Liverpool (A) Carabao Cup Weds 20th Dec 8pm live on Sky

Comments

• edited December 2023
    6 changes is a little too much for me. I’d have played Emerson & one of JWP/Paqueta.
  • Not as strong a line-up as I’d have hoped for, but Liverpool also much changed. On current form, I’d take Bowen and Kudus over Nunez and Gakpo.
  • A huge ask for us given the side we're putting out, even against a weakened Liverpool side; unfortunately they've got way more strength in depth than us, so their changes are likely to have less effect on them.
  • I am surprised by that. If we assume those on the bench are fit to play I am not sure why we are not going for this? I can see what Liverpool may have their eye on but not us. We have no Europa until March, and are all but safe unless we plummet regard form in the league. Its a Quarter final and we would have a decent shout against any of the semi finalists already through.
  • I’m surprised we’ve gone as weak as that. Mavropanos makes sense to protect Zouma but to leave out Emerson, Ward-Prowse & Paqueta. Aguerd seems to have a knock or is unwell as he is not in the squad.
  • Heard Aguerd is ill .But still to many changes
  • Bonkers not to go with Emerson and Paqueta
  • Should have played them tonight and rested them for the easy game against Man U =)
  • The opportunity to level the gap between the sides has been passed up. Lets hope he knows what he is doing this evening. I think most will think otherwise regard how he has set us up for this match.
  • I would rather have a go at winning this and take what we can against Man Utd.
    I love a cup run.
  • Van Dijk, Tsimikas, Endo, Nunez and Szoboszlai started on Sunday

Four Sunday subs, back up keeper and U21 CB

A strong(ish) side

• edited December 2023
    Zouma needs to start and rest him at the weekend. Ogbonna and Mavropanos against Liverpool just doesn't add up. I will be happy to be proved wrong.
  • Fair enough. I am not in the know.

Like the rest of us :+1:

Unless anyone was at training....
  • If we assume those on the bench are fit to play I

some part, but not 90 mins? we've had this debate before and I maintain if someone's not sure to fit for 90 mins, you don't start them.
  • Let’s get amongst em
  • edited December 2023
    I’m not sure why we do short goalkicks if we just end up having the keeper chip it to the fullback under pressure. Just hoof it!
  • Wow , DM has never won at Anfield as a manager in 23 attempts and we have only won once there in 60years

Time to rewrite the history books

COYI
  • Oh and in case you missed it Nunes is my new pet peeve, look out for his “wot me ref” face, he has perfected it
  • Under the kosh a bit, aren’t we
  • This is gonna be a hard watch if we carry on like this, I'm having kittens already.
  • This is horrible.

• Really really really dislike Liverpool.
  • What was in their pre-match drinks?
  • At the moment we’ve reverted to the West Ham who can’t string three passes together.
  • This is going to be a long game. No one in midfield that can pass a ball or be creative
  • Need Kudus to show more composure.
  • Not able to get and hold onto the ball at the moment - giving them far too much space in midfield
  • Yeah - that face
  • I find Benrahma to be so incredibly frustrating