Couldn't Think - from January 2024

Comments

• edited August 21
    Reminds me of Rooney’s debut for United in the champs league and he cut his shirt and then some fans copied 🤦‍♂️

• Like the designer of those too-tight-socks!

Although - if those pics are genuine, it's actually a manufacturer issue, not designer.
  • Might need to change my FF team from Antonio's Long Throw to Antonio's Big Neck.
  • MrsGrey said:

Like the designer of those too-tight-socks!

Although - if those pics are genuine, it's actually a manufacturer issue, not designer.

Well, that kinda depends on whether the manufacturer produced what was designed; if they did, then surely it's the designer's fault.

• MrsGrey said:

Might need to change my FF team from Antonio's Long Throw to Antonio's Big Neck.

Or Antonio’s not very good 😜
  • edited August 22
    MrsGrey said:

Like the designer of those too-tight-socks!

I noticed it on Soucek during the game. Thought it might be a personal thing but seems like it is irritating several of them
  • In one of the biggest stories of the hour, Jermaine Jenas has been sacked by the BBC for inappropriate behaviour:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cy76pdz5152o

On a side note, the story hasn't featured on Talksport Drive, currently being presented by.........Jermaine Jenas 😂🤣😂.
  • I'm amazed in this day and age that people think they can pester people via texts and think nobody going to call them out on it. He's a moron.
  • edited August 22
    Presumably a criminal investigation will ensue.
  • Depends on the nature of the texts I expect. If sexual or racial probably but if they were general insulting texts criticising her then who knows.
    I’m surprised the BBC did anything at all given their track record but then maybe he wasn’t considered high profile enough.
  • Not sure who in the cosmos Grimsby have upset, but they're currently 4-1 down to Notts County and County's first goal was offside, second was clear handball, third a miss-hit cross and fourth a heavy deflection.

I'm no fan of how VAR has been used, but those first two goals highlight what it was brought in for.
  • The West Ham v Bournemouth Carabao Cup tie is being shown live on Sky Sports+.
  • Start the match thread. You know you want to!
  • Can't, Rav's got a run going.
  • Sad to hear the news of Sven-Goran Eriksen passing away. I know it was on the cards but still sad to hear. I liked Sven, always came across a very likeable chap. RIP Sven.
  • https://www.whufc.com/news/cresswell-350-appearances-supporting-squad-and-carabao-cup

Surely the club could afford a really little bit of media training, just so they know how to ask a question. :p
  • MrsGrey said:

https://www.whufc.com/news/cresswell-350-appearances-supporting-squad-and-carabao-cup

Surely the club could afford a really little bit of media training, just so they know how to ask a question. :p

WHU media: "Have you had lots of interviews where they answered the questions for you?"
    Creswell: "Yes."
  • K Tripps retired
    And 4 newbies

• Nice to see an actual left back called up.
  • edited August 29
    This whole new champions leaque formula is doing my head in .Not even sure i will be bothered to watch .well not untill next season when we are in it =)
  • steve said:

This whole new champions leaque formula is doing my head in .Not even sure i will be bothered to watch .well not untill next season when we are in it =)

It really seems unnecessarily complicated, just a way to slightly expand it to allow a few "legacy" teams to get in when they haven't earned qualification. You can be sure that they'll want to slowly increase the number of games all teams play, from 8 this season, to 10, then 12 etc. A European League achieved by stealth methods.
  • Football is just getting silly now regard finding ways to put more and more games on the calendar. I think there needs a reduction rather than expansion.

I would have one domestic cup within each country, seeding for international competitions to release from largely meaningless qualifying stages, the three existing Euro competitions but without this rule in which if you get knocked out of the Champions League or Europa you get another crack in the next one down. Finally a super cup final between the Champions League winners and south American equivalent.
  • The only new innovation I would consider to replace the loss of the Caraboo cup nonsense for lower league teams is a cup for each separate league from the championship down. You could really incentivise it by offering the winner the sixth play off spot (should they not qualify already) or a exemption from relegation instead should they finish in the bottom three. It would make cup nights a real occasion in those leagues, far better than caraboo cup matches that will lead nowhere for them. You could win the Championship Cup and an entry to the play offs.
  • I would have one domestic cup within each country

Totally agree with this

Only six European countries have a second cup competition that involves all the top flight clubs during the season, the others are Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Portugal and Israel

England is the only country to give the winners of the second cup competition a place in Europe
  • Bizarrely the head of UEFA has said there isn’t room to fit any more matches into a season. I wonder whose fault that is.
  • There is no drop down from the Champions League to Europa League this season.
  • IronHerb said:

There is no drop down from the Champions League to Europa League this season.

Yeah that's the main positive I take from the new structure. Once you're out, you're out. It's the same as Europa to Conference too.
  • just watching a bit of the Diamond League Athletics. It's been a while since I watched these kinds of events. It's Rome. Friday night.ots of Olympic medallists, World Records being set...etc. Quality stuff.

Stadium looks like it's 80% empty 😳