Chelsea (H) Sunday 20th August 4:30pm live on Sky

Comments

• Fornals so close to sealing it. agh
  • How's that not a foul on Paqueta
  • Fantastic save from Areola.
  • OMG, unbelievable
  • Heads gone.
  • Absolutely mammoth effort in the second half after that atrocity of a first half.
  • Tale of two debuts.
  • The most damning thing I can say is that there is only one team out there actually interested in winning the game, and clearly it is not us,

Well that aged well😀
  • not the best thing to do for a 115m signing
  • a game of two-halves. I age about 50 years in the second half. A welcome win but need to play well for 90 minutes and with 11 players.
  • looked better with 10 men than 11 at points. Think JWP will slot in well here, his set piece delivery's is probably going to be West Hams focal point for much of this season.
  • What a ridiculous game, ended up fully deserving after such a poor first half, the second was full of everything we want.

The passion, work ethic and the simple fact that they worked their socks off, and against Chelsea - THIS Chelsea, the world is suddenly a happier place
  • edited August 2023
    We should have been about four or five down at half time. How on earth did we win that? ……and with ten men. Thought Soucek was great, and Fornals must start next game IMO.
  • Sundays don’t get much better,
  • Second half was what we’re all about when we do it well. First was what happens when we do it badly.
  • Random stat nicked from BBC

Nayef Aguerd is the first player to both score and receive a red card in the same Premier League match for West Ham since Mark Noble against Liverpool in August 2015.
  • We really hung in there ,That should do us a lot of good .the players must be spent i know i am ,need to go lay down in a darken room .Well played to every one of our players
  • Well played Hammers … ALL involved Hold your heads up high 💖⚒️⚒️
  • still Massive
  • Antonio was really good today. Reminded me of the Antonio at the start of the 2021/22 season, when we started with 8 goals in our first 2 games. We, ultimately, need a successor for him, but he was really good today.

As good a second half display as you’ll get in a game that poses those sorts of challenges from Chelsea.
  • edited August 2023
    The biggest performance mystery that came out of that game was that of Caceido's.
    He looked like a complete novice even though he's had a season of PL experience.
    Make's Rice look like the bargain of the century.
  • I went to pick my brother up so didn't watch the second half. I wasn't going to pick him up but was so frustrated with the first half, I decided to pick him. I was listening in the car and still can't believe we won. All I can say is well done lads but please can you just not put another performance like you did in first half please?
  • Had a wonderful day with family and the grandbabies, I didn’t dare hope for it to finish the way it did.
    I’m still beaming.🎉⚒
  • edited August 2023
    Lukerz said:

Antonio was really good today. Reminded me of the Antonio at the start of the 2021/22 season, when we started with 8 goals in our first 2 games. We, ultimately, need a successor for him, but he was really good today.

As good a second half display as you’ll get in a game that poses those sorts of challenges from Chelsea.

Imo, until he scored, I thought he was dreadful. He improved after his goal, almost as if he was suddenly motivated to be "the matchwinner".

The first half it was looking like being a "falling down day", and, until the goal (which was admittedly well taken) I thought he was just highlighting how desperately we need a new CF. He had an early opportunity when he got the better of Silva, but he just ran along the edge of their box without managing to get a shot away, wasting a good opportunity. Other than that he might not have been there until he scored out of nowhere, which is fine in itself, only it's not something he does on a regular basis (ie be anonymous but still scoring, usually he's just anonymous).

• Moyes wins games and cups its what he does =)
  • Paqueta certainly wanted that. Despite being a showboater, and a dark arts sort of player, he is class and works his socks off.
    Let's hope we keep him and he is proven to be innocent.
  • Sitting pretty in the top six. Massive club.
  • steve said:

What if Paqueta plays and gets a yellow after 80 mins then a red in the 88th =)

I’m guessing that you will have cleaned up. 🤣