Liverpool (A) Carabao Cup Weds 20th Dec 8pm live on Sky

Comments

• Benrahma gets a very rare chance to cross. Does stepovers instead
  • It's like men versus boys out there. So easy for a Liverpool to go from defence to attack and completely bypass and midfield..
  • edited December 2023
    I assume we’ll be making changes at half time. I want JWP, Paqueta and Emerson on
  • This is pointless at the moment.
    Moyes absolutely to blame. This was not a Catch 22 situation l (my favourite book by the way).
  • Ward-Prowse had on his “please do not call on me face” I am happy hiding on this here bench

Well, it's a really big ask to come on and turn things around; we needed to start strong and grab the initiative given the team they started with, but we've handed it to them on a plate with our selection.
  • What a complete waste of a game so far, no point in us even bothering with the journey
  • Can't recall a WHU shot on or off the goal. Need to change personnel and tactics. Moyes can easily take-off five players.
  • edited December 2023
    I get that we have a busy schedule and I love the fact that we are in the last 16 of the Europa cup, but our next game in Europe is a long way off, we are in no danger in the league and this is a great chance to grab a semi final place.

And we seem to have passed on it.

This is a lackluster performance at best and after the last couple of outings, I was actually feeling good about this one
  • MrsGrey said:

If we assume those on the bench are fit to play I

some part, but not 90 mins? we've had this debate before and I maintain if someone's not sure to fit for 90 mins, you don't start them.
    If we are speaking of match fitness I would agree but if unwell I don't see that you could play any part of a high intensity match at elite level. I would think if you can come on then you are not unwell. It looks to my eye this evening that Aguerd is unwell but the others are being rested, I may be wrong of course.
  • It’s about 11-0 in attempts this half and about 350-6 in kicks.
  • This is very one sided. This side is not going to change things and there is no point taking another 15 minutes. We either change now and show we are going for it or just accept we didn't come to compete.

Harry just said as much, he needs to change it now.
  • Let’s not forget, in all our criticism (rightly), they are second in the league. They have over 30 shots v Man Utd on Sunday. They are a better team than us.
  • Lukerz said:

Let’s not forget, in all our criticism (rightly), they are second in the league. They have over 30 shots v Man Utd on Sunday. They are a better team than us.

I wish someone had told Moyes this. He thought it was Bristol City tonight I think.
  • so tired of this
  • Only positive is we are only 1 down at HT, COYI ⚒️⚒️⚒️
  • Lukerz said:

Let’s not forget, in all our criticism (rightly), they are second in the league. They have over 30 shots v Man Utd on Sunday. They are a better team than us.

But they've not fielded a full strength side; if we had gone stronger then things shoulda been a lot more even.
  • We’re only a goal behind, and whilst we’ve been comprehensively outplayed in the first half, you never know what might happen in the second.
  • Johnson in particular was a strange choice for me. He hasn’t played at all and looks well off pace.
  • No changes. The logical decision.
  • I get the various reason Moyes made changes but simply our second choice players are not as good as Liverpools Benrahma too light weight, Soucek and Fornals not in the game. Needs changes now.
  • Getting something out of the Man Utd game at the weekend if likely to have far less impact on our season than a win tonight, and, given Man Utd won't be fielding a weakened side, is arguably a tougher fixture anyway.

Very poor decision making by Moyes imo.
  • It looks like they’re playing in fast forward, it’s terrifying.
  • How far offside was Benny there :-(
  • So, just back with additional supplies. Did I miss anything.
  • Did ogbonna even try and close him down?
  • Paqueta about to come on but we're 2 down now, too late Moyes.
  • Soucek let him run, Areola shouldn’t be beaten like that.
  • I am so disappointed and cross.