Chelsea (H) Sunday 20th August 4:30pm live on Sky

Comments

• MrsGrey said:

Paquetas head is gone

Not really.
    Hes been animated the entire game so far and got himself a ridiculous yellow in a dangerous area for no reason, he's never done anything like this in any other game for us
  • Penalty now. This is heading to 4 or 5
  • Bored of Benrahma playing for us
  • Was so hopeful that Soucek would progress after his performance last week , he has been shocking today
  • Penalty saved.
  • I give up with this team. We're playing the same boring way we have for the last 2 years. It doesn't matter who we sign it's same boring hopeful football.
  • We've barely strung three passes together at any point.
  • edited August 2023
    Poor penalty, great save and then Benny wastes a promising breakaway, there were far more promising options open for him but he went for glory - oh my
  • Great save by Areola but this is dire, absolutely shocking how bad we've been

Can't wait till Moyes finally leaves and we can see something resembling football

Also....this game isn't ending with 11 men each side, 5 cards already shown
  • Can see this ending with 10 players for us.
  • Is anyone gonna tackle Sterling?
  • I've had to turn my volume off, my eardrums can't handle Carraghers screeching Scouse whine any longer.
  • We're lucky not to be 3 or 4 down honestly. Horrible performance.
  • Well that was the proverbial hot knife through butter - how this is still 1-1, I will never know
  • No development in our play, is there.
  • We've barely strung three passes together at any point.

It's like they aren't even professional footballers. Really poor, and lacking composure.
  • Why do we not even press? Why is it just passively sit back & watch them knock it about?
  • That was horrible. Can't string a couple of passes together. Set up to play on the counter (I guess?) but zero counter-attacking threat.
  • Anyone know the current odds of Moyes to become Everton manager Jan 1st ?
  • What was the actual offence that Paqueta was booked for?
  • What goes on in training? Do they just stay in one half and get the u21's to attack them? We are just dire.
  • At lest it looks like a nice sunny day =)
  • I've had to turn my volume off, my eardrums can't handle Carraghers screeching Scouse whine any longer.

And why oh why can't Peter Drury speak plainly instead of always trying to be "poetic".
    Hate his voice as much as Carragher's.
  • edited August 2023
    The most damning thing I can say is that there is only one team out there actually interested in winning the game, and clearly it is not us,

We are clearly set up to limit the damage and hopefully through some miracle, steal a breakaway opportunity, we are clearly a threat from a set piece, but you actually have to try and win the ball and play in the oppositions half to do that.

For me, that half was a very frustrating watch and we are very lucky to be on level pegging

• We are lucky to be level at half-time. Chelsea should be out of sight. Emerson has been poor and so has been the midfield. Antonio and Bowen hardly had any service. Need to change personnel and tactics at half-time. Emerson is in danger of being sent-off. So, I suspect Moyes will sub him first. Soucek, Paqueta, Benrahama, JWP have been chasing shadows and any/all could be subbed.
  • We are poor but a nod to Chelsea is due, they attack with such aggression and pace. This team is nothing like last seasons. Poch has got them playing with a new energy.
  • What was the actual offence that Paqueta was booked for?

He was trying to officiate the game, and when it didn't work he approached the lino
  • Couldn't handle their pace so Mudryk is going to have a field day

Don't even know how we change it up, Moyes has set us up all wrong we have no outball
  • It’s just how every game, whether Chelsea or Bournemouth, we have around 30%-35% of the ball.
  • COYI........