Liverpool (A) Carabao Cup Weds 20th Dec 8pm live on Sky

Comments

• That’s more encouraging. They’ve only scored 3 out of 20 attempts ie 15% but we’ve scored 1 out of 2, 50%. Does that make us more deadly.
  • edited December 2023
    We're OK, Ings is coming on.

Lol, my commentator just said "Bringing on Ings for Alvarez will make us weaker in midfield, but as we're going out, we've got to try anything".

It's a shame Moyes didn't think to try something with the team and substitutions he's made this evening.

Oh well, 4-1.
  • Salah. Pft. So overrated.
  • MrsGrey said:

Salah. Pft. So overrated.

Ings would have nailed that
  • That aged well
  • Another comment that aged well 😅
  • Remember - 1/4 final & Moyes didn’t even do the press conference. The attitude was set from the start.
  • Lukerz said:

Remember - 1/4 final & Moyes didn’t even do the press conference. The attitude was set from the start.

Klopp didn’t do theirs either, presumably Liverpool’s attitude has been wrong too?
  • That fifth one was simply ridiculous
  • Lukerz said:

Remember - 1/4 final & Moyes didn’t even do the press conference. The attitude was set from the start.

I don't really understand what point you're trying to make. Are you saying we shouldn't be annoyed at this pitiful performance in a quarter-final because, in your view, Moyes didn't care? If Moyes really didn't care then that only makes me angrier
  • edited December 2023
    5 now. That’s 5 in each of our last two away games. Still time for this one to go 6 or 7
    Next away game is Arsenal Can’t see the trend ending any time soon.
  • 5-1 and the score still flatters us.
  • Oy vey. That's nothing to do with team selection.

All to do with player quality and player performance
  • Ogbonna has been awful. He’s completely done
  • alderz said:

Lukerz said:

Klopp didn’t do theirs either, presumably Liverpool’s attitude has been wrong too?
    Well Liverpool aren’t 5-1 down so it’s not a consideration point worth discussing.
  • edited December 2023
    Lukerz said:

alderz said:

Lukerz said:

Well Liverpool aren’t 5-1 down so it’s not a consideration point worth discussing.
    Lol ok. I‘ll remember to check with you in future to see if things are worth discussing
  • Really dont know why we bother in these cups .Also games like this is why moyes has to go .Theres been to many of them
  • alderz said:

Ogbonna has been awful. He’s completely done

Could be because he hasn't been given enough game time.

That's on Moyes.
    👀 You know what I'm getting at x
  • steve said:

Really dont know why we bother in these cups .Also games like this is why moyes has to go .Theres been to many of them

We’re 8th in the league, we’ve got a trophy in the cabinet, we’re through in Europe, 14 Premier League teams didn’t make it to the quarter final. Yes, this has been an awful performance, but to say it means the manager has to go is too far, IMO.
  • steve said:

Really dont know why we bother in these cups .Also games like this is why moyes has to go .Theres been to many of them

Managers get sacked ( or not) on the league performance.

Fans give pelters mainly on league performance.

Gotta be honest about what's the priority.
  • I just dislike setting up not to win. If players are fit, play them in a quarter final
  • alderz said:

steve said:

We’re 8th in the league, we’ve got a trophy in the cabinet, we’re through in Europe, 14 Premier League teams didn’t make it to the quarter final. Yes, this has been an awful performance, but to say it means the manager has to go is too far, IMO.
    Give that man a gold star.
  • if we are going to loose 5-1 without really giving it a go then play all the kids at lest then i wont feel this bad .Even if the kids lost 10-1 .still would not feel this bad or lets say i am just sad
  • MrsGrey said:

steve said:

Managers get sacked ( or not) on the league performance.

Fans give pelters mainly on league performance.

Gotta be honest about what's the priority.
    I agree that overall the league is more important than the League Cup, but when you're in a quarter-final versus one of 38 games in a fight to finish either 7th, 8th, 9th or 10th (IMO that's what we're fighting for), I'd rather we'd prioritised tonight over Saturday.
  • steve said:

if we are going to loose 5-1 without really giving it a go then play all the kids at lest then i wont feel this bad .Even if the kids lost 10-1 .still would not feel this bad or lets say i am just sad

I think it would be way worse to do that to the kids, tbh. I think the team selection was disappointing, but honestly the selection was only part of the problem. Almost all of them put in some of their worst performances in my memory, and they should be better than that.
  • I’d be more worried if I were them. 30 attempts and only 5 goals against a team playing statues.
  • Moyes already said before Wolves he prioritised the league over everything else. He should have just went for the full 11 change though. Start Kehrer / Ings / Mubama etc. Why waste Bowen / Kudus etc