Chelsea (H) Sunday 20th August 4:30pm live on Sky

Comments

• Can’t see Paqueta being involved IMO, might mean we see our 2 signings start just to compensate for him missing, we’ll soon find out though 👍🏻⚒️👍🏻⚒️
  • edited August 2023
    Why would he not play? He hasn't even been charged with anything.
  • edited August 2023
    I think we may find out.that Moyes still does not believe in “trial by social media”. He played Zouma, and he was caught on video! There is no proof, we know of , of Paqueta’s guilt.
  • The only reason for Paqueta not to play is if his head is elsewhere. But last week his head was allegedly in Manchester and he was a lot of peoples MOTM.
  • I think it will boil down to how Paqueta is handling everything, whether his head is right to use the common parlance.
  • Zouma was played after the cat situation. Everybody had seen the evidence of that, too.
  • Did DM play Kral or Vlasic quickly & although it may be a different question 👍 IF he did were they played in their best position?
  • Why would he not play? He hasn't even been charged with anything.

I really hope he does, but something as serious as this MIGHT just have affected his thoughts etc, etc, I am not saying it has , but all I am saying is it would not be a huge surprise to me to see him taken out of the limelight, let's see, I hope I'm wrong as he's certainly one of our best players if not best IMO.
  • Is this:

Did DM play Kral or Vlasic quickly & although it may be a different question 👍 IF he did were they played in their best position?

your answer to this:
    MrsGrey said:

Are you arguing that managers should start their new signings in the next game?

And that not to do so is wrong/the sign of a bad manager?

• Why would he not play? He hasn't even been charged with anything.

I really hope he does, but something as serious as this MIGHT just have affected his thoughts etc, etc, I am not saying it has , but all I am saying is it would not be a huge surprise to me to see him taken out of the limelight, let's see, I hope I'm wrong as he's certainly one of our best players if not best IMO.
    Toney played for ages under an FA investigation when he knew he was guilty. Paqueta is, apparently, denying it.
  • IronHerb said:

Why would he not play? He hasn't even been charged with anything.

Toney played for ages under an FA investigation when he knew he was guilty. Paqueta is, apparently, denying it.
    Who knows how Paqueta feels though.
    Toney and Paqueta are different people with different feelings..
    You or me have no clue in all honesty, so let’s just wait and see 👍🏻
  • Well obviously but I was just sharing my opinion.
  • edited August 2023
    @MrsGrey, Yes it’s a sign of a poor manager. There are many examples of players choosing not to sign for us due to our manager. No I don’t have any links. 👍
  • @MrsGrey, Yes it’s a sign of a poor manager. 👍

So Moyes is a poor manager because he didn’t start Kral as soon as he signed him? I think we’ve finally been able to replace ‘Tomkins is world class’ as the worst take to be posted on this forum
  • Cresswell back in squad today
  • edited August 2023

@MrsGrey, Yes it’s a sign of a poor manager. 👍

Then all managers in the PL are poor, because they've all, in one instance or another, not started new signings straight away.

And, following your logic, when Moyes does start a new signing in the first game they are available, he has metamorphosed instantaneously into a good manager....

Unai Emery signed Torres, didn't start him last week (was a bad manager) but starts him today (is a good manager, yay)
    de Zerbi signed Milner (started him in both available games) and Dahoud (didn't start 1st game)
    Kompany started Berge, but not Redmond + Laarsen.

Can't be bothered to do any more as i need to have my lunch before the 2pm KO :-)
  • edited August 2023
    IronHerb said:

Well obviously but I was just sharing my opinion.

Exactly like I was IH......perhaps you need to sometimes state IMO as it often comes across that ONLY your opinion is the valid one....just a thought hey!
    we are ALL entitled to that!!!
  • Jorderz, When we sign a player do they normally play straight away? Some teams give them their debut in the next available game? Does DM do that?

For the players I listed, I’m pretty sure they played almost immediately, either starting or as subs. But I haven’t checked.
    Haven't checked???

Hold my beer...

Paqueta's first appearance was as a sub in the 67th minute, started the 2nd game

Scamacca started in both ECL qualifiers against Viborg but was on the bench for our first three Premier League matches before he got a start.

Kehrer and Soucek were both in the starting XI for their debuts

Coufal also started his first match but he'd already played 7 games for Slavia Prague

Bowen had two games coming off the bench before he got into the starting XI

Zouma was an unused sub for his first match, started the next one

Aguerd got injured pre-season (Rangers), was an unused sub his first game back and started in the League Cup against Blackburn, started the next PL game

• Thanks, ASLEF, but that must be wrong. Apparently Moyes never plays new players until months after they’ve signed.
  • Paqueta didn't let speculation over his transfer to City effect his game so he might not let the allegations bother him either

As he says he's innocent he might go out there and play a blinder just to prove his point

I can see JWP getting a start as he's had a pre-season and played a full 90 minutes with Saints but Alvarez hasn't had any playing time since the Gold Cup
  • What if Paqueta plays and gets a yellow after 80 mins then a red in the 88th =)
  • steve said:

What if Paqueta plays and gets a yellow after 80 mins then a red in the 88th =)

What are the odds on that? Can you put a tenner on for me?
  • Think it’s nailed on JWP for Benrahma in only change. Fornals at LM.
  • Fornals dropped for JWP
  • edited August 2023
    Areola, Coufal, Zouma ©, Aguerd, Emerson, Ward-Prowse, Souček, Bowen, Paquetá, Benrahma, Antonio
    Subs: Fabiański, Johnson, Cresswell, Ogbonna, Álvarez, Fornals, Cornet, Ings, Mubama

Kehrer absent from the squad 🤔🤔🤔.
  • edited August 2023
    Squad looking half decent…

With no doubt 2-3 to come.
  • Think Fornals can consider himself hard done by
  • Chelsea same XI as Liverpool apart from Gusto for James

Caicedo on the bench, no Lavia