Liverpool (A) Carabao Cup Weds 20th Dec 8pm live on Sky

Comments

• Oh good. Stepovers.
  • MrsGrey said:

Oh good. Stepovers.

Why worry about passing or shooting when you can just so step overs and lose the ball :)
  • Has he no consideration for my alcohol levels. I'm having a swig every time there's a nervy moment.

I'm nearly finished the bottle.
  • edited December 2023
    That made me laugh, commentator about Benny, “it has taken some time for the west ham fans to warm up to his qualities”

• I dislike Klopp as much as Arteta these days.
  • The old cliche of football is a game of two halves, so is the pitch and we need to start making use of theirs.
  • Liverpool have been high octane, but slightly in our favour that does mean they seem to be rushing their shots. ( Thank goodness)
  • I dislike Klopp as much as Arteta these days.

Klopp was first so I dislike Arteta nearly as much as Klopp.
  • We have been so bad so far
  • Should have gone whole hog and change the whole 11 or not change any of the 11 imo.
  • Benny loses the ball and we concede.
  • Benrahma is simply a liability IMO
  • Not happy at all at the number of changes. No game plan.
  • I thought the Fulham performance was bad but this is embarrassing. They’ve already had 8 attempts and we’ve barely had a kick let alone attempt.
  • Soft giveaway by Benny and then Waaaaaayyyy too much space - Soucek needs to step up - he has just let play pass him by up until now
  • Moyes fully to blame for this performance. The team he put out is just not good enough. We had a chance to play a weakened Liverpool team and make it to the semi final but he completely got this wrong. Why not play the same team as Sunday?
  • MrsGrey said:

Liverpool have been high octane, but slightly in our favour that does mean they seem to be rushing their shots. ( Thank goodness)

That aged well
  • This is incredibly bad considering we’re playing in a quarter final.
  • The starting line up is simply wrong.
  • Johnson definitely not getting a contract extension on this showing.
    Benrahma and Fornals are definitely not going to be here next season thats for sure.
  • Fornals with 6 touches after 36 minutes, and he kicked off for us. He’s had absolutely no influence at all, I don’t know what’s happened to him.
  • MIAHammer said:

Moyes fully to blame for this performance. The team he put out is just not good enough. We had a chance to play a weakened Liverpool team and make it to the semi final but he completely got this wrong. Why not play the same team as Sunday?

Illness, injury, fatigue.

Possibly.
  • alderz said:

Fornals with 6 touches after 36 minutes, and he kicked off for us. He’s had absolutely no influence at all, I don’t know what’s happened to him.

I saw those stats. I hadn't even registered he was playing.
  • It’s so poor how many times we’ve lost the ball in our own defensive third. We must have known how Liverpool press
  • Counting down to half time so I can make an emergency run to the offie.
  • MrsGrey said:

MIAHammer said:

Moyes fully to blame for this performance. The team he put out is just not good enough. We had a chance to play a weakened Liverpool team and make it to the semi final but he completely got this wrong. Why not play the same team as Sunday?

Illness, injury, fatigue.

Possibly.
    But, firstly, we started the season short of players of sufficient quality, and secondly, Moyes has barely played anyone outside the very small core of his trusted players. Moyes doesn't get off scott free for this situation imo.
  • It’s so poor how many times we’ve lost the ball in our own defensive third. We must have known how Liverpool press

Moyes should have told them.

#moyesout
  • Away fans coming through on the audio. Good lads!
  • edited December 2023
    Ward-Prowse had on his “please do not call on me face” I am happy hiding on this here bench