Bournemouth away 3pm Saturday 12th August (not on TV)

Comments

• Main thing from today is to come away with a point at least. After some of the negativity it will only spiral if we get beat.
  • Think a point would be okay ,of course a win would be better
  • I fancy an away win myself. COYI ⚒
  • I know it’s early but any links to streams would be gratefully received. My dodgy stick is away at , ahem, “ the menders “.
    Ta in advance.
  • steve said:

Think a point pint would be okay ,of course a win two would be better

Fixed it for ya. =)
  • About as strong a starting 11 as we could put out atm, obviously a big call on Areola starting ahead of Fabianski.
  • Paqueta starts ,But did not see Areola ahead of Fab
  • Hence why we aren’t in chaos. Pretty good 11.
  • It's probably the line up we would have started with at the end of last season had Rice and Fab been injured. Probably not a line up any fan at all imagined for our first match of the new season.

This should still be a winnable game however and we really need go for all three point seven though away.
  • Lukerz said:

Hence why we aren’t in chaos. Pretty good 11.

What's the bench looking like ?
  • Bench use to be wood ,Now the subs sit anywhere =)
  • edited August 2023
    Internationals such as Kehrer, Cornet, experienced PL striker in Ings, talented youngster in Mubama. Experience in Fab & Ogbonna. Clearly need 2/3 players on there & next week we can add Alvarez & JWP. Not perfect but not the end of the world.
  • edited August 2023
    Zouma captain
  • Lukerz said:

Internationals such as Kehrer, Cornet, experienced PL striker in Ings, talented youngster in Mubama. Experience in Fab & Ogbonna. Clearly need 2/3 players on there & next week we can add Alvarez & JWP. Not perfect but not the end of the world.

Yeh Luke thanks for that, was only asking as it was not included above, but thanks….
  • Sorry, didn’t appreciate that

Fab, Anang, Ogbonna, Kehrer, Johnson, Coventry, Cornet, Ings, Mubama
  • edited August 2023
    👍🏻⚒️👍🏻 Yeh apart from the 2 keepers a mixed bunch of good experience and younger ones..
  • Areola has a lot to prove, for me. Hope he does well today.
  • Lukerz said:

Sorry, didn’t appreciate that

Fab, Anang, Ogbonna, Kehrer, Johnson, Coventry, Cornet, Ings, Mubama

So effectively a 7 man bench, as 2 keepers and Coventry who is nowhere near PL standard.
  • Here we go
  • CM Lewis Cook or RW Dango Ouattara (£20m from Lorient January) both missing

Replaced by Joe Rothwell and David Brooks. Brooks played his first game after recovering from lymphatic cancer in March. Scored three goals in pre season
  • Kerkez, who represented AZ in the second leg of the ECL semi final is playing for Bournemouth. Many felt we should have been in for him, so will be interesting to see how he does in his first match in the PL.
  • Good play and Soucek hits the inside of the post.
  • edited August 2023
    Soucek unlucky, hits the inside of the far post, back across the goal into the arms of the keeper.
  • We look the more dangerous at the moment.
  • A few half chances , need to be a bit more clinical…
  • Def done enough to be 1-0 up
  • We've looked good when Paqueta, Fornals and Benrahma have got some quick passing together. Soucek has been good so far, too.
  • Has anyone got a working stream? Nothing seems to be doing it for me.