Couldn't Think - from January 2024

191011121315»

Comments

• How about a word of praise for our Jack Draper in the us open? Way to go Jack!
  • If anyone is interested I have a spare ticket for The Oval tomorrow. Let me know if you're interested. 🏏
  • edited September 7
    Oh dear, Josh Hull, after taking his first wicket thanks to a superb diving catch by Chris Woakes earlier in the day, drops an absolute sitter with England restricted to slow bowlers thanks to the less than perfect light atm. The batsman had dropped his bat in disgust at his shot, certain he was out. Hull will be praying that drop isn't too costly, he must be feeling dreadful.
  • It’s been very costly up to now and will no doubt get even costlier. For a guy with hands like buckets it was a very poor attempt.
  • It’s been very costly up to now and will no doubt get even costlier. For a guy with hands like buckets it was a very poor attempt.

Indeed, he was on 23 when he was dropped, he was finally out for 3 times that amount, 69.

Now Josh Hull has an easy chance dropped off his bowling, as Ollie Stone puts it down. Not quite as bad a drop as Hull's was yesterday, and hopefully not as costly as Sri Lanka are 8 down now, but still it was a bad drop and a catch that really shoulda been taken.
  • Interesting game going on in the County Championship, I wonder how many more wickets Surrey are going to have to take before they're allowed to bat:
  • Quite an interesting (to me anyway) article on match fixing:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cd05385k722o

Amazing that such a lot was being gambled on such low leagues; surely that in itself would be a huge red flag that wouldn't require anything particularly sophisticated to spot.
  • For anyone interested I have a spare ticket for the Liverpool cup tie. Please DM if interested.
  • Diamantis_are_forever

• IronHerb said:

For anyone interested I have a spare ticket for the Liverpool cup tie. Please DM if interested.

It's gone.
  • edited September 12
    Let's hope Antonio doesn't see this; just when it seems he has stopped shooting from from range quite as much as he used to, he might be encouraged by this to carry on shooting from outside the box:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/videos/cdrl4431m47o
  • Newcastle Away 8pm Monday night. Thanks SKY ☹️
  • IronHerb said:

Newcastle Away 8pm Monday night. Thanks SKY ☹️

Seems ridiculous to switch a match to a Monday when there's such a lot of travel involved. Looking at the fixtures, there doesn't seem to be a regular Monday evening PL match every week this season; is that because of the changes to the CL and EL?
  • IronHerb said:

Newcastle Away 8pm Monday night. Thanks SKY ☹️

Big night out after out on The Toon 🍻
  • Interesting to see that FIFA’s instructions to players who receive racial abuse is to make a cross with their arms to bring the officials attention who can stop the game.
    Our games could be regularly stopped each time we score as we make the crossed Hammers sign.
  • edited September 13
    Do any other teams have a signature gesture?

I think Spurs may have one but it's a bit different to ours as it always seems the away fans making it towards them. It does seem to follow them around though!