, because it was singing its own praises about improvements it was making without in any way suggesting it had to make them to try to meet current regulations which it, like most if not all water companies, had been failing to do. The ASA upheld my complaint, even though apparently I was the only person to complain about it and the advert hasn't been shown since:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/wessex-waters-misleading-tv-advert-9400502