Brighton (H) 19.30 Tuesday, January 2nd, or 14.30 in the USA (East)

1235»

Comments

• Dodger58 said:

Gordon Banks used to say the best keepers never had to move much.

I was once asked to play in goal for my team when our goalie didn’t turn up.
    I didn’t move very much an we lost 11-0. =)
  • Cornet must have slapped Moyes with a fish.
    Or he doesn’t turn up to training at all.

Because Benrahma and Fornals have been pretty bad this season and we could’ve done with an out ball when we were under pressure at the end. Not being willing to give any minutes even when the absences are this bad suggests something very wrong.

But overall I’d take that point. Brighton weren’t very good compared to some other performances. I think Areola and Alvarez were great. Bowen did really well leading the press and trying to make something of any scraps he got but otherwise a performance where you could really see we struggled creatively without Kudus and Paqueta.
  • I can only assume that there is more to it. Either Moyes has not been impressed with what he’s seen, there is a personality clash or he has an underlying fitness/injury issue.
  • Lukerz said:

I can only assume that there is more to it. Either Moyes has not been impressed with what he’s seen, there is a personality clash or he has an underlying fitness/injury issue.

Or maybe he let slip that we should try out playing two up top, I reckon that would do it 😉